UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister, Loo on here, has had to say goodbye to Misty this afternoon, Misty was mums dog who went to live with Lynne when she died so a double wham today. Big Hugs to you Loo, and thank you for looking after Misty so well :mecry:

I am so sorry. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Ange, I'm sure that M-M will be fine. But if you keep worrying she will pick up on it and wonder what is wrong. Easy for me to say and not easy for you to stop worrying. :GroupHug:

quote name='purple_mog' date='Jul 1 2009, 09:06 AM' post='851286'

and I am off to the doc again this morning to see what she can offer me....am on anti-depressants and will be for about another year which is fine. BUT they upset my tummy something nasty so I have reflux, indigestion etc after every meal and most snacks. Can also feel pretty queasy in the mornings. Was getting by using lots and lots of bisodol but now I'm training more its making life miserable. I'd rather not take anymore tablets but will seewhat she can suggest

:GroupHug:

RM :mecry: F. 3 Today is the day my brother has his Dane PTS. Poor Teddydogs back end has completely gone and pain meds are not working anymore. But he has had a couple of days being spoilt rotten before he goes to the bridge. :mecry:

:GroupHug:

can i thank you all for the good wishes for Dad. His blood tests showed his cancer count came down from a very high 15.6 to 1.2 so he is responding to the treatment so far. He can now relax for 3 months till the next set of tests. I am thinking its a bit early to break out the vodka though

Glad the news was good :flowers:

Mummy Owlbloke is now home :) with instructions to rest as much as poss.

We don't know about Mummy Owl until after the bronchioscopy this afternoon. She has spoken to us all on the phone and it's obvious to us that she has become fairly confused, which worries us. The hospital staff don't seem to realise how confused she is :unsure: but of course they don't know her so well.

:flowers: For Mummy Owlbloke and :GroupHug: for Mummy owl.

I've just made the appointment for M-M's spay. I know it has to be done but I feel horrid. I'm already god knows how I'm going to be on the day. Thankfully she is oblivious at least.

It is a worrying time :GroupHug:

omeprazole is a god, I couldnt live without it, really.

talking of speys, shadow might need an xray, it will cost £180

I take that too, it's good stuff. :flowers:

Hope Shadow is ok

:flowers: China

:GroupHug: For Loo and Misty.

Well it's been a bit of a worrying week again, but the car has another noo thermostat. Downside is the gauge is still playing silly beggars, so is probably and electrical fault. I have been assured that when the dial goes crazy it is not hot and even took the car to the garage at lunchtime for them to check again. it's booked in for next Monday, but in the meantime should be ok for us to go to the OC camping weekend as planned!

Spike has been a lot more frail since coming home with a bit of an upset tum. He has been very affected by the heat and last night he had my fan on him and cool wet towels to keep him comfy.

Both dogs have been at the vets tonight, both have their medications and are all set. Cherry will have to be booked in for an X-ray on her hips when we come back and Spike's to have some geriatric blood tests.

Final RMF: I got a full refund from Homeserve, of both my premium and the money paid for the plumber, as well as a tiny bit on top for my inconvenience. They haven't cancelled my policy and have assured me that if I ever need them there will not be a re-occurrence of my previous treatment. Don't think I believe them. :laugh:

My sister, Loo on here, has had to say goodbye to Misty this afternoon, Misty was mums dog who went to live with Lynne when she died so a double wham today. Big Hugs to you Loo, and thank you for looking after Misty so well :mecry:

So sorry :( :GroupHug: Run free Misty :GroupHug:

Thanks everyone :flowers: Thanks Sam and Di for sharing your experiences too as it's reassuring to hear from people who have "seen" lots of spays. I've read quite a few first hand accounts of complications from spays which hasn't helped my worries so it's good to hear of how many are straight forward too :flowers:

She's got her pre-op check in just over a week and she'll have the blood test check thingie on the day - which I know isn't essential for a young dog but I'm doing it anyway. I shall be giving her arnica before and after and someone can be with her all the time after the op so we can keep an eye on her and the stitches etc. I'm soooo looking forward to taking her for her first after-spay run (her running, not me :laugh: )

Ange, I'm sure that M-M will be fine. But if you keep worrying she will pick up on it and wonder what is wrong. Easy for me to say and not easy for you to stop worrying. :GroupHug:

Don't worry, she isn't :) Sno is very good (or bad!) at picking up on my worries, but the others don't really - I've been very stressed at times over the last few months and the others are oblivious :) The first M-M will know there's something up is when I walk away from her at the vets. Something I'm dreading :( Hope the vets have ear plugs.

Run free Teddydog and Misty :GroupHug: and sympathies to their people.

Mummy Owl is back on the ward and is OK. Staff nurse told me the procedure was successful but can't tell me whether or not the consultant found out what is wrong, or if so, what it is. So am none the wiser and will have to wait until sister and aunt arrive there tomorrow and can find out from medical staff.

It's 23 in my bedroom, with windows open and a good breeze blowing straight through the house. None of us are very keen on it except the giant snails who are revelling in it and dashing about.

Send some rain this way, you lot oop north :wink:

Well done with Homeserve, Marge :wink:

ooo that was a bloody great thump upstairs, the dogs are in the garden :unsure:

now then you all knowing and mindreading fugees ...

you know I didnt tell you I was planning to go shopping ... :rolleyes:

well do you think you could have said

jazz do not look under lissies coat and pull out all the knots upside down

Im now too shattered to go food shopping, for me, so ill go tomorrow night ...

remember I said that ...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks everyone :flowers: Thanks Sam and Di for sharing your experiences too as it's reassuring to hear from people who have "seen" lots of spays. I've read quite a few first hand accounts of complications from spays which hasn't helped my worries so it's good to hear of how many are straight forward too :flowers:

She's got her pre-op check in just over a week and she'll have the blood test check thingie on the day - which I know isn't essential for a young dog but I'm doing it anyway. I shall be giving her arnica before and after and someone can be with her all the time after the op so we can keep an eye on her and the stitches etc. I'm soooo looking forward to taking her for her first after-spay run (her running, not me :laugh: )

Patience Basset was spayed 3 months ago.She was dropped off at 09.30 and home at 12.30 because she was so vocal.She was unsettled that day but back to normal bouncey dog next day.

She only had 2 stitches in total and never bothered them at all.

Are you ok Jazz?

Patience Basset was spayed 3 months ago.She was dropped off at 09.30 and home at 12.30 because she was so vocal.She was unsettled that day but back to normal bouncey dog next day.

She only had 2 stitches in total and never bothered them at all.

Fab :flowers: I am wondering if I will get a call saying can you come and get your little girl please as she keeps asking for her mummy?! (yes I know she's a dog :wink: but she's also my baby :wub: )

My back still hurts and got pulled again when I had to grab Sno and stop him going into a corner. Blimmin flies :mad:

:GroupHug: jazz and anyone else i've forgotten.

:GroupHug: mummyowl and owl

:GroupHug: redrotties and Loo

When Izzie was speyed i got a medical pet shirt from the vets as she went mad and panicked when they put a buster collar on her. The only downside to the shirt is having to undo the bum velcro so they can pee otherwise it was great.

http://www.medicalpetshirts.com/pages/44uk...cteristics.html

Edited by collies r best

When Izzie was speyed i got a medical pet shirt from the vets as she went mad and panicked when they put a buster collar on her. The only downside to the shirt is having to undo the bum velcro so they can pee otherwise it was great.

http://www.medicalpetshirts.com/pages/44uk...cteristics.html

Never heard of things like that :wacko:

Patience never bothered with her stitches at all. :)

Those petshirts look brill. Unlike the buster collar, they can't be used as a weapon to clout fellow pets with.

I just heard a strange noise from the spare bedroom and went to investigate. It sounded like a small electric drill. I had visions of Petal with goggles and ickle tiny power tools, busy souping up her wheel. But no, it was the biggest bee/wasp I have ever seen in my life, and a species I've never seen before. It was not furry like a bumble, it was more like a giant mining bee, neatly striped in shades of brown and dark gold. It's body was about an inch and a half long, maybe a tad more. I used the curtain to guide it through the open window and away it went. I would have liked to take a longer look, but bee was unhappy and cross and not very pleased to see me so I thought better of it. Going to have a search to see if I can ID it. Do we have any entomologists on board?