UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jesting Jollies

Jazz

not at all

ive had one friend say im ill so I shouldn't have any more, or what ive got, only because she cares. but they are what keep me going. I honestly would have killed myself a long time ago.

im into the mind, lifes too short, so be happy. from what ive heard of her, shes going to be the same character as fellow yorkie merlin. 2 OCDers in the house lol

merlin and jerry are going to the groomers. jerry hasn't been without mouse before, and mouse will go mad without them, think ill say take her to have her nails done just so shes with them

• Like 1

Exciting plans, Yantan! We've been lucky enough to never have had a mortgage, my mother left me her cottage when she died, the money from that paid for a bungalow up here for cash with some over, then we sold that and bought this house outright. All the leftover seems to have left now, sadly!

I had to look up my pet insurance as I changed this year and yes, they do have an online vet thing, but thankfully Rosie is back to normal now. She slept most of yesterday (and seems to be planning on the same today), but all the swelling has gone and she isn't frantically scratching on everything.

My next door but one neighbour lost her little old dog to cancer the other week, OH saw her this morning and she called him and showed him their new arrival, a cocker x yorkie, 8 weeks old. He says it's very cute. I just hope she didn't pay for it as some type of "designer" dog!

Good to hear Rosie is back to her old self Suzeanna. I hate this market for designer dogs. We have friends who bought a Cockerpoo and paid an amazing amount of money to do so. I asked them why would they pay so much for a mongrel dog and why didn't they get a rescue when there are so many dogs needing a good home. They didn't want a rescue because "they didn't want someone else's problem dog" which is the way some people view rescue dogs unfortunately. I told them Archie was a rescue dog as was George and we certainly didn't get any problems with them. Truth to tell though they probably would have been turned down by a rescue as unsuitable to have a puppy so I didn't labour the point.

My riding instructor bought a puppy a few months ago. She is a cavpoochon :unsure: :rolleyes: When she told me, I replied 'oh, so you are getting an expensive mongrel then'. She paid £600 for it :( She is very cute though.

Just had an email from Emirates offering me a chance to upgrade to business for £450 just for one flight. I would love to fly business, but £450 just for one flight, am not doing it.

I agree Jazz. No one knows their life plan so do what makes you happy.

It's hot and toasty in Romania but very pretty even if I have the wrong clothes totally! Makes me realise I do need some proper summer clothes.

Glad the people put the dog first Mary :)

Went round to mum and dad's today and it turned out that my brother was off and had already walked them, but he told me that mum was in a&e with severe back pain and dad was with her. She got taken off in an ambulance and everything. I feel really guilty now as my phone was ringing downstairs this morning whilst I was still in bed and I ignored it. She's home now, they think she's slipped a disc or torn a muscle in her back. As we were all there though, we decided to scatter Charlie's ashes as it was such a nice sunny day. Mum and dad had bought a plant for him, we decided to put him in a terracotta plant as he loved lying in the sun with you, so we can move him around so he's in the sunshine :) Dad wanted to do it last Saturday, but my brother's fiancé was there and we don't get on and she never liked Charlie anyway, so I said I didn't want to do it then. Today it was just perfect. The sun was shining, there was just the 4 of us and it felt right. After, my brother admitted that his fiancé wanted to be there. Don't know why though.

• Like 1

Thanks Alex :)

Just had my Bootcamp weigh in. I've lost 5lb over the last 4 weeks. I've also lost 15cm off my waist, 3cm off my hips and 1cm off my arms. Am so proud of myself for sticking to clean eating (except on Tuesday when we went out for a meal!). I've trained less, had more quality time to do what I want to do after work, but still lost weight and improved on my strength :biggrin: Yesterday I did a new personal best on my back squat - I squatted with 57.5kg on my back. Which is my weight now :biggrin:

• Like 2

Well done Jayne.

I was worried about what we were going to do with Archie when we go to New York but our lovely dog walker offered to have him stay with her. Yay! I suggested that he has a stay-over with her to make sure both she and he are happy and then have a couple of day care sessions to get him used to being with her all day so we are going to make that happen. Archie loves her to bits and makes such a fuss of her when she comes for him which tells us all we need to know.