UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Tell Us About It

Jazz

I did a transport run once to collect an old dog from a terminally ill lady. She cried, and I managed not to cry until I got in the car and then I broke down and sobbed which is very rare for me. Dog went to a lovely home via the Oldies Club.

Meeces have kept very low profile this evening. Tomorrow morning we will see if they have moved out.

I bet it's like a mosquito with teenagers Owl...that does your head in, probably figured out that when they leave the owlery the noise stops

Going for a free meal Tomo, a place called Stonehouse pizza and carvery, you download their app by tomorrow, register and they give you a free meal when you buy a full price drink!

Happy belated Gotcha Day to Candy. Can't believe it's 2 years already!

That is very sad about the lady looking for a new home for her beloved dog. If Ruby and I suddenly got wiped out our friends, Jan and Vince, would have Archie. They love him to bits and he loves them right back. They used to look after him when he was a puppy and they've always been part of his life.

I hope the mice have booked Pickfords and moved out Owl. If that device proves to be successful I might get one for our attic as we don't want the mice and/or rats back. Next door has done nothing about her mouse infestation though she reckons they vacated the house for summer. If they come back in the chances are they will get into our attic from hers again.

I don't like to think about Candy if I pop off before Philip retires..my daughter spends half the year in Greece, my son has two dogs and three children and a not very big house with a tiny garden, and we don't really know anyone who could or would take her. Oldies Club would probably be the best bet. I was looking up the age for English setters and it's 10 to 12 years, so maybe the dog won't outlive her mum by much anyway, but it's a sad situation.

I've got a card in my bag saying there is a dog at home, in case of accidents. It must be terrible if a family is wiped out in a crash and no one knows they had pets.

How's the sciatica Yantan, and is Archie's reflux ok again?

I have visions of a little train of field mice leaving Owl's place, with little knapsacks on their backs!

They haven't packed yet! Unlike with house mice, we don't hear them scurrying about because they are so tiny. I suppose a positive effect is that that have made me much tidier in the kitchen, wiping up all crumbs at once.

If I pop off, my friend Isobel gets Wispa. Isobel says she will do everything she can to encourage me to stay fit and healthy and avoid risks!

Lol, your friend Isobel sounds funny Owl.

That's a great idea about the card Suzeanna.

Marion, it's annoying when someone knows they have a mouse issue but won't actually deal with it.

Dinner was lovely, nightmare getting there but it should be 8.99 each plus 3.15 each for a drink...we paid 3.15 each, you could pile up as much food as you like

The sciatica is no worse but no better either thanks for asking Suzeanna. Archie seems to get the acid reflux on a weekly basis now but fingers crossed we have now gone about 10 days since his last attack. We are very careful about what we feed him and it does help.

Ruby rang the body shop about her car and they think it will ready by Wednesday next week. Its waiting to be painted now. So we wonder just what part needed replacing. It can only be the metal grid part under the bumper because otherwise if they replaced the bumper nothing would require painting.

Much less mouse activity last night, to judge by decrease in mess. Only one well 'ard squeaker ventured on to the draining board, and no one went anywhere near the repellent. The multi-mouse traps arrived this morning so any further squatters and raiders will get a lift in the car, all the way to the reserve.

• Like 1

Hope all the squeaky little visitors disappear for good Owl.

Is everyone else off having a life?

Went over to Glasgow for football today. Great game :) Was nice this morning so had some lovely walks with the dogs. Hopefully same again tomorrow.

Hope you're all having a good weekend xx

We had a busy week so had a quiet morning.

It has been a lovely autumn day today.

Then watched the Formula 1 qualifying followed by some heavy gardening. We grow a great crop of stones or rather large boulders. They charge a fortune for them in the garden centres.

Planted to jostaberry plants with the help of a garden fork, spade, pick and crowbar. Then had difficulty trying to remove a broom plant that had seeded in the clematis pot. I ended up cutting through the roots as I could not separate it from the solid mass of clematis roots.

I have planted it in the garden but will be surprised if it doesn't die.

Then I had to repot the clematis and water everything in.

My back was aching when I finished.

Tomorrow is forecast to be wet so that will help settle them in.