UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bean soup hasn't affected my keyboard at all. In fact I think it dislodged an old crisp lurking behind the C key. Its now working luffley.

Has anyoe every been on a Flabelos machine? If you haven't you should try it [but don't look at your wobbly bits wobbling, its nasty]

Yes, i have been going to 'wobble' classes for a few weeks. :biggrin: And they do 'wobble' everything!

Glad that Sophies problem was stones and has been dealt with. :GroupHug:

Ange, with you on that one. Its no fun having a dog that isnt 'the life and soul of the party' when other dog owners dont show consideration. :GroupHug:

Billy, hope you dont get any bad news tomorrow. I know what you mean about working with a good team. It makes all the difference. :flowers:

Only two more days until the weekend. :rolleyes:

Can't believe I'm about to have an IT techy kind of conversation cos I ain't at all IT orientated. The cache thing I think means your computer is storing old information so it's using that when you log into the forum. If you clear that out then the forum may well look different and be a whole lot better when you log in again. You should clear your cookies down regularly anyway as your computer remembers things you look at on the internet. So for example photos you've looked at while having a nosey around forums are stored on your computer. I get rid of my cookies by going into - Tools, internet options, Temporary internet files, delete files. Obviously if you're not sure don't go pressing delete on stuff. Eek.

I've been scratching my bonce and think I've twigged what the problem is on the system at work and how I can fix it. Hope so otherwise it's going to drive me round the bend.

Thank you, Michelle for a wonderfully clear explanation. I think I know what to do re cookies now.

Sending good thoughts for the little piggies, especially littlest piggie :GroupHug:

Have fun at the seaside Cheryl :)

RMF: Tomorrow is "judgement day": we'll be having another meeting where we'll be told which department will shut when. It's sure that I will lose my job, but it can be any time between the end of this and the end of next year, so I'm keeping fingers crossed for the end of next year. The longer I can stay in work during this recession the better, and although this isn't the most exciting job I've ever had in my life, I do really like my colleagues. After the meeting we'll be having a 'bring and share' team lunch, just to mull things over and support each other. That's the kind of team I'm in and I do really appreciate that.

Really hoping that your job is safe until the end of next year and that you can all enjoy your department lunch - nice colleagues make such a difference don't they :flowers:

Yes the "alright with dogs" thing is hugely annoying. Especially when said dog is boinging all over a road and ending up in your front garden (our old house) :rolleyes: Although one owner wasn't overly helpful, the others we met were fantastic. When we got back to the car there were about 30+ children with a few adults in front of it on a school trip and there were a couple of on-lead dogs in attendance too. I was hugely grateful for Max not barking at the two dogs at that point. Thankfully he loves people!

My one big fear is loose dog without owner suddenly turning up.

Yes, that's a big part of what caused Max's issues in the first place - that and owners being present but having no control over their dog who runs up to have a good go at him while he's on lead.

Ange, with you on that one. Its no fun having a dog that isnt 'the life and soul of the party' when other dog owners dont show consideration. :GroupHug:

Max is totally life and soul of the party, which I love about him - but it's his party and he'd rather unknown dogs didn't turn up, thanks very much :laugh:

Anyone here going to Helen Teg's show on Sunday? Oldies Club is one of the charities to benefit and there are stalls selling sweets and ice cream (and cards :wink: ).

Morning :tired: It's twirly and I've been awake since 3am. Watched BB live feed for a while, then tried to get back to sleep but gave up in the end.

Alex..I love your bedding, but do you have non moulting dogs? with my cav and OH's lurcher on the bed, if I tried that colour it would be lost under a welter of black and white hair!

Unfortunately I don't have non-moulting dogs and my bedding does end up covered in hair :rolleyes: In winter I put a fleece blanket over the top but tis too hot in summer.

Ooh Alex, very lovely bedding

I can smell the special 'freshly laundered new bedding' smell from here. If it was my bed I would be thinking about getting a cup of tea and my book and climbing in already

I must admit I was counting down the hours until bedtime and I held on until 8.45 pm before I gave in :laugh: It has a luffly feel against your skin :wub: I went back on the Debenhams website to order a couple of continental pillow cases, but they had to cancel my order cos they were completely out of stock on all the Supima bedding and weren't getting any more in, so lucky I ordered it when I did.

Owl - Really pleased to hear Mummy Owl is doing so well but sorry to hear you have piggy flu. Do you have any paracetamol? I find it really helps when I have those sorts of symptoms. I hope you feel better soon :GroupHug:

I am a very sad person because I am so excited that my seed potatoes were delivered today. Can't wait to get planting!! :biggrin:

How exciting :pinkie:

Billy - Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you :flowers: I am in a similar situation in that part of our company is being sold off and we are all waiting to hear what's happening. We should know within the next month so I could be redundant in the very near future :unsure:

I'll have to sneak him into work tomorrow for feeds. Please keep your fingers crossed for little Tinchy and the rest of the piggies.

Keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed for ickle Tinchy :wub:

Morning :wavey:

Missed loads yesterday as work is still running ie6 and it crashed everytime I tried to read a thread :dry: , so what I did manage to catch up with...

Owl, take care of yourself :GroupHug:

:flowers: for Sophie, hope she is feeling better today

:GroupHug: and reiki for little Tinchy. I do love piggies. Good luck MummyMarian on taking care of him

Everything x'd for Alex and Billy about work.

My car is poorly so will be off to the garage in a bit to see if its safe to drive as they can't fit it in til next week :(

I'm working again this morning so will catch up later... if you dont talk too much :laugh:

:GroupHug: Owl - hope you are feeling better soon.

Good luck today Billy :flowers:

Glad to hear Tinchy seems to be doing ok :wub:

I am counting down the minutes until I can phone the vet and check up on how Sophie did last night...

Two more days of work then we are off on our holidays :)