UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Tell Us About It

Jazz

Yantan, you may be offered a speed awareness course. If you are an go on it you won't get a fine/points and may not need to tell your insurance company. Many companies do not ask about them.

Karma, Owl. Bet it feels good.

Drizzly rain here but no wind, although we have a weather warning for overnight and during the day tomorrow.

I had to buy a new slow cooker yesterday- somebody broke the crockpot for it at the weekend.

I got one in Argos but it does not have the auto cook facility that the original one has. The crock pot is the same size the new one is now in the old cooker.

The price of the new one was half the price of the old one , and probably what a new crockpot for it would have cost, if we had been able to get one.

• Like 1

Thanks blackmagic. Ruby said this happened to a member of her staff. He went on the course and said he found it very interesting and useful. I hope they still do them and it's something I do get offered. Good news on the crockpot replacement. Good job you hadn't already chucked the old base out!

A baby snake went out to play with the neighbours baby snakes but came home crying. Mummy snake asked him why he was crying and he replied that they wouldn't let him hiss in their sand pit. "Oh take no notice of them", said mummy snake, "I can remember when they didn't have a pit to hiss in"

Well I thought it was funny!

• Like 1

Happy birthday Luna :cheer: Hope you make it to your 2nd!

Ruby and I decided to go back the restaurant where we took our American pals a few weeks ago and have lunch. We'd just got out of the car when a branch fell from a nearby tree and hit the top of Ruby's car. It's taken some paint off but it's barely noticeable. It made such a noise though and we were eye rolling at the fact the car just came back from the body shop.

Anyway the high winds had taken down the overhead power lines so the restaurant couldn't serve food. We hopped back in the car and drove 3 or 4 miles to another restaurant we know only to find the power outage was affecting them - no food. Right OK. Back in the car and we drove several miles further on to a garden centre where there cafe has a very good reputation. Just as we pulled in their power went out. Ruby says it's me, I am a Jonah!

We drove on to Cockermouth and went to a favourite cafe of ours that we haven't visited in a while. It's just outside the town and situated on a farm. We breathed a sigh of relief when we saw their lights on. We finally got our lunch! We both had Cumberland sausage, egg, chips and peas. When we got home Archie was just waking up so I don't think he'd missed us.

There were fallen trees, broken branches and twigs all over the place. Had we realised things were so awful we wouldn't have set off.

My friend told me this morning that she got caught on the same speed cameras as me when taking her husband into hospital a few months ago. She was clocked at 38mph and was offered a speed awareness course at a college near Penrith. It cost her about the same as the fine and lasted an afternoon. I'll take it if its on offer!

I hope no one else is having any bother with stormy weather.

Blooming heck Yantan...my dad's z4 was like that, got it back and a lady ran into the back of him, got it back a day later one of the neighbours reversed into...I got a couple of mass card things..he has them in both cars now, don't believe in God but heck anything was worth a go lol

Glad you got your lunch

• Like 1

while i was waiting for the car branches were being blown down.

had a lovely lunch, great meeting her

came home to hugo weed all over the sofa and smeared poo all over the table *ssigh*

he will be going in the crate in future

my neighbour who complained to the landlord about the dog, sat for 5 hours waiting for an operation, and it got cancelled. karma

Wet and some wind but nothing unusual. There was a dry, sunny spell in the afternoon and I got the dogs out in the garden for a play.

Ruby's car seems to be jinxed, Yantan.

Fallen branches/trees can be very dangerous.

Have a mammogram tomorrow- oh joy.

A neighbour who is 80 was diagnosed with breast cancer after a mammogram two years ago. She had a double mastectomy and has been okay since.

One of her daughters died from breast cancer spreading and her other daughter had had treatment for it.

They told her that her cancer was not related in any way to the kind her daughter had.

Are you still enjoying the Americans, Yantan?

We are now enjoying Jack Ryan. He is an American analyst who gets involved in the fight against Syrian terrorists.

I am nearly finished the second book of the Outlander series. There is so much in it I don't think I would have coped with out without having seen the series. There is much more than in the series but it helps to already understand what is going on.

I hope you gave Luna a birthday treat,Jazz.