UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Ooh My Back, My Belly And My Two Sides

Yantan

I have had all mine from pups, the youngest was 5 weeks and my first dog, Kota was a complete nightmare and I was very close to giving up on her for my own sanity... we got through it but it wasn't easy, I view it the same as a baby...they can't tell you what they want, and need the same things as a baby...love, food warmth and going to the loo and entertainment

A friend bred a litter of retrievers. A few months after homing them she heard one had been hit by a car so visited the owners to find out what happened.

The dog was being walked through the village off lead and was hit by the car. When questioned they said they did not realise they had to teach the dog to walk at heel.

They had seen the parents doing heelwork and thought the pup would automatically do the same.

Another pup was returned at 6 months old who was promptly brought up the dinner he had been fed- the same as the pup they kept had been given.

A trip to the vet established that he had never been fed any more than the original amount they had been told to fedd at 10 weeks when they got home. His stomach had never grown so had to be fed small meals gradually increasing in size until he could cope with a proper meal.

These families had raised children, were intelligent and had paid a lot of money for their pups but had not made any attempt to find out hoe to raise a pup.

They had been interviewed and found suitable.

One couple that she had reservations about turned out to be the best owners who doted on their dog.

Cleo came out in bumps over her head last night. Her eyes were hooded and she kept rubbing her head so obviously itchy.

I only had loratadine antihistamine in the house. I knew you could give dogs Piriton but didn't have any of that.

I checked with the vet who looked it up and confirmed I could give her the Loritadine. i just had to check it did not have Xylotol in it. Apparently they put that in to make it sweeter tasing. Fortunately, it didn't and she is much better this morning.

I have no idea what she reacted to as she hasn't had anything different to eat, hasn't been anywhere different and I don't use any air freshners or anything.

She is much better this morning.

Poor Cleo! I remember our gsd Jazz reacting badly to something one summer, he looked as if he'd done ten rounds with Mohammed Ali! It did settle quickly with antihistamine.

I wish I knew who owns the pretty doves who are eating me out of bird seed at an alarming rate! Most are pure white, but some have grey or black tuxedos on, very smart. I wondered how they knew so quickly when I'd filled the feeders then I looked up one day and saw two sitting on our roof, no doubt they sent a message to the rest of the flock. There aren't any visible dovecotes on the estate so I don't know how far away they live..shame, or I'd put a bill through their letterbox.

We've sworn off puppies after Archie. He was the pup from hell but I dread to think what would have happened to him if he'd fallen into the wrong hands. At least we had a good idea about how to bring a pup up. And he did turn into the best dog ever after training.

A local doctor got a puppy for his family and they had no idea how to train the poor little thing, resulting in a badly behaved dog. You'd think a doctor would at least be able to do some research.

It's wet and overcast here. I don't think Archie and I will bother today, unless he's really keen later. This would be dependent on him waking up though. He's been mostly asleep since I got up, apart from going for a wee once. He's not even touched his breakfast yet.

mouse was a nightmare with ruby the s*** Tzu. even a behaviourist couldn't sort them out, so when I had to move, my friend took ruby. she now does agility, all sorts of things. they were both so calm when apart. I can see how luna will be good, she looks after the fosters, tellsme the time,but still some things that arnt good

had my blood test then took ill at the shops. great

Bloody O2 network is down...I am existing on WiFi at home...no calls, no texts and no Mobile data, been like this on and off all day. I tried WhatsApp calling Steve but he is probably wondering what the hell it is. I have given him my landline again so he can call here if he wants, he doesn't have a landline so I can't call him except for WhatsApp

I'm with EE for my mobile so phone is working as normal. It's been on the news about the O2 network going down.

Archie's had a few garden pawtrols this afternoon but they were short and sweet and apart from eating he's been back on his sofa for nice sleeps.

Immunotherapy and incontinence meds. I am annoyed as the vet last week said Dex was fine and it turns out his kidney function is not as good as it was...I have been feeding him treats and whatever he wanted when I should have been made aware his kidneys were failing and advised to feed carbs at the same time as protein... luckily I very rarely deal with that vet as I don't trust him

Owl...I will cross everything for a dry day for you

• Like 2