UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

PhoebeJo, don't want to frighten you, but it was saying in the paper today that the symptoms of swine flu in young children are easily confused with the ones for meningitis...if she has a temp, is drowsy, her skin is very pale or mottled looking and her joints hurt it could just as easily be meningitis, don't delay calling the doctor please.

Our local paper has a story of an 18 year old girl who had a bad head, temp etc, doctor came out and gave her Tamiflu but she still felt awful, went to hospital who sent her home where she collapsed, dad rushed her back and she has meningitis.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, spoke to the doctor and he said it sounds like it. Because of Alans heart condition they want him to take Tamiflu too just incase. Poor Georgia is as white as a sheet and has so far refused to eat anything today. Everyone else is fine though. The doctor says to keep Georgia in for seven days but everyone else can come and go so long as they don't have symptoms. Damn, I was hoping he'd say I shouldn't go to work this weekend :laugh:

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for Georgia - hope she's feeling better soon and nobody else in your family gets it Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Hope little Tinchy is doing well today wub.gif

Billy - sory to hear about job, but I'm sure something else will come up for you. Well done to you and Kiera on the agility! It's very addictive laugh.gif

Abby - glad EH visit was ok if stressful - hope you are feeling less bleugh today Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Also hoping that the gorgeous Dylan's leg is better today

It's really quite chilly here this morning huh.gif

I've loads to do but none of it I actually want to do

the traditional Miley family present of a large Galaxy bar with a £5 note sellotaped to it

That is a damned fine present (although I'd prefer CDM to Galaxy).

Bugger bugger bugger - took dogs on a different walk today - some woody bits and long grass. Had Como's Dogmatic in my pocket and it's fallen out and got lost.

Morning :wavey:

Dylan is a bit better today, still hobbling, but not wuite so badly and he seems more chipper, so I'm leaving the vets for now. Lots of arnica - anything else I can give him for what I'm pretty sure is a sprain? No walks for the weekend at least either, which will be very unpopular :rolleyes:

I yam still in me pjs!

Hope Georgia feels better soon :GroupHug:

I did dog walk with both girls this morning but after that my legs turned to jelly. I don't feel too bad until I try to do something. Don't think it's swine flu though, more like an ordinary 48 hr flu.

Hope Georgia feels better soon :GroupHug:

I did dog walk with both girls this morning but after that my legs turned to jelly. I don't feel too bad until I try to do something. Don't think it's swine flu though, more like an ordinary 48 hr flu.

I think Georgia has Swine Flu :( I've phoned the national helpline and spoke to a young lad who I assume is in the first day of this new job because he was kind of learning as he went along reading his script and pressing this button and that button. His computer says she has got Swine Flu (she's got a high temperature, cold, drowsiness, she says her chest hurts and she's got the trots this morning) and that there is nowhere in Oxfordshire I can collect Tamiflu from but I can get it in Swindon. He found it hard to believe there was nowhere in Oxfordshire but if the computer says no there's not much more he can do :rolleyes: Computer also says to contact our GP so I'm now waiting for her to phone back.

Friend of mine in Bristol has got it, and rang the helpline: she was told that they couldn't find Bristol "are you sure it's in the South West?" , and gave her an address in Gloucester to send a friend to get Tamiflu! Gloucester is hardly handy for Bristol, so she's just gone back to bed with Lemsip poor girl.

I hope Georgia's GP is more use and that she feels better soon.

(Thanks Ange, I am better now, but I don't think I had the same thing anyway, I had no runny nose or stomach symptoms, so probably some other bug.)

RMF I am not having any problems with the new forum but am finding it strange.I like the status update thingy.I think in status updates these days lol

I find I do that! I can't decide if it's healthy or weird to sum up your life in 140 character snippets in your head...