UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Original Orations

snow

have you any gaps in the kitchen? my friend could smell something in the kitchen, her old cat had got behind the cupboard somehow and was messing there. your one might have hidden something there

just found I had £41 to spend in sainsburys, so just done my shop there. a few things I couldn't get, so will get them elsewhere, but a months shopping ended up me paying £25, so happy there

the shed door has dropped, so having trouble opening it. what would work, a metal file? I cant get the door off, so has to be me bending down and doing it

Can your son not take it off for you Jazz? Don't know how to fix it without taking it off and resiting it.

We took Candy to the vet late afternoon and after a very thorough examination Jane declared her hips are great, her patella won't slip no matter what position and she is of the opinion she has a strain to the ligament but not a tear thank heavens. Candy was really good...not a wriggle or a whimper whilst her legs were being pulled out behind her etc, she just kept looking over her shoulder as if to say who the heck are you, and what the heck are you doing? Gave Jane a good wash when she finished. She's advised rest for a couple of days and metacam for a week just to take down any inflammation. I mentioned the insurance..or lack of at present...and she said she'll write it up as a slight strain.

• Like 2

Glad Candy is ok :flowers:

Could you not put your foot under the shed door to lift it as you open it? Blue's stable door has dropped, so I just lift it up a bit with my foot as I open it.

Day off today - so of course I woke up at 8.15 :rolleyes: Just went downstairs though and chilled on the sofa in my pyjamas though, finished my NHS mandatory training, so that's done for another year :)

Pleased Candy is o.k

The only thing i could think of Merledogs is maybe a mouse dying down the back of a cabinet???....mind it stinks to high heaven when one does die, we had a rat die under the floorboards...omg the smell!!!!

Jazz, the door will need to come off and be refitted now the shed has settled or the bottom will want trimming and the only way to do it is really to get the door off...have you got a handy neighbour?

Jayne, pleased your training is finished, how are you finding things? hope you are enjoying it and it isn't too much pressure

Afternoon Lol....i am late!

Had some horrid news off steve this morning, one of the drivers on our bus that i know pretty well has died, he was diagnosed with cancer around 3 months ago and Steve rung me this morning to tell me that sadly he had died...he was o.k last week, was so very kind and helpful to me

At least you can do it Owl...my crawling days are over, can't put any pressure on my left knee so I can't kneel down!

So sorry for that man's family Griff, but better for him if he couldn't be cured that he didn't suffer for long.

Philip's back to work today after two weeks holiday, and he'd only been back to work for two weeks before that after having six weeks off with his eye problem. It's going to be odd being on my own again. Well, alone apart from a small shadow following my every move, that is! I don't know if this is normal behaviour for Candy or if it will wear off once she feels really secure and that this is her forever home now. Trouble is she's so quick and quiet I don't realise she's right by my feet until I trip over her!