UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

While I'm at it with the cat pics, here's one of Mia snoozing in the living room :wub:

SDC10274.jpg

I made a conscious decision recently to try and integrate her more with the dogs so she doesn't spend so much time on her own as she used to spend all her time on top of the fridge freezer in the kitchen. It hasn't taken long at all and both her and Lily will now happily mingle with the dogs in the house and in the garden (the dogs used to chase the cats if they were in the garden but with a bit of training on both sides they will now mingle quite happily).

This has made such a huge difference to Lily's life as she never ventures out of the garden. She used to just like being in the house and if I ever took her outside she'd get scared and run back in, then I put the cat flap in the gradually she started venturing out on her own and now she absolutely loves being in the garden and as she can now mingle with the dogs in the garden, she can be out there whenever she likes :wub:

Mia now prefers to be in the living room with me and the dogs and usually sits by the french doors waiting for me to let her highness in :wub:

Edited by merledogs

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get better soon, Ms Merle and Jazz :GroupHug:

nice cat pics :wub_anim:

We got up far twirly, managed to rest a bit more then went up the mountain for an hour. No one else there except the 3 ponies, the cuckoo and a brace of pheasants who were having a lie-in until they were rudely awakened. Everything seems very quiet in the village today.

Have you tried the Linda McCartney pies? No idea how they compare to FB as I haven't had those but the LM ones are really nice - Rob loves them and he is a meat eater.

Yes, I love them. Havent had them for a while though due to trying to lose weight. Pastry is something I have cut out. Maybe I should forget the wine too :laugh:

Kazz, Why aren't you allowed pineapple? Is it cos of your meds? I know a guy at work can't have grapefruit. :unsure:

I'm having vegetable lasagne tonight. Yum. Apparently some time soon.

Yummy!

Cheryl, I know I shouldnt laugh but call it Georgias first science experiment. :laugh: I do hope it hasnt caused too much damage. :GroupHug:

I love the Veggie pies Sainsburys and Tescos do. :D Shall be bring some down in June Phebe :D

Ooooh wich tesco veggie pies?

Sarahchook, Phebe and Fi :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Britains got talent was brilliant last night, had me in stitches. I loved Greg and Shaun :biggrin: though Greg was a tad weird.

Alex, I hope you fel better soon. :GroupHug:

Laura, good news about the van. What model is it and where did you find it? Ex police vans sound interesting! :)

For those craving pudding, if I havent got anything in, I make pancakes. :)

I am having marmite on toast then going out going out with my camera before it rains. :rolleyes: Saffy is giving me longing looks. Daddy doesnt make them toast like I do. :laugh:

I've been out for a run and am pleased cause I got further so must be building my stamina up. Still not going very far but it's a start.

Martyn got a bicycle on Friday and is like a kid with a new toy. He's just gone out on it. I'm sticking to running for a bit before I start going out on mine cos I think it will be more helpful to the old body more at the moment.

Murtle I hope you're watering your plants still.

My lasagne turned out not to be a vegetable one but a vegetarian "mince" one which disagreed with me. I can't eat much veggie stuff try as I might.

We've deffo turned a corner with the lads. They've been playing with the new tug toy today with not a cross word amongst them. The Viz are still on the cautious side which isn't a bad thing. Scooby reminds me of a bossy bitch sometimes.

:wub: Merlie cats are lovely (from a distance) I is hallergic to them.

Daisy is cooking for us today :biggrin: She wanted to cook a three course meal and she's chosen to make from scratch tomato soup, vegetable pie with green beans & roast spuds followed by meringues & fruit salad :biggrin: Molly is playing with her plaster of paris and Emily & Georgia are playing nicely together. All is quiet and peaceful :biggrin:

Daisy is cooking for us today :biggrin: She wanted to cook a three course meal and she's chosen to make from scratch tomato soup, vegetable pie with green beans & roast spuds followed by meringues & fruit salad :biggrin: Molly is playing with her plaster of paris and Emily & Georgia are playing nicely together. All is quiet and peaceful :biggrin:

Well done Daisy! Cheryl make sure you take us some photos please. :biggrin:

Michelle, do you think its the quorn that disagrees with you. I know a lot of people can't eat it. It doesnt mean that you can't eat veggie though.

Was Alexis around yesterday? Wonder if having hubby home is keeping her busy or if baby is showing? :biggrin:

Oh exciting stuff Alexis. Wishing you a quick and as easy as poss delivery. Has anyone put the kettle on and where are the towels. Fugees don't panic. Aaaargh!

Ange :tapfoot: I shall remember that remark :laugh:

Van sounds great Laura.

Oh Daisy lovely. :wub:

Yes I can't seem to eat Quorn at all and sadly a lot of veg doesn't agree with me either. Or spices and onions are a big no no. I have to watch how much fruit I eat as well and there is some I can't touch at all.

Good luck Alexis, hope it doesn't hurt too much :GroupHug: I couldn't go thro it tho!

Ruby has taken Archie for a nice long walk and I took George for a half hour stroll. 2 people stopped me on seperate occaions to ask if he was alright. I explained that his weary gait and slowness is due to his meds so they both made a big fuss of him which he thoroughly enjoyed. He even managed to get up a little trot as we walked away.

Merly cats are bootiful :wub: :wub: It makes me realise how my two old girls are fading as they are both now so skinny, Cozzie especially has lost a lot of muscle tone. She and Skippy are 17 and 18 and otherwise fine in themselves. I think the phantom wee'er of last night was Cozzie tho :rolleyes:

Ruby and my brother, Gary, are supposed to be painting the outside of the house but are presently ensconced in the sitting room with their lunch. There is much talking and laughing emanating from there. I shall have to go and crack the whip as we have rain forecast.