UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

omeprazole is a god, I couldnt live without it, really.

talking of speys, shadow might need an xray, it will cost £180 :ohmy: its cheaper to be speyed! I know its an anesthetic, but a couple of xrays and bring her round

sorry, I hope your back is better ange xxxx

That's cheaper than M-M's spay! Hope Shadow is ok :GroupHug:

Thank you both :flowers:

My back is still hurting. Have been lying down and doing Reiki and going to go and do more. I'm not good at resting :rolleyes: Sno's in his crate for some relaxation to save me having to haul him out of silly places and hurt my back further.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon all :) Hugs and yays for those who would like them - not caught up yet.

RMF - Was sat outside in garden but was getting paranoid that HRH was too hot. There is a paddling pool, pop up shade thing and a bone. He was chewing the bone in the sun. I poked him into the shade, then we played in the pool for a bit, then he went back into the sun so we've come indoors til it gets a bit cooler. He is sopping wet though and I *think* he is on my bed.....

Just checked and the little sod is having a darn good roach all over me sheets... :hmmph:

Because she's a young healthy dog and I'm taking her in for a major (IMO) operation when there's nothing wrong with her :( Don't get me wrong, I am very much pro-neutering, I know the benefits to her, I wouldn't want to have to keep her in eight weeks a year for her seasons, all my own dogs have been neutered and I would have her spayed even if she hadn't been from rescue. Just none of that makes me feel any better right now :(

can you speak with your vet or one of the nursing team , I am sure they can explain the operation far better than me and hopefully make you feel a little better

Will someone please explain to Bo that chocolate is very bad for doglets......

Opened a bag of Revels and had one .... neighbour came to door, left bag on desk without thinking, she laughed at Bo standing on desk to see out at her, came back in and he had eaten the rest of the bag of revels while watching her.

I am wary of them having *too* much in the way of pain relief though when they need to stay calm though, as I can't sit her down and explain what's happened and that she needs to chill. I forsee several nights of us both kipping on the sofa :wub:

I don't think UK post op dogs get too much pain relief just a nice steady coverage that keeps the dog comfortable, depending on what your vet uses Minnie will have a injection of something like Rimadyl or Metacam along with a pre med and then depending on the dose you may be offered tablets for the first few days

even after a day most UK dogs are up and about pretty much doing normal stuff ( actually in Sri Lanka its not that differant ) keeping the wound clean ( no rolling in sand as we struggle with ) and dry and stopping the dog worrying the stutures is the main area for an owner I think

we have also found that dogs that have more pain relief are less likely to bother the sutures but some dogs do regardless hence buster collars ( and I have never found a dog that likes them :( )

Ange I know its worrying, but having watched so many of our RGT greyhounds trot out in the morning and trot back in the evening I realised it wasnt quite as worrying as I feared. They very often just come back with a couple of days worth of pain releif, and sometimes, if it was a quick in and out ( the average spay being about 15 mins) and a small cut, they tell us to just give them a bit of metacam if they are worrying the stitches. By the next day its us worrying how we keep a boingy greyhound quiet as they dont seem to realise they just had an op.

My sister, Loo on here, has had to say goodbye to Misty this afternoon, Misty was mums dog who went to live with Lynne when she died so a double wham today. Big Hugs to you Loo, and thank you for looking after Misty so well :mecry:

:GroupHug: sleep tight Misty. so sorry Loo

we have just had a deluge and a thunderstorm like no other :ohmy: all the houses at the street at the bottom of ours have flooded and the road is about 12 inches under water i was at the other side of the garden when it started i ran in at it looked like someone had thrown a bucket of water over me

we have just had a deluge and a thunderstorm like no other :ohmy: all the houses at the street at the bottom of ours have flooded and the road is about 12 inches under water i was at the other side of the garden when it started i ran in at it looked like someone had thrown a bucket of water over me

we had that about an hour ago... i told it to piss off to manchester :laugh: looks like it veered left a little on the way :unsure: