UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Tell Us About It

Jazz

Awwwww poor Archie, what about a little nightlight for the stairs? I think you can get battery operated ones

Hmmmm, have they updated you at all?? When my dad's z4 was smashed up by the valet airport parking lot, we were waiting ages for the car and it turns out that the hold up was lack of payment on their part

Builders are in again next door, had painkillers for my head ache

I am bored, already cooked my dinner lol

Ruby has called them a few times Griff. All they say is they are waiting for a part from Audi and really she should get on to her employers fleet for a temporary replacement car. She has explained to them that she is on sick leave so can't go demanding a replacement as she doesn't need to get to work but just wants her own car back for getting to appointments etc..

I have a headache today too but it's not down to noisy builders. What exactly are they doing next door? Are they in every day? It just seems to be taking a long time for whatever they are doing.

Good news on the hip appointment Jazz. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Battery or plug-in nightlight may be an idea for Archie.

I have found the remaining mouse route into the house and can do nothing about it. They are coming in along the mains water pipes. The space would be too small for the average house mouse but these tinies can squeeze in. Let's hope the electronic repellent works. I am also ordering a multi trap which I don't think they can disable. If I get several I will take them a long way away, perhaps to the reserve!

Owl, I had that but with have a gas pipe...I scrunched up tin foil and shoved that around it, not been in since! Apparently wire wool is supposedly good, not sure if that would help?

Yantan...they took a wall down and I think put it back up, knocked off all the plaster, ripped out kitchen, bathroom, electrics. They come in and start about 8am on a Tuesday...never here on a Monday... luckily it's my parents day off. Sometimes here until 3 but today, they came at 9.30 and I haven't heard a noise for an hour. Over the road, they knocked down an art deco house, levelled the site and cleared it and have nearly finished building 4flats....that's since about March

Edited by griff

Poor Archie. Cleo has difficulty coming down our stairs in the dark. It is an open staircase but she has no problem in daylight.

We need to put the light on and encourage her from the bottom.

My dallie used to walk down until the last three stairs then take a leap to the bottom.

We have tiles then have a glass partition and front door at the bottom. I had visions of him going through the glass partition.

When he got older we had to put a lamp on overnight in the kitchen , where he slept, as he started getting upset at night. With the lamp on he was fine.

These dogs are worse than the kids.

Hope you appointment goes well , Jazz, and the dogs are okay.

Could you put expanding foam in the hole where the mice are getting in?

We had them in the walls when we first moved in. I thought it was rats having a clog dance in the attic with the noise they made, We discovered they were getting in through a hole in the adjoining garage wall- the original 3foot thick stone wall of the black house ruin the house was converted from. We filled it with foam and that stopped them.

We still get them in the garage and they got in the car through a space round the hole in the bumper for the tow bar. They had eaten the dog biscuits that were in the rear door pocket and left the plastic bag in shreds.

Our neighbour has problems with them getting into the engine of his 4x4 and chewing through the wires.

One day I was pottering in the shed and got the feeling someone/thing was looking at me. I turned to the side and there was little face with beady eyes peeping out from a bag of straw. It looked at me for a while the slowly went back into straw where it had come from.

Next day the bag of straw was moving while i was working so I put it outside and ]eft mousey to go awandering. I now keep the shed door shut to avoid squatters.

My Dalmatian always alerted us when there was a mouse in the shed but the current two are not interested although Murphy is deadly to the voles that venture in the garden.

They did take exception to the hedgehog that was crossing the garden when they went out last thing last night.

• Like 1

Gosh the mousies are resourceful aren't they!

We are just going to leave the hall light on for The Archibald which illuminates the stairs. Good job I put a long lasting energy bulb in the light fitting.

I've been to physio, got to carry on with the exercise he showed me and to continue taking it easy for a while, but then start taking a daily walk every other day to build myself back up.

Came home to find norty Ruby standing in the kitchen doing the ironing.

My car has gone in to the garage round the corner for its annual service and MOT. Fingers crossed that all is well and it doesn't end up costing an arm and a leg!

Ruby is going to phone the vehicle repair place about her car today as it's still not back. Its been away for more than 2 weeks, I find that ridiculous for such minor damage. They could have returned it to her whilst they waited for the part to come in as it was roadworthy - I drove it to Newcastle and back after it was shunted. I wish I had thought of that beforehand and she could have put it to them! I am still highly suspicious that they are milking it because it's an insurance job.

merlin is in the vets. got to ring at 2.30

been shopping. i had £10 in vouchers, and the gift card from lewis for my birthday, so didnt cost anything

vet on the hill, had a dog that barked when the owners went out. just ignore him 15 minutes before and after you leave him. 2 weeks later, he wasnt barking. yea right!

Hope your car gets through the MOT Yantan and Ruby gets hers back soon. Would the insurers not give them a nudge if you ask them?

Fingers crossed Merlin is ok at the vets.

Griff I can't imagine being so bored I'd scrub tiles lol. Though mine in the kitchen do need doing. I'll get around to it sometime.....

Getting my haircut this afternoon then will have a mooch around town if the rain keeps off. I've got some vouchers too.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Eve the repairs have been arranged through Ruby's employers fleet provider as it's a company car. Ruby has no way of contacting them direct.

Hope you manage to get your hair cut and have that mooch around town.

Jazz I am sending positive vibes for Merlin's vet appointment.

Edited because I managed to delete part of a sentence as I pressed post.

Edited by Yantan

Marion, it honestly shouldn't affect the price of the repair the number of days they have it, it's all done by hours, basically, if an assessor deems a repair to take 1.5 hours, that's the "book" time and all you can charge is 1.5 hours of labour, if a part breaks in the process and you say need to drill out a bolt...that will have its own "book" time, if you can book 1.5hours and you complete in an hour, you still bill the 1.5 hours as that's the book time and you get the extra half hour as a bonus... probably doesn't make any sense lol

Eve... hope the haircut goes well.

Jazz,hope the vets o.k...and you are supposed to ignore the dog for a little bit before you go