UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Ooh My Back, My Belly And My Two Sides

Yantan

Went to get some cash from the "hole in the wall" outside one of our village post offices, only to find it is indeed a hole in the wall. It was ram raided on Saturday night. It is only just up the road from the police station, but the police had rushed to the next village where they had ram raided the post office cashpoint first.

Oooh you all seem to live in crime hot spots. Not like my sleepy little town lol. For which I'm grateful btw.

And you've all been busy since I've been away. Need to read back and catch up properly.

Had a nice few days down on the south coast visiting my brother down in Hampshire and then my sister over in Sussex. Was lovely to catch up with them but the 500+ mile drive each side of it has left me weary. Really feeling my age today lol.

Hope everyone is well and I'll go and see if you've all been behaving yourselves while I was away xx

Edited by eve

Really annoyed, every year, the bus drivers wear Christmas jumpers for about 2 weeks, Steve never bothers, this year I have dragged him out of his grinchiness.... bought him 2 wicked jumpers and he asked today when he could start wearing them....he was told he is allowed to wear it Friday only! He is really pee'd off, not only because I have bought him2 jumpers for nothing but because it seems that the company don't want to allow them to celebrate Christmas in the only way they can whilst at work

Jehovah's witnesses, I really did not want to see you this morning. I am sorry I disconcerted you with a tedious lecture on the diversity of the early Christian church and the political agenda of emperor Constantine and how they contributed to the decisions on what was holy writ and what was not, which cause your eyes to glaze over. This must have come as a surprise from a dishevelled person with dripping wet hair who had thrown on the first random clothes she could grab. The lady witness looked quite scared. Anyway, I said I wished them well, and said "God bless you both" which startled them so much that they ran away.

They got off much lighter than Mormons do.

• Like 3

Jehovah's witnesses, I really did not want to see you this morning. I am sorry I disconcerted you with a tedious lecture on the diversity of the early Christian church and the political agenda of emperor Constantine and how they contributed to the decisions on what was holy writ and what was not, which cause your eyes to glaze over. This must have come as a surprise from a dishevelled person with dripping wet hair who had thrown on the first random clothes she could grab. The lady witness looked quite scared. Anyway, I said I wished them well, and said "God bless you both" which startled them so much that they ran away.

They got off much lighter than Mormons do.

:) If nothing else I'm sure it it made a change from having the door not answered - I can't imagine they found many people at home on a Tuesday morning.

Where Philip used to work there were several Muslim guys, devout ones who prayed five times a day etc. The one who worked in his department would quite cheerfully collect bacon butties for people if he was going to the canteen..as he said, I'm not eating them so what's the problem? and they always wore Santa hats and sent out xmas cards. I think the objections are more in people's minds to a large extent although a young woman we know what accosted in the street and accused of racial appropriation because she had her hair in dreads. Personally I'd have asked the woman who said it why she wasn't walking around with bare boobs and a plate in her lower lip!

Had to smile about your Jehovah's lot, Owl. I once had a couple of earnest young Mormons on the doorstep and I did much the same as you, gave them a lecture on religion, and they practically ran up the street. I used to work for an insurance loss adjusters and the man who owned it was a Mormon and so supposedly was his son, who worked there. The guys who had a view of the car park would warn him his dad's car had just driven in...his coffee went down the sink and his cigarette out of the window rather rapidly.

One of the employees at the office I work at on Wednesdays is a hindu and she is the most enthusiastic person in the office about Christmas. She even went off to France to find the best Christmas market!

She brought in a pile of lovely veggie samosas for Diwali, so it's currently my favourite workplace for a great exchange of cultural traditions.

• Like 1