UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jesting Jollies

Jazz

Your poor brother, not a nice thing on his birthday (poor Bart too of course.)

Beau hadn't appeared at all last evening, so OH investigated and found him curled up in his bed, cold and stiff. I must confess to crying over his little body. We buried him in the garden next to Sophie cat. I cleaned out and disinfected his cage this morning and put all new bedding in and we went to Pets at Home to get some bits for the cats and just to look at the hamsters. Um. We now have a new boy...a dark golden we're going to call Rossi (after the moto gp champ, not Jonathan Ross, I can't stand him.)

Photos taken of house by estate agent. Energy efficiency man came and measured stuff. First viewer came but I think they wanted a south facing garden and this is south east. Have been buzzing round this morning, panicking a bit, now can relax.

I never have been able to understand why people put so much importance on which way a garden faces...I think ours faces..um....east? I'm dreadful with direction! All I know is you can see the sun rising from the back bedroom windows. Some parts of the garden get sun at some times of the day, other parts at others but I would never discount a house I liked just because the garden wasn't right. Ideally I'd like a house with a walk in shower, or an ensuite for the main bedroom, but don't have either of those. We do have two loos, but one is outside and usually has at least one resident spider! I remember when I was little, our two up two down in a small Yorkshire coastal village had no bathroom at all, we had a tin bath and the loo was down the garden, in the dark. Ee by gum, they have it easy these days!

Seriously Owl, I hope you sell it for the price you want, but not so quickly that you don't have chance to find the house you want.

Evening all

Griff I hope you are okay my dear

I can't remember if I bored you all with tales of my knackered knee which got better after physiotherapy but got worse again when a certain squirrel stopped doing the exercises she was told to do because and I quote my stupid self here " I am too busy and its not hurting anymore"

My advice to anyone who has a physio is don't be a silly squirrel and do your flipping exercises because round 2 of this is leaving me weeping like a big girls blouse ! 2 sessions a week of Myofascial release which sounds lovely but in reality involves a charming and tiny yet surprising powerful Sri Lanka lady sticking dry needles in my thighs and stretching my muscles until she produces real tears from me . I have graduated from torture sessions alone now and from last Saturday I also have 2 sessions a week of Pilates a week with her which are much nicer and seem to be the reward for all the needles and muscle stretching.

I am now being a very sensible squirrel and doing as I am bloody well told

Owl hows your knee now ?

Jazz hows your wrist pain ? did you look at the Turmeric links I posted

​Jayne will be here in a few days which is lovely :)