UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Original Orations

snow

That's both good and interesting to know Suzeanna. A neighbour is just getting over breast cancer, which they found early thank goodness. and she's undergone her radiotherapy or I would have told her about this.

It's a super, super day here weather wise, even if there is a definite chill to the air.

I wonder how Owl and Wispa are doing tracking the little Westie?

thanks for that info Suzeanna...that should be mentioned before every session you have in my opinion!

Yantan, yep, octavio and murillo.....they are portugese/brazillian descent it was all explained to me meanings etc but i got drunk the same time lol

• Like 1

I saw a tv programme last week about a woman who had survived breast cancer wanting to help someone else in the same position.

It was mentioned in that programme about a woman whose heart had been affected by the radiotherapy.

Good that you have not slipped out of the system, Suzeanna. I have been advised to continue regular mammograms as I have a fibro... something which is not malignant and shouldn't become so. I will have to request it as I am over the age to be called for one.

Griff, no matter how long we have our pets it is never long enough and we are never ready to let them go.Hope Dex has more years to enjoy.

I saw that on FB Owl...what a lucky dog, if he hadn't seen her the outcome would have been tragedy for her owner.

On Good Morning Britain this morning, they were discussing the number of councils who are banning dogs offlead in parks and banning altogether in some places. The editor of K9 magazine was talking and he said if they would stick to the law as it stands that wouldn't be necessary, but too many people don't pick up after their dogs and don't realise that a dog doesn't have to attack someone for you to be counted as having a dog dangerously out of control, it just needs to make someone frightened. I must confess when we were walking Candy on the park this morning before Philip went to work, chucking her ball for her, a big young lab came barrelling towards us and I got behind Philip, I was scared she was going to collide with me. If I had been someone who was afraid of dogs, the owner could have been in big trouble. A few years back a woman down the road from us was knocked flying on the field by a big offlead dog, he smashed her kneecap and she took ages to recover, it's made me rather nervous of bigger dogs bearing down on me at speed! The lab (Molly, by the bellowing from her owner which she was ignoring) was very friendly, especially so when she realised Philip had treats in his pocket but I'd rather not meet her again.

It infuriates me when other dog owners don't tow the line Suzeanna. They are going end up spoiling it for the rest of us as I seem to be continually pointing out to the dog owners here who insist on letting their dogs run loose in the more formal part of our local park, where dogs are required to be on a lead. They only have to pass under the bridge to the other side of the park where there are no restrictions on dogs. But no, they continue letting their dogs run onto the bowling greens and into the carefully tended bushes and plants. I will not be surprised when the council end up banning dogs in both sides.

We were out early this morning as it looks like the day might not be so nice. We met a lovely lady with a giant schnauzer who was just a fabulous girlie.

Good luck with the hospital appt. Jazz.

Blackmagic, would that have been going back giving back?? i have caught a couple of those

Suzeanna, apparently your dog barking is enough to get you done under the dangerous dogs act!

Owl, lucky little dog

The twins are home!!! thankfully i didn't try and get to the hospital on the buses yesterday as it would have been around 2 hours there, 2 hours back and a wasted visit Lol

That's a worrying thought Griff, Candy for reasons no doubt rooted in her past dislikes/fears small boys and barks quite ferociously if one comes anywhere near her! She's fine with older boys and little girls though. Will you go and see the twins now they are home?

Blackmagic, is the thing you've got what is commonly called a breast mouse? It sort of moves around if you manipulate it? My daughter has one..or had, don't know if she still has, but she hasn't been told she needs mammograms more regularly that the three years or whatever it is at the moment.

Hope the hospital visit goes ok, Jazz.

Errrrm, we won't be allowed to visit for a little while, Flav had a cesearean and she has been told that with having twins it is very important that she tries to get into a routine asap...makes sense and if she is trying to do that she won't want people trotting in and out all day, i am sure when they feel up to it they will be over at the club and the babies will be passed round everyone Lol ...well except me..i won't touch them until they are at least 2 Lol

Glad the twins are home :)

I love giant schnauzers. Mum and dad always said they would like a giant as their next dog. Ted is such a big personality as a mini schnauzer, they have said they would love a big Ted :wub:

Can't remember if I said that one of the nurses at work had been a bit off with me when I first started my new job. But anyway, after I saw the horrid woman (who complained about me and demanded my boss ring her back - and then doesn't answer the phone when he rings her!), she warmed to me. Today she sent me a Facebook friend request :) I'm getting there with her :biggrin: I'm still loving my new job, am even thinking of asking to go full time once I've got my teeth straightened :)

• Like 1

What a dark horrible morning. Yak. I'm glad it's a DW day so I don't need to take Archie out.

It's Evie's birthday tomorrow. She's 4. I can't believe how fast that's gone in. I've sent her a box of goodies which include a tiara and sparkly wand, vegan sweeties and a couple of books one of which is entitled Princess Evie's Ponies. Oh and she's getting a little brother or sister next year!