UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Tell Us About It

Jazz

Are you still enjoying the Americans, Yantan?

We are now enjoying Jack Ryan. He is an American analyst who gets involved in the fight against Syrian terrorists.

I just finished series 5 last night. Series 6 requires extra payment as it's the current one but I can wait until it becomes "free". I see the actor who plays Phillip Jennings won an Emmy last night (or was it the night before?) for his role in it.

I might try Jack Ryan but I am funny, if I don't care for an actor I find it hard to get into anything they are in and I'm afraid to say I just don't like the choice of lead actor.

Ruby and I just binge watched Killing Eve on iPlayer because there's been a lot of buzz about it. We quite enjoyed it and Sandra Oh was terrific as Eve but it wasn't really what it had been hyped up too.

Have you watched Ozark black magic? We've seen the first series and will be watching the second sometime soon now that it's available. We find that one entertaining.

Good luck with tomorrow's mammogram.

Belated happy birthday to Luna, and bad boy to t'other one!

Glad there was no real damage to the car, and you both got something to eat Yantan!

Fingers crossed for a clear result from your mammogram, Blackmagic. Hopefully I won't need any more, there's not much point really..every other scan under the sun, but no mammos.

• Like 1

Good luck with the mammogram Blackmagic.

Storm was quite bad here today, ferries were off and the petrol station lost it's roof :guiltysmiley: Managed to get Cooper out for a bit of a walk but he was a bit spooked by wheelie bins flying around so it wasn't a long one. Honey and Nick declined to go farther than half way down the street. No loss of power though.

I just finished series 5 last night. Series 6 requires extra payment as it's the current one but I can wait until it becomes "free". I see the actor who plays Phillip Jennings won an Emmy last night (or was it the night before?) for his role in it.

I might try Jack Ryan but I am funny, if I don't care for an actor I find it hard to get into anything they are in and I'm afraid to say I just don't like the choice of lead actor.

Ruby and I just binge watched Killing Eve on iPlayer because there's been a lot of buzz about it. We quite enjoyed it and Sandra Oh was terrific as Eve but it wasn't really what it had been hyped up too.

Have you watched Ozark black magic? We've seen the first series and will be watching the second sometime soon now that it's available. We find that one entertaining.

Good luck with tomorrow's mammogram.

Yes, it was a bit of anti climax to find series 6 of the Americans wasn't available free yet. Like you we will wait until it is.

I didn't like Ozark but JIm did. I found it boring.

I've just looked up Killing Eve and it sounds good so will make a note of it.

I forgot to say yesterday with all the things that went wrong but we nearly ran a dog over! Right in the middle of our town and he or she wasn't on a lead! Can you bloody believe it? There is a pedestrian refuge in the middle of the main road through town and there was a woman waiting on it with 2 dogs, safely on lead, and sitting waiting to be told to go.

As we approached a chap with a crutch limped across the opposite side to the refuge with his off lead dog and the dog just carried on into our path. Ruby had to do an emergency stop and thank goodness we didn't hit him or her. Had I been driving my side window would have been down whilst I told the owner what I thought of him and how he was breaking the law by not having his dog on lead and how dare he chance his poor dog's life like that. Ruby choose to drive on without saying anything. However the woman with the 2 under control dogs appeared to be having a go at him. Good for her. I may yet have my say as I recognised the man. If he couldn't manage to hold a lead then he shouldn't bloody well have had the dog out like that.

There are far too many dog owners walking dogs off-lead around here. If you say anything to them they contend that there dogs are well trained and obey commands. It doesn't help when a local councillor, who is standing as an MP in the next election, does it as well! He also ignores the park by-laws in relation to where dogs can and cannot be off-lead.

Griff hope Monday's appointment goes well.

Jazz I hope your eye appointment was a positive one this morning.

Yantan, we had the same here except we did say something, dog outside the shop and walked into the road, dad slammed his brakes on, people were getting out to help the dog went back on the path, the owner came out and dad said did the fella not think he should pop him on lead..the guy just said why? And we explained he nearly got squished and the blokes answer?.....he didn't though did he!! I may have called him a fat effin B! Apparently he gets drunk and just leaves the dog escape

It makes me so cross when people have their dogs offlead on roads. One was hit and luckily not badly injured in Wales when he decided to cross a main road to fight my pulis, probably because he had never seen any before. Driver did not stop and other cars refused to stop while the dog was caught, and after realising that fighting 2 pulis was not a good idea he crossed road back to owner and nearly caused a crash.

Mice are trying to work out how to get into the new traps. I suspect the mouse repeller gadget may have addled their brains, as the traps have a hole at each side and should be simple enough. Trying the old traps as well tonight.

• Like 1

Oh dear Owl..not only do you have mice, but they are mentally challenged mice too!

I just watched a video of Bad Wolves, doing a cover of Zombie. Dolores O'Riordan was meant to have sung vocals for them but she died the day she was mean to record so they did it as a tribute to her. I can recommend it if you wish to deafen any irritating neighbours! Luckily I like that sort of stuff.

Edited by suzeanna

Our road passes by a croft which has barns on each side of the road. There are three collies- an oldie, a middle aged and a pup.

The dogs roam free all day , crossing the road from one barn to the other.

The middle one often stands in the middle of the road and the traffic has to go round him, bearing in mind that this is a single track road.

The old one lies on the road and totally ignores the traffic. This morning she was right in the middle and we had to go onto the ground around the barn to get past.

because the road slopes up from one direction she is hidden by the brow of the slope. Fortunately, she had her head up so we caught sight of the ears as warnign she was there. Jim put his flashers on to warn a foreign driver who was coming behind us.

At the speed the contractors' and delivery vans , the log lorries and the HGV's travel I don't know how she hasn't been hit. A previous oldie, who was deaf and wandered back and forward across the road oblivious to the traffic was hit and left limping.

The crofter doesn't bother. As 'working dogs' they do not need to be on the lead.

I am in disgrace. It is raining heavily so Wispa is telling me off for not having walked her earlier. She certainly would not want to walk in this. Mea culpa.

We had the same problem with farm dogs in rural wales, though it was usually the cyclists who ran into trouble with them.

my other eye is so dry that was close to ulcering. got home nice and quick .....

and the front door lock was broke, so couldn't get in. short story, been sat in my neigbours for 4 hours waiting for the locksmith. new lock is on there now. I feel so ill im glad im in my own place. hard seeing properly so ecuse anything I try and type xx

LOL at Wispa telling her mum off. Archie had his walk this morning which is just as well as it's raining heavily now. This hasn't stopped him playing innies and outies. He's currently on an outie and is standing in the rain like a plank.

When we were on holiday in Sutherland we were always coming across sheep wandering on the one track roads. They wouldn't move until they were ready. I remember getting out and asking one to "kindly vacate the tarmac" as it lay it there in the middle of the road. You'd be driving along with these sheep free ranging along the sides of the road and all of a sudden one would just step out in front of you. I think it was the locals way of getting tourists to drive slowly and with care. We didn't see any dogs running loose.

Oh Jazz just seen your post. Nothing ever goes easy for you. Hope you can rest and relax now and look after that eye!