UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Tell Us About It

Jazz

Is Rosie spayed Jazz?

Glad the pain has gone Owl.

I wrote a long post yesterday but it disappeared. Either that or I'm going doolally and just imagined it which is more than possible lol.

We've got the heating on here in the evenings. It's an old house with high ceilings and gets quite chilly once the sun goes down, assuming the sun was there in the first place! Not been too bad today, quite sunny and just a few showers.

• Like 1

Sounds nasty Owl..I've cracked ribs in the past but never dislocated one! Glad it's feeling better.

Griff, have you got rid of your pains yet, and if not, did you see a doctor? (sorry if you've said, and I missed it!)

To be frank Jazz, if she can't afford to get a dog neutered, how can she afford any vet bills that might come up with any new dog? Shame though, if she would have been an ideal home.

Eve, I sometimes watch things like Escape to the Country, and people are always raving about wonderful high ceilings. My first thoughts are how the heck do you reach the cobwebs, and do you need extending ladders to change a lightbulb? The cottage we had in Sussex was the opposite, very old, low ceilings and beams. My daughter is only 5ft, and she had to duck under a couple of the doorways! My husband was like the hunchback of Notre Dame trying to get into the bathroom.

• Like 2

Jazz, can't see why it's a problem either if Rosie is spayed but agree with Suzeanna that it might be a problem for future vet bills if she can't afford to get her dog neutered.

Yes Suzeanna cobwebs are a problem - luckilly we have a Henry which has a very long hose so we can reach them. And we do need stepladders to change a bulb lol. But the ceiling is beautiful with the original cornice and rose so I'll put up with it.

So pleased your pain has gone Griff, hope it doesn't happen again.

Wondering if I can stay awake for the Joshua fight. Not going to pay for it but might try and find a stream online

I had to give in and put the heating on this morning. It was cold, much colder than yesterday.

Poor Archie has another dose of his acid reflux. He is wandering about not knowing where to put himself. I've just given him another dose of his medicine but if it doesn't work I think we'll have to take him to the vet HQ in Cockermouth.

He's not completely over it but he is much better. His tummy has stopped making the awful gurgling sounds and he's managed to have a couple of naps. He won't eat though. It helps settle his tummy if he has something on it but we can't force him to eat. I daren't give him any more medicine for at least another few hours - he's only supposed to have 2 doses in a 12 hour period but the vet said we could give him another closer to the first one if the first had no effect so he's already had 2. Giving him too much brings it's own problems.

Lovely day here but turning very cold now. I have put heating on.

Wispa is doing very well on Move Well and Tonic Oil from Fenland Forager, recommended to me by a fellow pointer mum. The cooler weather has helped as well. She is bouncing around and seems to have lost a little bit of the surplus weight.

The house mouse is less in evidence but was around last night. Seems to be trying to work out how to get into the old traps. Very suspicious of the new ones. I am sure all other meeces have cleared off.