UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Ooh My Back, My Belly And My Two Sides

Yantan

so, the dogs have smacked me in the mouth enough to damage the tooth!

options are...

have the tooth out. that means dentures as I haven't got enough teeth left

have root canal under sedation in Romford, which means lewis will have to take me. that might resolve it, or might still need the tooth out. and last time it was 4 months waiting list

leave it and hope it stops hurting

In future Jazz, whichever option you go for, I'd suggest wearing a crash helmet when the dogs are around. On the other hand..then they'd probably break their teeth and you'd have a vet bill!

Gentlemen come in all sorts..I was waiting at the bus stop, one of those with a shelter that doesn't shelter you as it's open both ends, and a rail thing you are meant to be able to sit on. An older bloke with a crutch and a shopping trolley was standing in front of that, he saw me, moved over and say Now then lass, park tha arse! I dutifully did as I was told, though to be honest it was more comfortable standing! I do have some trouble with the local dialect at times, despite being Yorkshire born. Someone said to me a while ago how's your mester? After a few awkward sorry? what? from me and repeats from him, he eventually said "your husband, how's your husband?"

• Like 1

Hahahaha Suzeanna...I can't speak to my family in Ireland...I don't understand them at all and if they've had a drink...forget it!! Thank god for WhatsApp!

I get told I sound like a cockney... despite only having been to London once and when I am drunk the Brummy comes out, much to Steve's annoyance!

I remember being out with the lads from work and a copper walking past had a helmet on, my mate Terry shouted in Brummy, look at the helmet on that..the copper turned round not very happy asking who said it. I am not a grass so kept my mouth shut, he asked us all to repeat the phrase, I was drunk and went before Terry...of course, I came out Brummy, Terry's go and in his poshest voice repeated the phrase! I got the blame and they were on about carting me off down to the station... luckily the copper gave up and just warned me on my behaviour, I looked at Terry who was howling and I asked "at which point would you have stepped in" and he said in his Brummy accent that after they had cuffed me and put me in the car he would have probably said something lol

I'm told I'm posh up here..but sound Northern down south! Can't win! My mother was ultra well spoken and so was I at one point, can still dredge it up when I'm talking to someone I think needs taking down a peg. One of my cousins went to Sandhurst, he really was cut glass.

5 years today i lost my soulmate, trudy. she was a typical yokie. stubborn, opinionated but my best mate. ive had other dogs since, and have merlin the yorkie, but i still cry for her every day. no-one can replace her :unsure:

as I pressed send, my trainers fell off the side in the hall. she is still throwing things lol

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 1

23rd for my first dog Diesel, little miracle she was and I was spoilt with her as she was such a good girl. We don't bother much with Christmas now as she loved it and it's not so much fun

My Christmas day got a bit busier!! We were taking Christmas dinner to Steve and Molly, mums friends husband is on end of life care so she won't be able to get to the hospital Christmas day and she said she needs to just shut the door for that one day...mum offered for her to come to us but she said no, so mum said would you eat a Christmas dinner? She said yes so now we have dinner number 2 to deliver lol... opposite ends of the city

My mum is really kind... that's come from her nan and mum, she bought Steve a case of lager so he can have a drink at Christmas

I have been norty and treated myself to 3new dresses and a pair of shoes, annoyed that the delivery was nearly the same cost as 2 items.... everything 5 pounds again...love that place

• Like 1