UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

Try not to nap today Suzeanna because then you might sleep better tonight. Life long insomniac here.

I got a Tesco delivery earlier. It came at the beginning of the slot so I decided I had time to get Archie out for a short walk whilst Ruby was still in surgery. He was very slow at walking so I think I'll cut tomorrow's walk out to give him a rest. We've been back about a half hour so didn't miss the call. It should be coming sometime soon as I recall the surgeon saying it would take something in the region of 3 hours but could go longer.

Got everything crossed here Marion, awww bless Archie, my vet is aware that mine go once a day when I am well and not at all if I am ill or they are, dogs can be just as happy chilling at home, I remember with Diesel at the end, it used to take me half an hour to do a five minute walk, sometimes she couldn't be bothered

Suzeanna, yeah I see that all the time too

My bloody neighbour! He's having a new fence put in, lord know why as there's nothing wrong with the one there already. I went into the garden and found they've sawn down my big cotoneaster, "because the roots were in the way of where we want the fence post." Well, thanks for saying something first or even just cutting those roots back! If they touch anything else...like my Californian lilac...there is going to be trouble. I'm not in the best mood, tired and hurting, and lugging branches up the garden hasn't improved it.

Gawd Suzeanna, neighbours can be such a pain...mine has turned into a royal d#ck....I have blocked her on WhatsApp as I can't be bothered anymore, if I had to bite my tongue any harder it would be in half!

Errrrmmm just a thought, I assume the plant was in your garden? That's criminal damage then...they have destroyed property that belongs to you. I know you aren't very well and you don't need it but its ashame they hadn't done it to me...I am quite good at giving people what for now lol. I was talking to my mum the other day and she said she has seen a massive change in me, I have always been short tempered but now I am in kill mode after 5seconds lol

• Like 2

Yes, definitely in mine, it wasn't even overhanging his! Some of the willow on my side is and I can see they are cutting that back, but if anything else gets taken down, he might find I'm not such a quiet person as he imagines. He's a little bloke, ex miner, lived in this road all his life and thinks he owns it! Doesn't even own his own house, it's council.

• Like 1

Suzeanna that's not feckin on! We once had the owner of a block of holiday flats, that were next to our then house, cut down a buddliea on our property and which had been planted over the graves of 2 beloved family dogs, just to improve the view for his visitors. I went bloody bonkers! He was always very careful around me after that having seen me go from nought to bitch in 1.3 seconds. Oooh I am still mad at the thought of this.

Ruby is out of surgery, the surgeon rang about 1.30 to let me know that she was just coming round in recovery. All went to plan, he was able to do it all by keyhole. The pathology report on the tumour is still in the pipeline. Providing she is not feeling too fragile he thinks Ruby will be good to come home on Saturday. YAY!!

Edited to remove an errant "n" LOL!

Edited by Yantan

Nah Suzeanna.... they really shouldn't be doing that, I have been very hesitant in saying stuff as I know I can't keep my temper, but now I am awaiting yet another visit from the police on behalf of my dad...I am now thinking why not lol

Awwww Marion... brilliant, honestly feel much better recovering at home myself and it's easier for visitors when she feels up to them.

im glad im detached, had too much trouble with neighbours in the past

they didnt have any tins of dog food in, but got a load of complete, and carrier bags of treats. i bought my friend coffee, and gave her 7 packs of puppy pads as a thank you for taking me, ooo and the bones from the butcher. doesnt take much to make us happy

im glad shes out of surgery xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Like 2

Lol...was supposed to be painting the kitchen... can't do it with them here as my dad gets under my feet and mum keeps wanting to cook, bought the bloody stuff to do it today as well

Ahhhh well, will go p*ss Steve off for a day and just avoid them for the rest

Great news about Ruby, Yantan. Will you go to visit her, or just wait until she can come home? Hopefully the pathology report will come quickly and be clear that they have everything with no spread.

Tell your parents to get a takeaway Griff, and ban your dad from the kitchen, or are you scared your mum will take one look at the colour and go NO WAY!?

• Like 2

Lol...she chose the colour Suzeanna. My dad winds me up as he reckons you have to empty the whole room...I don't do that, I just clear enough space and that's good enough...it always looks fine, saves half a day of humping stuff about..... plus he will be in and out making tea and just generally annoying me

Edited by griff
  • Like 1

Great news about Ruby, Yantan. Will you go to visit her, or just wait until she can come home? Hopefully the pathology report will come quickly and be clear that they have everything with no spread.

Ruby said not to visit as it's 2 hours there, 2 hours back plus the length of the visit and it's too long to leave Archie alone. If something goes amiss, for whatever reason, and it looks like she will be in for more than 3 or 4 days I will go visiting. She has her audible books, a paper back, a puzzler, iPad, phone and bedside tv so she has plenty of stuff to keep her occupied. I also suspect that for the rest of today and tomorrow she could well be sleepy from the anaesthesia - she loves her sleep at the best of times so I wouldn't be surprised to find she's sleeping a lot whilst she's in.

We've got some noisy families staying in holiday homes on our street this week. I'm hoping they are all buggering off tomorrow.

I'm sad that Aretha Franklin has died, I have loved her voice since I was a young teenager.

• Like 1

Ruby's awake and texting. I should have told the surgeon to surgically remove her from her phone! I bet she's on bloody Facebook right now! Anyway her text to me was to tell me she was awake and awaiting the arrival of a cup of tea and a couple of rounds of toast. The surgeon is going to see her a little later.

• Like 1