UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Tell Us About It

Jazz

Our house has a one car width block paved drive and a dropped kerb. Trouble is the dropped kerb isn't in line with the paving! They are doing the pavements so taking the view that if you don't ask you don't get, I went and found the man in charge and said as they were ripping things up anyway any chance they could extend the dropped kerb? I did make it clear we can't afford the 1000 it should cost and I'm afraid I did play the cancer card. I see the kerbstones that were there are out so looks hopeful!

• Like 2

Thing is he's not on his own, there are about ten of them in total but he's the one doing the kerb stones for me. I think they are just about finished now at this part of the street..I can't get out to go for some money as there is nice new tarmac in front of all our houses, but when I can I'll go and get some and see if he'll take it. Just hope my neighbour isn't looking out of his window, he's a trouble maker of the first order and if he gets a sniff of something not quite right he'll be ringing the council.

Just go out Suzeanna,say you will be taking candy down the road and ask the guy to give you a couple of minutes and get him to pop down to you... hopefully nosy Parker won't see. That's the sort of thing my neighbour would do, but if it's for her... it's o.k

thats like my neighbour over luna barking. she knows im trying everything, even got help oil. she said it didnt work so i should get rid of her. i stood my ground. i hardly go out unless its doctors, she knows that, but ive been ill since she told me shes complained to my landlord. i know they shot her down, not the point. ive just seen the cats brought in a pigeon, shes been trying to shush it out. karma

just sorted out the cupboards. got food ive put on freecycle I wont use. got a bag of stuff out of date ill have to throw. freezer and food cupboard will be nearly empty when it goes

I've just seen a video of Champ running and playing football with his foster dad in their lovely garden :cheer: In less than a month he's turned around from the starving, dehydrated, near death bag of bones he was. He likes to stick close to his foster parents and is relishing all the love and kindness they are showing him. There is a long list of would-be adopters for him.

• Like 2

Oh dear Griff. I hope Deags is feeling better now. I woke up to the sound of Archie falling down the stairs! I think it was just the first 2 or 3 as he missed his footing in the dark. He was fine when I went down to check him over. He went out for a wee but had a poo in each room and hall of the downstairs after I went back to bed. Ruby discovered the trail when she got up.

It's turned pretty nippy here today. I am off to my first physio session for the sciatica this afternoon.

Ruby's car is still not back! It's been 2 weeks now.