UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

And I've just had a very :blush: moment. A strange looking lady just knocked on the door and told me that she'd been doing some work for a neighbour and wondered if I could do with her services. She's a gardener and was looking pointedly at the overgrown front garden as we talked :blush: Just as soon as we get some dry weather, I'd best get the noo lawnmower out :laugh:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had an "Andrex Puppy" moment. I tucked the end of the loo roll in with my blouse and went into the lounge, right up tp the patio window. Turned round and there it was still all in one piece :wink:

Had to roll about 30 feet of it back on the tube. It looks very untidy now.

They are " Strong and Soft and very long"

Barbara

I'm having the sort of day where I feel a bulk delivery to Bristol Cats and Dogs Home may be in order :glare: Flora is particularly whiny today. It's very windy here (outside not inside!) and that's her favourite kind of weather. Now that she's got a sniff of it she's whinging to be let out constantly. Bran is behaving like an utter loon and has been racing around for what feels like hours and hours now :wacko: Every rug has been upturned, the garden is a disaster zone and the puppy is being leapfrogged regularly. Prince Hugo is rather unsettled by the behaviour being exhibited by the big dogs and is barking and yapping every time anyone moves, plus has decided to prove just how un-housetrained he is by peeing and pooing everywhere today - even though the back door is wide open :rolleyes: Mika and Mango are both in the house today and have attempted to eat the lovely cake that I brought back from Cheshire, chewed Soph's laptop cable, rolled in the clean, dry washing and smacked 7 bales out of the puppy :ohmy: By the end of today, Summer might be the only pet left in this place :glare:

I'm having one of those days too.  Sophie has decided that she doesn't want to go on walks anymore  :wacko:  Logan has started chasing birds in the sky  :wacko:  And Sky decided to play the 'I'm old, can't see too well, and can't hear too well either' card, and blatently ignored me when I know very well he could both see me and hear me.  So I was in the middle of a huge field, with Sky in the bushes chasing bunnies at one side of the field ignoring my calls, Logan running around like a looney looking up (and not at all where he was going), trying to follow the birds flying above him, and Sophie standing at the back of the car in the car park demanding that we go home NOW!  Add to that then when we finally got home, I discovered that I had moved the cat litter tray while vacumming yesterday, and Marmite and Zooey objected - one of them pooed on the carpet where it used to be, and one of them peed on the kitchen counter  :wacko:

Hope things calm down for you this afternoon :flowers:

Alexis - have a good weekend and hope the baby makes an appearance soon :flowers:

It is Logan's first training class tonight - fingers crossed he doesn't do anything tooooo naughty  :unsure:  And am off to agility comp with Morse tomorrow - can everyone send him 'stay in the ring' thoughts at random intervals tomorrow - last sunday he excelled himself by leaving the ring to go and munch on a dead rabbit he found in the hedge  :rolleyes:

I'm having the sort of day where I feel a bulk delivery to Bristol Cats and Dogs Home may be in order :glare: Flora is particularly whiny today. It's very windy here (outside not inside!) and that's her favourite kind of weather. Now that she's got a sniff of it she's whinging to be let out constantly. Bran is behaving like an utter loon and has been racing around for what feels like hours and hours now :wacko: Every rug has been upturned, the garden is a disaster zone and the puppy is being leapfrogged regularly. Prince Hugo is rather unsettled by the behaviour being exhibited by the big dogs and is barking and yapping every time anyone moves, plus has decided to prove just how un-housetrained he is by peeing and pooing everywhere today - even though the back door is wide open :rolleyes: Mika and Mango are both in the house today and have attempted to eat the lovely cake that I brought back from Cheshire, chewed Soph's laptop cable, rolled in the clean, dry washing and smacked 7 bales out of the puppy :ohmy: By the end of today, Summer might be the only pet left in this place :glare:

Fun and games at your house then! :laugh:

Tosh (cat) is limping sometimes, can't work out which back leg is hurting and he won't walk away from me so I can see what is going on. Mac cat seems to be limping less, no idea why but maybe the change is weather is making his arthritis less hurty. I can't get him to take supplements that will help, he can sniff tablets out at a 1000 yards!

Fortunately, touching wood, my hounds all appear to be well if a little tired, they also had a late night which included loads of cuddles from friends, they quite enjoyed themselves.

Thanks for all your positive thoughts for baby Ewan James, I will pass them on to the proud parents :flowers:

The ickle mite weighed 4 lbs 12 ozs when he was born, so ickle :wub: and will be spending some time in neo natal before being allowed home.

Archie is on the norty step for chasing a beautiful little red squirrel this morning. He didn't catch it thankfully. I am very, very keen that we keep our native red squirrel safe and I would have been devastated if Arch had caught it.

I had loads of problems trying to get on the board, then stay on it when I did eventually get on and even worse problems trying to post yesterday so am trying to go from memory of who said what.

I think it was Sarah Muck-the-duck who offered to send some slippery elm for George and I'd like to say "yes please" to that offer. If you let me know the weight of the package I can send you a postage paid address label by email for you to print out.

Re George's colitis. I am still feeding him home made. I discussed this with our vet who would like him to stay on it but I have to cut down on the protein and see how he goes.

Good thoughts being sent for little Ewan :GroupHug:

Only one more sleep til Big Weekend :bounce: :biggrin: :bounce:

:mad: One is not amused :mad: I'm sooooo jealous AND I had tickets but couldn't use them :rolleyes: I sent in entries for all the girls using their email addresses, even made one up for Alan and entered Ian too aswell as myself obviously. An even split, three entries for Saturday, three for Sunday. I wanted Saturday, Ian wanted Sunday because he loves The Prodigy. He was the only person to win tickets! They were for Saturday so he didn't want to go, Daisy, Molly and Emily all did want to go, I'd be the adult going with them but four into two doesn't go! They couldn't decide between themselves which girl should go and it wasn't really fair to leave behind the ones who really wanted to go so we gave the tickets to Ians brother Robert & his boyfriend Richard in exchange for Robert fixing our guttering and painting the fascias and Richard fixing one light and one socket upstairs (he's a qualified electrician) :rolleyes: Robert collected the tickets earlier in the week and also took with him a handful of utility bills in Ians name incase he needs to prove he's Ian.

:mad: One is not amused :mad: I'm sooooo jealous AND I had tickets but couldn't use them :rolleyes:

Poop. If it makes you feel better, I'd have loved to have seen the Killers :wink:

RMF: I am now the proud owner of a flowery patterned pac-a-mac :biggrin:

Hope things calm down for you this afternoon :flowers:

Ditto :laugh: And good luck with the training class and the agility comp :flowers: Morsifer is a very norty boy :devil: :laugh:

Mac cat seems to be limping less, no idea why but maybe the change is weather is making his arthritis less hurty. I can't get him to take supplements that will help, he can sniff tablets out at a 1000 yards!

Nettie - is it worth trying him on Synflex? :unsure: I know that several of us use it for our dogs, but it can be given to cats as well and as it's a liquid should be easy to mix in with food :flowers:

I think it was Sarah Muck-the-duck who offered to send some slippery elm for George and I'd like to say "yes please" to that offer. If you let me know the weight of the package I can send you a postage paid address label by email for you to print out.

Re George's colitis. I am still feeding him home made. I discussed this with our vet who would like him to stay on it but I have to cut down on the protein and see how he goes.

It's already on it's way :wink: and good luck with the feeding :flowers:

I am being a very worried foster nanny this afternoon :unsure: Ickle man has been coughing quite a lot today. I spoke to Fi and she mentioned that the 2 new cavs that were sharing space with Hugo have come down with KC so to keep an eye on him. Since then he's gotten really cold and his gums are pale :err: and so it's off to the vets we go.