UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Tell Us About It

Jazz

Aw Griff, hope the pain eases soon. Thinking of you.

Also hope Archie's acid reflux subsides. Stanley used to get that and it was awful seeing him shudder in pain. Liquid Tagamet was the only thing that eased it for him. Think when they did the change to vet medicines it was taken off the veterinary list but because he was on it for so long the vet was allowed to keep prescribing it for him.

Hopefully the repellant will eventually work on the rebellious house meeces too Owl. It did on ours - we have honestly been meece free for years, but it doesn't hurt to have a back up.

Dogs new tags have arrived, they already have some but I got plastic ones this time and qr code on instead of all my numbers on display, they are chipped too and will still wear their old metal tags, mainly got it for Molly as she doesn't have a tag and although good and doesn't run away I would like her to be returned... Steve doesn't want his phone number visible (mainly due to the psycho pole) so next best thing... plus my number is on there too

• Like 2

I hope you soon feel better Griff. I well remember those period pains, spent many a night walking the floor not knowing where to put myself. I'm glad you got Molly a tag so she is now legal.

Archie is prescribed Ranitidine for his acid reflux. He is indeed feeling much better now and is eating normally. He's had a short walk too but was a bit wobbly, mostly I think due to not eating yesterday.

I am proper nissed off as Ruby got notification from her employers fleet that she'd got a speeding ticket on August 18th at 9.15am. It was me driving as it was the day I went to pick her up from the hospital and just an hour before that I'd had that lad run into the back of me. Anyone that knows me will tell you what a stickler I am for sticking to speed limits and, in any case, it's very easy to do in my little Panda. However Ruby's car is much higher powered and I unintentionally got up to 35mph in a 30mph zone right where speed cameras are located. So the first time I drove her car for any significant amount of time I got rear-ended and got a speeding ticket all within an hour. I am not driving it again!

Errrrmmm, aren't they supposed to give you 10percent and a little to Allow for discretion with regards calibration? Not positive about that. Is it just a fine or points too? Not a good day all round that day, I don't suppose there's any point in writing to appeal and explain what had happened and where you were going?

I am a very naughty owl. An individual who has done everything to try and stop me tracking with Wispa, who has bad mouthed and told lies about me, who has tried to turn people in my community against me for the past year and a half, who has insulted and even threatened other dog searchers, has finally tripped over his own ego. Did something quite awful and laughed about it in private chat group on facebook, never thinking that someone in the group might be angry enough to take a screen shot and go very public. All the people he has upset are now on the warpath, as are some of his former supporters who now want to distance themselves. This person's reputation is sunk. I should not laugh at someone's downfall but I am going to anyway. *snigger* *teehee* He has laughed at me enough times.

Oh dear Yantan, that's really annoying! There's one Chief Constable who wants to make even 1mph over the limit illegal, how the hell he thinks everyone's speedo is that accurate beats me! Our Micra (yes, a Micra! but one of the bigger ones) easily goes up to 90+ on the motorways before you realise it, it's a wonder I haven't had a ticket before now.

Griff, does a hot water bottle on your tummy help at all? I didn't get terribly bad pains, but I did flood for the first few days, hardly dared leave the house.

Hope Merlin and Archie are both doing ok today.

It's blowing a gale here, our big cherry tree is really bending. We lived down south when the hurricane happened, that was a nightmare. All you heard for weeks was the sound of chainsaws, and all you could smell was bonfires.

Owl, we must have been writing at the same time. You wouldn't be human if you didn't gloat at his downfall, it sounds as if it was richly deserved! Maybe now he knows how it feels he'll keep schtum in future.

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

"What goes around comes around" springs to mind Owl. Serves the idiot right.

I don't think there is any use appealing against the ticket and if I was doing 35mph I was speeding, I hold my hands up. They must have caught a few that morning because I recall driving in a long line of traffic at that spot. It's just a bit galling because I am normally not a rules breaker. Given the number of bad driving incidences I witness just travelling locally, which regularly includes speeders doing in excess of 80mph past me on our by-pass and driving on hatched markings to overtake, it's a bit of a bummer. It used to be 3 points on your licence and a £100 fine but the penalties changed last year and the fine in Band A (over 31mph and up to 40mph) is 50% of your weekly income plus points. Of course this will put my insurance up too :(

Owl, I am glad he has been caught out and I don't blame you for enjoying the moment... hopefully you will receive apologies and others now see what he is.

Suzeanna, no... nothing helped, it actually crossed my mind to go to casualty I was in that much pain, lasted for 6hours, when I was a teenager I used to get really bad, intense pain...I would go grey, get a really bad migraine, I used to have to come home, would be sick, go to bed and sleep and wake up as if nothing had been wrong...very odd,I hope it's a one off, if not I will have to see the dr

Definitely Griff, trouble with us is you never know when something is just what it seems to be, or part of something worse..if you get my drift.

I remember when I was at school, our gym mistress was a very no nonsense sort (a hard old bag, in other words.) If anyone complained of period pains she would order them to run round the school playing field, and it was a very big field. None of that oh poor you, go and have a lie down stuff.

Edited by suzeanna

Yes Suzeanna, that's what concerns me, trouble is my good go is retiring and the others are clueless...I might call my consultant if it happens again.

I am getting silent calls again, I know who it is, I just pick the phone up and say nothing...next time I think I will put the phone by the smoke alarm. Makes me laugh that I saw the person twice on Friday but she wouldn't open her mouth... pathetic, it's deffo not a call centre it is someone calling off a mobile phone who has blocked their id from being shown.