UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my van, in the end we bought an ex police riot van, 50 k miles , with all the high spec and strength, twin side doors with tinted windows and cages built in to the back, its already got air con and heaters in the back along with lights, insulation etc etc , I could go on and on . Its just right for us

Did you buy if from an auction?

How is is rated, we discovered our police van (bought from a garage) had an illegal MOT :mad: as it was Class 3 rather than a Class 7 :unsure:

We'd go down the police route again , but only if we either bought it straight from an auction or from a dealer we trusted.

I got my van, in the end we bought an ex police riot van, 50 k miles , with all the high spec and strength, twin side doors with tinted windows and cages built in to the back, its already got air con and heaters in the back along with lights, insulation etc etc , I could go on and on . Its just right for us

What a great idea !

Daisy is cooking for us today :biggrin: She wanted to cook a three course meal and she's chosen to make from scratch tomato soup, vegetable pie with green beans & roast spuds followed by meringues & fruit salad :biggrin: Molly is playing with her plaster of paris and Emily & Georgia are playing nicely together. All is quiet and peaceful :biggrin:

I now have this vision of Georgia finding molly's Plaster and inserting jack russels,chickens,jewelry,herself.... The list goes on

How is is rated, we discovered our police van (bought from a garage) had an illegal MOT :mad: as it was Class 3 rather than a Class 7 :unsure:

I would ask the dealer to go and complain to the police and get them to pay for a new MOT.

I would ask the dealer to go and complain to the police and get them to pay for a new MOT.

We reported them both to VOSA, we only discovered it when we went to have a new MOT done, our police van is no more :( it decided to stop for good on the M62 on a transport run and as it required more welding we decided to scrap it, although we still have the cages :)

We'd go down the police route again , but only if we either bought it straight from an auction or from a dealer we trusted.

we checked the insurance before we bought, to see which class, they checked. It was from a dealer who had sold loads before. We saw it on ebay and then went to look at it and bought it, it's brill.

Have had a busy morning.

Out first thing on a transport run for a gorgeous chocolate brindle staffie boy who finally has a rescue place after months in kennels :biggrin:

Back home and then off to groom a westie. Have never met a dog so petrified by a dryer. The amount of drool was phenomenal!! He left with souvenir scratches all over my wrists :rolleyes:

Hope to have a relaxing afternoon!!

Laura, it's lovely! Are you getting it caged? Since I've been going to agility comps I've become a bit of a sad van geek :blush:

I'd really like a VW caddy maxi van - kind of like a huge and slightly higher estate and counts as a car so I'd not be restricted to van speed limits cos I don't think I'd be very good at that :blush:

If you get yours caged can you post pics please?!!

its got a cage in the back, se we will modify what is already there, we've got welder etc so we'll do our own, I didn't like the £1400 we were quoted for 4 cages

what did you mean van speed limits?

Edited by elricc

Ooh fab!

£1400 for 4 cages :ohno02:

Van speed limits are 60mph on motorways and 50mph on single carriageways I think but please do check. A few agility folks have been done for doing car speed limits but in a van - althought 'white van man' flying past me at 90+ seems immune!!

Van speed limits are 60mph on motorways and 50mph on single carriageways I think but please do check. A few agility folks have been done for doing car speed limits but in a van - althought 'white van man' flying past me at 90+ seems immune!!

I had a google as, not being a driver or having not had a van, it wasn't something I knew - and it seems the lower speed limit applies to vans on single and dual carriageways:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/speed.../vanspeedlimits

It is very important for drivers to bear in mind that vans (and all goods vehicles not exceeding 7.5 tonnes) are subject to lower national speed limits than cars on both single and dual carriageway roads. Whilst a car may travel at up to 60 mph on single carriageways and 70 mph on dual carriageways vans are only allowed to travel up to 50 mph on single carriageway roads and 60 mph on dual carriageway roads.

[Remember that the speed limits quoted here are national limits, a lower speed limit will apply in built up areas and on many local roads. Where a lower speed limit is signed you must comply with those lower limits].

Afternoon :wavey:

Had an absolutely brilliant time at Big Weekend yesterday. Might do a photo thread if anyone's interested :unsure:

Worked an early at the golf club, which wasn't so fab after only 4.5 hours sleep :rolleyes: Off to the Downs with the boys soon