UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jesting Jollies

Jazz

Hello July :)

I am back in the warm room again :rolleyes: An extra optom arrived they weren't expecting, he's an old friend and was in a long sleeved shirt, I am in a dress with capped sleeves. So I volunteered to go in the oven again. We might swap at lunchtime though :)

I slept really well despite the heat. I am chuffed about that :)

Took Archie out around 8.15am for an hour. We took a nicely shaded route down the old railway line but the heat was sapping. I was glad to get home.

Archie has set up camp out in the garden. He has his nice squishy bed to lounge on, a big bowl full of cold water, his plant pots to play with and a filled bone. Both front doors are open so he can come and go as he likes. When I went to lock up last night I found him still out there fast asleep!

Jayne can they not go out and buy a fan for goodness sake? They have a duty of care to their employees under health and safety legislation after all. There is a great deal of bumpf in the legislation but here are a couple of paragraphs pertaining to working in temperatures.

"During working hours, the temperature in all workplaces inside buildings shall be reasonable."

"The temperature in workrooms should provide reasonable comfort without the need for special clothing. Where such a temperature is impractical because of hot or cold processes, all reasonable steps should be taken to achieve a temperature which is as close as possible to comfortable. 'Workroom' means a room where people normally work for more than short periods."

Where the temperature in a workroom would otherwise be uncomfortably high, for example because of hot processes or the design of the building, all reasonable steps should be taken to achieve a reasonably comfortable temperature, for example by:

• insulating hot plants or pipes;
  • providing air-cooling plant;
  • shading windows;
  • siting workstations away from places subject to radiant heat.

Where a reasonably comfortable temperature cannot be achieved throughout a workroom, local cooling should be provided. In extremely hot weather fans and increased ventilation may be used instead of local cooling.

There's loads of info on the net if you Google HSE (Health and Safety Executive.)

It's started getting rather grey here and the humidity has increased. Possible thunderstorm later :shrug:

We had a temperature of 27 degrees yesterday and today it is 25.5, but with nice breeze.

Murphy went to the 'poodle parlour' this morning for a shampoo, blast dry to get all the dead hair out and then a trim.

Being black and heavy coated- a golden retriever/collie cross- he cannot take the heat. He looks years younger with all the fuzz gone and his coat nicely trimmed.

He still has his wavy coat, just less of it.

Have bought some bedding plants for the garden and for tubs. Just got to find the energy to go and plant them.

Everything here is 3-4 weeks behing normal due to the persistent damp. cold we have had up until now. Last Monday we had 9 degrees top during the day- yesterday it was 27!

a lady on a disabled dog site, has put on her wall what im looking for. im getting offered dogs on chains abroad, all sorts. they arnt getting the 'teeny tiny' part of it. I don't want to be nasty and say I don't want that type, but I want a dog that's in a home and in the UK, don't want to wait 6 weeks. I don't mind if they have come from abroad and are being fostered, I want the dog assessed. so many are being sent back that were street dogs, put in a kennel and brought over and put in homes.

I don't want to start an argument, every one has their own opinion, but its what I want.

another rescue has offered me a dog, looks lovely, but they have gone, don't know when they will be back to answer my questions

Owl that's terrible and hope he heals well and quickly and his assailant gets a deserved outcome. And also thank you to him for giving the guy his litter back. I always want to do this but am scared of the repercussions. So I applaud his actions xxx

It has been up to 39 on our thermometer today and the poor thick long haired black cats have been searching out their shady areas. Cocoas is back in our wash basket...at least it's the dirty clothes he likes to sleep amongst!!

Hope you can find a dog you like and that is suitable for your household Jazz xx

I have just ordered a pet cooling may for butter I hope he likes it rather than lying on top of me as a long haired, large black cat is rather suffocating! I think he is just trying to show me what it's like to have a big fur coat! Poor thing x

Ooh, where have some of the posts gone? I assume this is something to do with the upgrade :unsure:

Remember how I was having problems with the tax office, my student loan and them telling me that I owe £1500 instead of £379? Anyway, I thought I had it all sorted out, but they keep getting letters from the tax office, threatening me with bailiffs etc :unsure: I had been warned this might happen by the man at the tax office and he told me to ignore them. As it's only a week till I go to Sri Lanka, I don't want to get home and find the bailiffs have been and all my stuff gone. I phoned them again today, spent ages on the phone being passed around different departments. Turns out the department I actually need to speak to only work Monday to Friday :rolleyes: So the guy who I ended up speaking to told me he would get them to contact me before I go. If it was only a couple of hundred quid more they want, I'd pay it and wait for the refund. But I don't have £1100 to give them on top of the £2500 they want at the end of the month! My accountant thinks I should pay it and just deal with it (it's ok for her - she had a lottery win, endowment policy and work tribunal settlement all hit her bank at the same time, so she can afford to pay out £1100 and wait to get it back!). I need this sorting, so hopefully they will get it sorted this week - I don't want to be worrying about what is going on whilst I am away :(

Moaning :tired:

Jayne - hope you manage to get it sorted. Make sure you get it confirmed in writing how much you owe them. I've had this done to me a couple of times by incompetent companies (including Virgin Media) who I didn't owe any money to. The second time it happened I made them confirm in writing so the next time I got a letter from a debt collector I sent them a copy of the letter (recorded delivery) and told them to sort it with the company.

Oohh how odd....

I've had a pretty rubbish week, apart from trying to deal with loosing my beautiful old Diesel dog I've been battling a conscience.... just before I lost him he had an altercation with another dog.. as in off lead dog, no recall, across a field pounding onto D's back trying to hump him... owner called him once then gave up, I had to keep removing dog off him and shoving away, then it kept trying to hump teeny Holly dog.... owner finally caught up with me over 5 mins later by which time id walked from fields and was in middle of housing estate... Anyhow I spoke to the vet the day I lost my lad and said im sure what ever happened then had added to what ever had happened resulting in me loosing D, she'd seen him just before so noticed the massive change in his back end etc and some other bits.. I wasn't sure the breed of other dog tho I thought anatonian shep or leonbergh.... and young so not a little light dog.... So I bit the bullet and spoke to the local dog warden Thursday, i'd looked for 3 weeks for the owner for a friendly chat and couldn't find him, warden is mortified... under new DDA it would be a possible prosecution as it was out of control in public place etc but I asked if he could attempt to locate owner and educate him which he agreed.... then a few hours later out with Ed and Holly, bumped straight into same blokie, same thing happened... explained what had happened to D, first he tried denying it was him, then denied his dog and he had ever seen me and wanted proof so I showed him the pic id taken with my mobile... guy is so so dim and thinks because the dog isn't aggressive it can do as it likes, approach who it likes etc.... ironically many locals have now approached and have had same issues with it.... So I asked him age and breed of his dog...

8 month old... gsd x Pyrenean mountain dog... so you can just imagine :confused02: .. oh and they are debating another dog for him to *play* with and are looking at a gsd from local guy who breeds working stock which mostly go abroad to afgan etc as explosive detection dogs...

Needless to say warden will now be paying a visit and explaining some things but I am not holding my breathe... last thing I can do for Diesel is try and get this man some sort of sense knocked into him... his dog will end up dead at this rate, makes me angry and sad all in 1