UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

Ooh Alex, very lovely bedding :flowers:

I can smell the special 'freshly laundered new bedding' smell from here. If it was my bed I would be thinking about getting a cup of tea and my book and climbing in already :laugh:

Glad Sophie is OK :flowers:

:GroupHug: Wendy

I forgot to leave the cheque for my lovely dogwalker today, I am mortified :ohmy:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for all the good thoughts for Sophie :flowers:

The vet phoned after the x-ray to say that it was inconclusive as to whether it was stones or tumours. Additionally, there was something wrong with her gut - it was distended on the x-ray and had suspicous looking lumps in it :( We decided to open her up so the vet could have a proper look at what was going on - this afternoon has been rather worriful :(

The vet just phoned to say they have removed two massive stones from Sophie's bladder. They were adhered to the bladder wall, which is why they appeared to be tumours. She has also been eating stones (the other sort), which is what was showing up in her intestines. She needs to stay overnight for monitoring, but should be back home tomorrow :biggrin:

Very glad they were stones! Hope tonight whizzes by and she's back home very soon :GroupHug:

I've hit a problem in work and I can't work out how to get around it. It ain't happened before and I think someone has tweaked the accounts system.

:unsure: Hope you're ok.

Suzeanna :GroupHug: Have you looked into Synflex? Is it worth giving that a try?

Just typed and deleted a rant about dog owners that don't understand how stressful it can be to have a dog that is grumpy with other dogs and how a little bit of understanding would make so much difference. I half wish every dog owner could have a grumpy dog for a day or so and see how it feels to have dogs running over - but then I wouldn't want to put those dogs in their hands. Thank goodness for the lovely people who understand and are really nice about it. It's always the ones who can't control their own dogs that get p*ssy I find.

Well that was a rant but a lot shorter than the first one :laugh:

I can't use my emoticons for some reason - probably caches and cookies but it is all beyond me!! *rolleyes*

It's beyond me too. My reasoning is: "caches" - a form of storage; "cookies" - another word for biscuits. Therefore it must be a biscuit tin or biscuit barrel so if this is what is stopping the board from working, does it mean there's biccy crumbs in the system? :unsure:

So glad to hear the news about Sophie. Hope she soon feels a lot better now that she is minus the assorted rubble! Must have been most uncomfortable.

Yes, I have the flu. Swollen glands, sore throat, feverishness and nausea. I can do well-wrapped-up dog walks and feed us all and that's the lot. Have honey and ginger and fruit and several library books so will just sit it out. I don't know if it's swine flu or any old flu. Or Owl Flu. It's not as bad as usual flu so I suspect it mat be the piggy variety.

Mummy Owl is improving every day now she is completely off statins. She is eating well - and can now remember that she has eaten. She's almost back to normal mentally and getting stronger and walking more each day.

Hope you feel better soon Owl, good news about your mum :flowers:

Lots of good thoughts for all poorly fugees tonight. :GroupHug:

Lovely bedding Alex and lovely doggy pic :wub:

glad Sophie is going to be ok. :wub:

I have been getting stuff ready for the Cov greyhound group camping weekend. There is a birthday theme, so should be fun for everyone. :party:

I am a very sad person because I am so excited that my seed potatoes were delivered today. Can't wait to get planting!! :biggrin: :spudnikhardhat:

Evening. Glad to hear that Sophie will be okay :wub:

Just typed and deleted a rant about dog owners that don't understand how stressful it can be to have a dog that is grumpy with other dogs and how a little bit of understanding would make so much difference. I half wish every dog owner could have a grumpy dog for a day or so and see how it feels to have dogs running over - but then I wouldn't want to put those dogs in their hands. Thank goodness for the lovely people who understand and are really nice about it. It's always the ones who can't control their own dogs that get p*ssy I find.

Well that was a rant but a lot shorter than the first one :laugh:

Oooooh yes, I know about that one! Sparks is getting better and better, but he's still not 'bomb proof', and Kiera turns just that little bit less tolerant when Sparks is about , so I do my best to have both onlead and sat when another dog is approaching. The amount of people that do not get the hint and let their dog not just run up to but even climb over mine is just astounding! :ohmy: And it's always the same: "oh s/he's alright with dogs". Aaaaaarrgghh! That's not the point, you ....!

On the other hand I've met an awful lot of people lately who were actually really good and working with their dogs, as well as people who commented on how well behaved Sparky and Kiera are :smug-1:

So glad to hear the news about Sophie. Hope she soon feels a lot better now that she is minus the assorted rubble! Must have been most uncomfortable.

Yes, I have the flu. Swollen glands, sore throat, feverishness and nausea. I can do well-wrapped-up dog walks and feed us all and that's the lot. Have honey and ginger and fruit and several library books so will just sit it out. I don't know if it's swine flu or any old flu. Or Owl Flu. It's not as bad as usual flu so I suspect it mat be the piggy variety.

Mummy Owl is improving every day now she is completely off statins. She is eating well - and can now remember that she has eaten. She's almost back to normal mentally and getting stronger and walking more each day.

Oh dear! Hope you'll feel better soon Owl :flowers: Great news about Mummy Owl though! :)

RMF: Tomorrow is "judgement day": we'll be having another meeting where we'll be told which department will shut when. It's sure that I will lose my job, but it can be any time between the end of this and the end of next year, so I'm keeping fingers crossed for the end of next year. The longer I can stay in work during this recession the better, and although this isn't the most exciting job I've ever had in my life, I do really like my colleagues. After the meeting we'll be having a 'bring and share' team lunch, just to mull things over and support each other. That's the kind of team I'm in and I do really appreciate that.

RMF: Tomorrow is "judgement day": we'll be having another meeting where we'll be told which department will shut when. It's sure that I will lose my job, but it can be any time between the end of this and the end of next year, so I'm keeping fingers crossed for the end of next year. The longer I can stay in work during this recession the better, and although this isn't the most exciting job I've ever had in my life, I do really like my colleagues. After the meeting we'll be having a 'bring and share' team lunch, just to mull things over and support each other. That's the kind of team I'm in and I do really appreciate that.

Good luck for tomorrow :GroupHug: :flowers:

I got home from work and found that Tinchy Stryder piggie had made it through the day but he was very weak so I hand fed him some diluted evapourated milk and he perked up a bit - however as he (or she) is so small and wobbly he's just getting bowled over and squashed. At the moment his back legs seem a little wonky so I've decided to take him away from the rest - after all 5 babies is more than enough for mum - and I'll see if I can get him a bit stronger and have moved him into a little spare hammie cage with lots of warm bedding. I'll have to sneak him into work tomorrow for feeds. Please keep your fingers crossed for little Tinchy and the rest of the piggies.

Owl I hope you get better soon :flowers: and a big :GroupHug: for Sophie

Hope it works out ok for you Billy :GroupHug:

Thankfully (touch wood) I've not had any horrible encounters with Scoobs and other dogs outside. I shout from miles away that he doesn't do other dogs and to steer clear but do tend to end up diverting where I'm walking. I'm lucky in that there is loads of opportunity round here to duck and dive where I'm going to try and avoid. My one big fear is loose dog without owner suddenly turning up. Other owners think it's funny cos he's little and cute but I've been on the receiving end of his teeth and there is nothing cute about them. There is one dog he goes absolutely ape about. A dear little Papillon who has outlived several of our dogs so must be getting on. His owner has hysterics at the performances out of Scooby. It's quite shameful really :laugh: If he could see himself it does nothing for his street cred. He makes all sorts of weird noises when he sees him.

Marge - I'm looking forward to seeing your pics already. Sounds like you're in for a brilliant weekend.

Owl - I'm sorry you've got the flu. Hope you manage ok as it's not good being on your own and poorly like that. Pleased to hear mummy owl is doing a lot better. :GroupHug:

Can't believe I'm about to have an IT techy kind of conversation cos I ain't at all IT orientated. The cache thing I think means your computer is storing old information so it's using that when you log into the forum. If you clear that out then the forum may well look different and be a whole lot better when you log in again. You should clear your cookies down regularly anyway as your computer remembers things you look at on the internet. So for example photos you've looked at while having a nosey around forums are stored on your computer. I get rid of my cookies by going into - Tools, internet options, Temporary internet files, delete files. Obviously if you're not sure don't go pressing delete on stuff. Eek.

I've been scratching my bonce and think I've twigged what the problem is on the system at work and how I can fix it. Hope so otherwise it's going to drive me round the bend.

Evening :wavey:

I yam a good girl. I have eaten two big bowls of scrumtious homemade soup, which is good after two days of not eating properly at all (bad Abby).

Sorry to hear Owlyone is poorly. Look after yourself :GroupHug:

Haven't figured much else out yet. Dylan was very good on the steam train and Clive positively loved it :rolleyes: Spent the whole return journey sat on OH's knee with his chin on the window sill, eyebrows waving in the wind :laugh: