July R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugs for pre op worried Mums :GroupHug:

Molly is going in soon as well Ange, you have my sympathy :GroupHug:

I read that as if Cheryl Bejo wrote it and was getting ready to panic at the thought of her Molly getting speyed :rolleyes: :unsure: :laugh:

Ive not caught right up, but :elefant: for Helly's Dad

Thinking of your dad today Di :GroupHug:

I made page 1 :elefant:

If anyone is suffering in the heat come to Scotland! It's warm here but not a hint of scorching sunny weather found elsewhere :dry:

Speak for yourself. We are far up north and have had temperatures in the mid - high 20C for the last week. Today it is a cool 21C.

Ange and Cheryl - China was speyed a couple of weeks ago.... was really worried as she has a grade 3 heart murmur but she sailed through the op.... bit dopey and wanted to leave home that night (standing by the gate along side slightly-forgetful-these-days-Toastie) and did keep rushing out to runny poo in the garden (she was given loads of fluids during op to be sure ok) but the next morning she was fine - quieter than normal but then in the afternoon back to "let's play sumo" and the difficulty was trying to keep her calm for 10 days! Poor old Bo - her chief sumo partner - was brilliant as I told him she was not to play rough and a couple of times I caught her standing with her front legs on his back and chewing his neck while he just stood looking miserable.

Oooer. Do you ever hear a peice of music or song and get whooshed back in time? I have just dissolved in tears at Cat Stevens-Morning has broken. Can't think of anything in particular, good or bad that it taskes me back to, but it does :wacko:

Am now seeking out other "memory" songs.

Currently I am listening to George Harrison-My Sweet Lord. I LOVE that song [and yes I am very old :laugh: ]

I was at the Beatles first Christmas show at the Finsbury Park Astoria in 1965 - their hit song then was "I want to hold your hand" - how very innocent compared to today!! I am v v old!

can i thank you all for the good wishes for Dad. His blood tests showed his cancer count came down from a very high 15.6 to 1.2 so he is responding to the treatment so far. He can now relax for 3 months till the next set of tests. I am thinking its a bit early to break out the vodka though :unsure:

:partytime: maybe not the straight vodka, but WKD should be a suitable celebratory drink :laugh:

Mog-at-the-doc update: after a wee chat with my lovely lovely GP she's decided to start me on omeprazole which should decrease the amount of acid in my tummy. She was a bit :unsure: when I mentioned eating a vegan diet but seemed ok once I explained all the calculations I've done to make sure my nutrition is ok what with the extra exercise etc. I do :wub: my GP (in a strictly professional sense!)

Brilliant new Di, get a drink girl!!

Now thinking good thoughts for owls mum may your news be as good :GroupHug:

Thank you. She will be in surgery now and I am wibbling like a wibbling thing :unsure: Will ring the ward in a couple of hours to check she is OK, but I don't know when they will tell me anything about the results. My sis and my auntie are going up tomorrow to stay for a couple of days so hope fully they will get some sense out of someone.

Ange, I felt a bit odd taking Wispa in for spay as she was the first of my girls who didn't have an emergency op. But the only problem was stopping her from leaping about too much over the following few days.

Thinking of your mum Phebe :GroupHug:

I can imagine it was rather hard trying to keep Wispa calm!

why do you feel Horrid Ange ?

Because she's a young healthy dog and I'm taking her in for a major (IMO) operation when there's nothing wrong with her :( Don't get me wrong, I am very much pro-neutering, I know the benefits to her, I wouldn't want to have to keep her in eight weeks a year for her seasons, all my own dogs have been neutered and I would have her spayed even if she hadn't been from rescue. Just none of that makes me feel any better right now :(

a female spay is a slightly longer op than a male sterilization but its not a complicated operation ( well not compared to a lot to lot of things vets do ) and its about 15 minutes of surgery. With the fantastic range of anesthesia available in the UK Minnie will be coming round fairly quickly post op and will probally even have a meal before you collect her

canine pain relief available in the UK is excellent and Minnie will have pain relief shots with her pre meds so there is a continuous coverage

The harder part is trying to keep them calm post op and away from the sutures

:flowers:

Thanks :flowers: I am very much looking forward to the trying to keep her calm part, I really am :) (you can remind me I said that when I'm cursing!). I am wary of them having *too* much in the way of pain relief though when they need to stay calm though, as I can't sit her down and explain what's happened and that she needs to chill. I forsee several nights of us both kipping on the sofa :wub:

Let us know when Molly (dog!) is going in Cheryl and we'll send her good thoughts :flowers:

Thanks for the hugs etc and sorry for being such a worried mum. I will be doing more worrying though :blush:

I read that as if Cheryl Bejo wrote it and was getting ready to panic at the thought of her Molly getting speyed :rolleyes: :unsure: :laugh:

:ohmy: :laugh: :laugh:

Very glad China came through her op ok :flowers: Reassuring to know that she was back to wanting to play so quickly too.

I have pulled my back - and it hurts :( Sno was freaking out over a fly and trying to get himself into a corner (where he has already pulled the modem down twice :rolleyes: ) so I picked him up to move him and felt my back go. Ouch. Am going to try resting and Reiki shortly I think. Sno's currently upstairs with Rob so I can have a break, he gets quite wearing when he freaks out. Sno got under the airer in the bathroom this morning and then tried to dig his way under the bathroom sink. I wish we could fly-proof the house but the fly paper we had last year did a better job of trapping moths and spiders :(

omeprazole is a god, I couldnt live without it, really.

talking of speys, shadow might need an xray, it will cost £180 :ohmy: its cheaper to be speyed! I know its an anesthetic, but a couple of xrays and bring her round

sorry, I hope your back is better ange xxxx