UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jesting Jollies

Jazz

shes not answering to any name. ill get the girls name list and try each that I like lol

she loves the builder. not been like that with me. she will come round when she wants feeding lol

the kitchen is finished, looks nice. hes making the ramp less steep now

Am doing my shopping on the way home - as I am backpacking around a bit, I didn't want to carry a whole heap of shopping with me too :laugh: My backpack and scuba gear are heavy enough :laugh:

Am in my first night's accommodation - the host has made me a brew and fed me some Bombay mix. It's like a mini house separate from his house. It's pretty cool actually :)

Thanks for the advice Blackmagic...our hearts say get another dog, but our heads say no. We've got history of listening to our hearts rather than our heads, and it hasn't always ended well so unless she seems really down for a long time, I think one dog will be it for us. Cost plays a big part, to be honest, and the fact we aren't getting any younger, and at risk of sounding melodramatic my blood problem and the fact the consultant told me the type of breast tumour I had is known for appearing on the other side mean I'm not likely to totter on into my eighties. I couldn't take an oldie, the heartache of losing it would be too much, and a pup would probably outlive me so Rosie will have to make friends with the hamster (mind you, I think he's on his last legs, bless him.)

One thing Rosie has started doing which really puzzles me, after she's had a drink of water, she scratches up with her back feet the way they do when they've toiletted. She never used to do that...anyone else's dogs do it? I'm worried that her struggling for breath the other night caused some brain damage, but OH thinks she'd be worse than she is if that was the case. She is sleeping an awful lot, but I've found something that she'll eat, good old Chappie complete.

Thanks for the advice Blackmagic...our hearts say get another dog, but our heads say no. We've got history of listening to our hearts rather than our heads, and it hasn't always ended well so unless she seems really down for a long time, I think one dog will be it for us. Cost plays a big part, to be honest, and the fact we aren't getting any younger, and at risk of sounding melodramatic my blood problem and the fact the consultant told me the type of breast tumour I had is known for appearing on the other side mean I'm not likely to totter on into my eighties. I couldn't take an oldie, the heartache of losing it would be too much, and a pup would probably outlive me so Rosie will have to make friends with the hamster (mind you, I think he's on his last legs, bless him.)

One thing Rosie has started doing which really puzzles me, after she's had a drink of water, she scratches up with her back feet the way they do when they've toiletted. She never used to do that...anyone else's dogs do it? I'm worried that her struggling for breath the other night caused some brain damage, but OH thinks she'd be worse than she is if that was the case. She is sleeping an awful lot, but I've found something that she'll eat, good old Chappie complete.

Scratching with the back feet is to leave scent from glands in the feet,

Perhaps she is a bit insecure after losing Dylan and then being in kennels- both a big change in her routine.

Maybe a few drops of rescue remedy in her water would help her. Wouldn't do her any harm but get the one for animals as it doesn't have alcohol in it.

They do know how to worry us.

We've been to the vet for their annual boosters. On the plus side they've all lost several kilos since last year. On the down side they've all got the beginnings of cataracts :( She said she was worried about Timmy - he has a pointy skull and it's really pronounced now he's lost weight. Otherwise his weight is perfect. She said to go back and weigh him in about a month, but not to change the amount of food in between. She wants to check he's not losing weight for any other reason, just to be on the safe side. I think Taffy still needs to lose a few pounds, as does Beau, but they'll shift that soon enough.

Hope Rosie is feeling better soon :flowers:

Hope Timmy doesn't lose any more weight :GroupHug: Don't worry too much about cataracts, most oldies get them - it's caused by the UV light from the sun making the lens in the eye go thicker and hazy :flowers:

Am off to see the Temple of the Tooth this evening. Have had a nosy through my rough guide to see what it's about. Then going to have a meal out in Kandy :)

Have had a lovely day today though - my villa in Kandy is amazing, so have spent the day lounging by my private pool. Heard a noise before, looked up and there was a monkey looking at me :laugh: Sri Lanka is really an amazing place - this villa is costing me £25 a night! The people are great too - got my backpack stuck whilst going through a door this morning at the train station - about 3 blokes helped me get unstuck :laugh: :rolleyes: