UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Ooh My Back, My Belly And My Two Sides

Yantan

We had a longish walk down the river bank near Epworth. Always quiet there in the afternoons and you can see for miles, so she had an hour running off lead, mooching along the river bank and getting wet. Her drying coat was in the car so she travelled home in that.

morning all xx

seeing my neighbour this morning, need to stay calm when she moans about the dogs barking. otherwise shes a lovely lady.

then the eye unit, see whats going on, why im going blind at times. bloody scary, especially when out

have a safe warm day xxx

That's something to look forward to after Christmas Jazz,getting your eye sorted!

The boarding kennels we've used for ages is posting on FB telling people that they must send a deposit or their booking will not be confirmed. I texted Sarah, the owner, and explained that depending on the results of my next scan we're hoping to go away late June or early July but not certain and how much deposit? She came back and said just give me rough dates and I'll pencil Candy in, and I don't need a deposit from you, Sue. We must have done something right in the past!

Speaking of scans, they've cancelled the chest CAT I had due for the 21st December as my oncologist wants a full body scan done with contrast..oh lovely, that's about an hour of my life I'll never get back. Scan now set for the 9th January, and I have to see her on the 25th for the result. Just hope she actually gets the results by then, they can be pretty slow.

Edited by suzeanna

Suzeanna I think with small businesses like your kennels if you treat them fairly and pay up on time they are usually happy to reciprocate. Our dog walker got so sick of having to chase owners to pay their monthly accounts she slapped a 5% surcharge on if not paid within 7 days. We once forgot to pay and were mortified when she had to remind us. I emailed her to say we'd pay that day and add on the surcharge but she emailed right back to say "not necessary, it's not meant for you but the bad payers". Also when she put her rates up she told us it didn't apply to us as we were one of her original customers, who didn't make silly or outrageous demands, paid up on time (usually!) and were always nice to deal with so this was a little thank you.

Good luck with the scan appointment :flowers:

Gosh it's blithering well cold here. I was waiting in for parcel deliveries so Archie and I have only just been for walk. I wasn't going to bother because he was a bit listless early on. He hadn't eaten and I suspected he might be getting his acid reflux so I dosed him with his medicine. I was right because shortly after he ate his breakfast. Anyway he got all excited when he saw me trying new shoes on so I put his fleece on him and off we went.

My blood pressure is right down to what it was 15 years ago. Still a bit on high side by the standard they like now, but not bad. Still goes rocketing up if I get cross about anything but otherwise quite respectable.

Wondering whether to go over to the reserve visitor centre for a Christmas social run by the local branch of wildlife trust. Will probably go as they have a sort of quiz night which is quite fun. Got an hour to decide. It is so cosy here that I don't want to go out into cold, but will regret it if I don't.

Our local dog walking/sitting business have just introduced a non returnable deposit for sits due to people cancelling at the last minute. As she says this is their livelihood and they may have turned down other bookings.

I use local kennels- well, 1 hour away but on the road south- who are very accommodating. Don't charge extra for Christmas/ New Year and don't charge for cancelling.

Unfortunately, it has been up for sale for 2 years as he wants to retire. We will be very lucky to get somebody so accommodating and not expensive. I pay the same for my two as I would pay for one elsewhere.

Good Luck with your scan , Suzeanna. Waiting is always an anxious time.

JIm's last scan showed no change and the oncologist says he is not convinced what the 'spots' on his lung are. He is to have another scan in February.

Jazz, JIm has eye drops to use, one in both eyes at night and one on one eye only in the morning. He has high eye pressure and they are experimenting to see which eye drops are most effective so he will only need to use one of them.

It is cold here as well, Yantan, but dry and bright.

There is snow heading our way at the weekend but it looks like it will stop just before us.

I know how you feel. Owl. It is a thought to go out into the cold and dark when it is warm and cosy inside.

Totally wiped out and no idea why - not ill or anything, just bone weary.

Hope you went to the social night and enjoyed it Owl.

Pleased no eye ulcers Jazz, hope the drops help.

Good luck with the scan Suzeanna xx

Blimmin cold here today as well, but dry - dry is good lol

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. What a cold day here.

I hope the "spots" showing on Jim's scan are nothing to worry about blackmagic.

Well done Owl for winning a book and making the effort to go the social. It takes a lot to move from a nice warm perch to go out into the cold at night. Not sure I would have made it!