UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jesting Jollies

Jazz

I've been painting gates. Of course in true Alex style I've managed to drop the tin of paint :mad: It went everywhere, all over the paving and I spent an hour with a scrubbing brush and hose scrubbing it clean. The tin I bought wasn't big enough to give two coats on both sides in any case, so I'm going to have to go back and buy more. I'm a feckin' idiot.

Oh noooooo Alex, nightmare.

I am very impressed with how cheap travel is in Sri Lanka. Today I have travelled from Kandy to Trincomalee by bus. It took 6 hours. It cost me £2. The only reason it was £2 and not £1 was because I had to buy an extra ticket for my bags :laugh:

It cost me more to travel from Trincomalee to my hotel by tuktuk than it did to travel there in the first place!

Not quite sure where I can eat yet at this hotel. Not seen anywhere that looks foody and it's a bit isolated :unsure:

Hope you are pleased with Honey's groom Jazz :)

she was highly stressed having it done. shes shredded the groomers arm clinging onto her in fear

I feel so sorry for honey, but it had to be done.

im going to the doctors soon, so will leave her for the first time

Aw well done Honey. Hopefully she'll realise it was all good for her.

Good luck on the food front Jayne.

I am waiting for my next train...and have changed into shorts. It's very warm here and I was melting in my jeans. I forgot to shave my legs or bring a razor...so will be making a pharmacy stop at some point!!

Oops Alex, hope you managed to clean it all and paint it xx

Has Griff been here lately? I haven't noticed her. I do hope things are OK with her.

I was just thnking that last night. I hope everything is okay.

Wet and very windy today. Definitely not July weather. It's hard to believe yesterday was a lovely summer's day.

I've just had my renewal from NCL for Cleo. I am pleasantly surprised that it is £26 per month.

She has had a cruciate repair. If the other one goes ( 60% chance) it wouldn't be covered by another company.

Petplan want £33 per month and Tesco £14 per month but niether would cover any cruciate related problems in future.

So while it is £10 per month more than last year with AXA I think we will stay with them.

Hope Griff appears soon :unsure:

Glad you got some bags Marion - the Tripp ones are fab and good quality too :)

I have found some beer. Life is good again :laugh: Have been out diving this morning, we went to Pigeon Island and saw turtles. We also snorkelled there in the shallower areas. It was really sad to see other tourists just standing up on the coral. As a diver we are taught to never touch the coral with our hoses/camera/dive computer as any touch can kill it. So to see people standing up on it is worrying :unsure:

Just thought, I think Louise BT is friends with griff on Facebook. I am friends with Louise. I'll message her to see if she knows if she's ok :)

• Like 1