UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 23 in my bedroom, with windows open and a good breeze blowing straight through the house. None of us are very keen on it except the giant snails who are revelling in it and dashing about.

Its about 26 in my front room now, got a nice breeze coming through from the window. Front room hardly ever goes below 23'c because of the menagerie :D

Snails are having fun - big Africans are kipping, baby Africans are sliming about, Asian snails eating, Eurosnails in the kitchen kipping, Eurosnails in front room eating, Peurto Rican snails sliming, think some are getting jiggy...stick insects just starting to wake up, as are the snakes, crabs thundering about their tank very loudly, tarantulas all digesting, roaches nomming :) Can't see the millipedes but guess they are kipping.

HRH kipping on my bed. :rolleyes:

Not sure if the bee thing :rolleyes: by the pond was a hornet but it was hairless [as far as i could see!], noisy and bright yellow and black stripes but def not a bumble bee:unsure: had a good look as it rested on a plant leaf as i was checking the pond. As i live in Guernsey it'll not be the same one Owl had visit her :laugh:

Fab :flowers: I am wondering if I will get a call saying can you come and get your little girl please as she keeps asking for her mummy?! (yes I know she's a dog :wink: but she's also my baby :wub: )

My back still hurts and got pulled again when I had to grab Sno and stop him going into a corner. Blimmin flies :mad:

:GroupHug: Once got a phone call from our vets saying "your dog is ready to go home and please can you get him NOW because the vet cant start afternoon consults till he goes home because he cant hear what clients are saying over the din" :laugh:

When Izzie was speyed i got a medical pet shirt from the vets as she went mad and panicked when they put a buster collar on her. The only downside to the shirt is having to undo the bum velcro so they can pee otherwise it was great.

http://www.medicalpetshirts.com/pages/44uk...cteristics.html

Never seen an official version but everyone used to laugh at me for putting an old swimming costume on a bitch to keep them off the stitches. Might have looked a bit odd but it worked. Guess someone else beat me to the patent for that idea though.

No, it wasn't anything like that hornet. Different shape, less of a waist, and it didn't have those dot-type markings on the stripes. It had unbroken wide bands in shades of brown and amber. It was more of a bee shape than a wasp shape, rather like a whacking great andrena bee. I measured it against my thumb - as well as I could without annoying it more - and have now looked at my thumb against a ruler. This bee was close to 2". I am wondering if it was a non-native bee come over in the heat wave.

I'm kicking myself for not taking notes on it, but when you have an angry giant bee and an excited pointery fing trying to retrieve it, it's safety first.

Exciting event number 2: inspired by the heat, Big Margie has just laid an egg! This snail was one of 2 babies which KathyM sent me. The other one never really did well, don't know why. It was slower growing and before long shuffled off :unsure: So if my margie has mated with anything it must have been a fulica or a fulica x albopicta cos I had several of those, v cute with pink tips to their shells :wub: In theory a fulica can't breed with a marginata, but in practice I know it has happened. A margie belonging to a lady in Scotland had a few babies which were crosses with fulica. I'm very inclined to see if I can hatch this egg and see what it produces, if anything. I'm down to the margie and 3 dwarf fulica who never grew much, so hardly getting overrun.

Hi Rachel, nice to see you here :wavey:

Evening

Hope everyone is ok. You've been yakking well today.

Ange M-M should be fine and just shrug it off. :GroupHug: Sheena had an evil streak when wearing a buster collar. She thought it was great fun and took great joy in ram raiding all of us whenever she had one on. She was a divil with trying to fiddle with stitches so deffo needed one.

:laugh: at Mel. Hope your children feel the same when they're teenagers.

There are some right numties in the big brother house. I've caught it by mistake tonight.

Does anyone know of any town centre shops that give cash back with a debit card?

Edited by Jacobean

No, it wasn't anything like that hornet. Different shape, less of a waist, and it didn't have those dot-type markings on the stripes. It had unbroken wide bands in shades of brown and amber. It was more of a bee shape than a wasp shape, rather like a whacking great andrena bee. I measured it against my thumb - as well as I could without annoying it more - and have now looked at my thumb against a ruler. This bee was close to 2". I am wondering if it was a non-native bee come over in the heat wave.

I'm kicking myself for not taking notes on it, but when you have an angry giant bee and an excited pointery fing trying to retrieve it, it's safety first.

Exciting event number 2: inspired by the heat, Big Margie has just laid an egg! This snail was one of 2 babies which KathyM sent me. The other one never really did well, don't know why. It was slower growing and before long shuffled off :unsure: So if my margie has mated with anything it must have been a fulica or a fulica x albopicta cos I had several of those, v cute with pink tips to their shells :wub: In theory a fulica can't breed with a marginata, but in practice I know it has happened. A margie belonging to a lady in Scotland had a few babies which were crosses with fulica. I'm very inclined to see if I can hatch this egg and see what it produces, if anything. I'm down to the margie and 3 dwarf fulica who never grew much, so hardly getting overrun.

Hi Rachel, nice to see you here :wavey:

Possibly a non-native...will have a look and see what else it could be.

If you want some more snails give me a shout if you're not overrun - got some beautiful A.immaculata... :wink:

Possibly a non-native...will have a look and see what else it could be.

If you want some more snails give me a shout if you're not overrun - got some beautiful A.immaculata... :wink:

Ooooo :wub:

Will have a think about that.