UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Tell Us About It

Jazz

Griff, I can understand why people home school their children if that is what goes on.

It is horrendous what some dogs have been through. Wispa got off lightly in comparison, but she is very afraid of anyone who is drunk and would attack if they came near. She also hates any kind of arguing, even a friendly argument. A home with a single teetotaller suits her fine. She is ok visiting friends who have a glass of wine or beer with a meal, but if we are tracking and there is someone on the street who has had a few, we have to give them a wide berth.

Field mice #9 and #10 were ejected at 4 am this morning. Wispa woke me up to tell me they were rattling around in their traps. Good thing it was a fine dry night for me to go to far end of garden.

CLeo doesn't like shouting- even on the TV. She is the same if I shout up the stairs to JIm.

She is frightened by a door banging and was terrified of the clicker. The first time I clicked it she bolted out of the room crouched with her tail along her belly and her ears flat.

She is not so bad now as she is used to the trafficator in the car clicking. which often means we are turning into the beach.

She is a golden retriever/ GSD who was handed in at 2 years old with 11 9 week old pups. The owner was ill and could not cope anymore.

Murphy's mum was pedigree golden retriever. She had two collie cross pups and her owner took her and the 4 week old pups to the pound. The old myth of if a pedigree gives birth to crosses she will always give birth to crosses!

Dogs handed into the pound get two hours to be rehomed and then are PTS. Mum was killed although the pound knew the rescue were on their way to collect her and her pups. The pups were ready to be PTS when the rescue managed to get them.

I couldn't work at the sharp end of rescue. It would make me ill.

I am glad there are those who can go into pounds etc and save lives.

hugo is scared of going outside. being in a pen his whole life has done that, but he plays all day with luna. he will go through a doorway with me which was a big thing he couldnt do. still wont do his last wees with the rest at 9pm, but prefers 1am.

harry potter is on, and STRICTLY in a minute

im not going out with david on Monday, wait till my eye is better

blackmagic that's dreadful about Murphy's mum :mecry:

Ruby has done too much today. She was feeling good and decided to get the bus to her art group. Two of the other members gave her a lift back into town but she took them to the pencil museum to buy some pencils with her discount and they had a look around and a cuppa there before they dropped her off at home. She was out from just after 10am until gone 4pm. It's hit her tonight, she's weary and more than a little sore. I've told her to learn a lesson from this. There is a reason the surgeon warned her to take at least 6 weeks off work and said she'd probably need even more than that. She's away to bed just now.

Jazz are you recording one and watching tuther? What way round did you plump for?

Am I the only non Harry Potter fan in the world? It seems like everyone but me likes the books and films.

I am settled in with The Last Night Of The Proms :bigsmiley:

Marion..not much fussed by Harry potter and would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch strictly lol.. Steve loves it, won't answer the phone when it's onand when he's at work you can't mention it anywhere near him lol

Oh dear, poor Ruby....so easily done, hopefully if she rests up next few days she won't be any worse off

I am watching that program on ballymurphy... terrible.

Jazz, how is your eye feeling now??

Edited by griff

My cousin is crazy about Harry potter, been to potter world, has all manner of stuff relating to Harry potter and keeps trying to get me to find out what house I am in! I have seen all of them once, some more than once but I don't really "get" it. Nice for people who enjoy it though.

yes, ive been to potter world, got some potter stuff. read the books and seen the first 5 films till I know the words. takes me away from my life. but never seen friends, game of thrones, star wars

im using the cream 6 times a day. it relieves the pain for half an hour each time. ill take it. its killing me and cant see properly out of it.

tell ruby to rest, or we will come and sit on her lol

Just spotted the sparrowhawk in our garden. He or she seems to arrive about this time every year.

I think people who grew up with Harry Potter tend to like the franchise as adults in the way us older beings still recall things like The Famous Five & The Chalet School books etc. with fondness.

You are having quite a time there with the field mice Owl. I hope there's not too many more.

Ouchy Jazz, I hope your eye gets better quickly.

Ruby took Archie for a short walk today but is otherwise having an easy day. Archie is fast asleep on his sofa.

Grey skies and rain seems to be the order of the day here.

Back home in Dunoon. Journey not too bad and dogs were brilliant. It's such a long journey for them but they're so good. Tiring for them though and they're all crashed out now. A lot colder and wetter here but nice to be home.

Just catching up with all you've been up to. Hope Ruby recovers after overdoing it. Totally understand why she did though and I'm sure she'll learn from it.

Do you think you've got all the field mice now Owl? I love them but agree not in the house. Don't think they'd survive Nick though. He's a better mouser than any cat and I'd hate for them to be hurt.

Hope your eye is better soon Jazz.

Not interested in Harry Potter either. Not sure why, but never fancied it.

Did the stone circle get finished Griff? You seem to spend all your time helping out family and friends.

Sorry if I missed anyone out, will hopefully catch up properly tomorrow. Have a lovely evening everyone xx

• Like 1