UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jesting Jollies

Jazz

Done my run. It was brilliant! Had a great time, got mega muddy and raised loads of money for cancer research! I slipped and landed on my ass right in front of a photographer whilst getting out of the mud bath though. Looking forward to seeing that photo :laugh: It was quite a nice distance actually - we all stayed as a group, jogged some of it, walked some of it as one of the girls has a sore foot. The last obstacle is a big inflatable slide into a mud pit. Loved every minute of it :biggrin:

7B1930E4-742F-4211-B97C-746321B4A54D.jpg

• Like 1

Rosie doesn't seem her old self...I don't know whether it's an after effect of whatever was wrong on Monday night, or that since going to kennels and coming home, she's now realised that Dylan isn't anywhere. :unsure: She is much quieter than normal (not necessarily a bad thing!) but she just sits and gazes at me, looking very sad. She doesn't want to play with her ball or dismantle her soft toys, she's even having to be coaxed to have her dinner, which is very unlike her. She's very eager to say hello to any and all dogs she meets out on her walks now, even the ones she would previously grumble at. What to do? Leave her and hope it wears off, whatever "it" is, or look for another dog to be her friend?

Rosie doesn't seem her old self...I don't know whether it's an after effect of whatever was wrong on Monday night, or that since going to kennels and coming home, she's now realised that Dylan isn't anywhere. :unsure: She is much quieter than normal (not necessarily a bad thing!) but she just sits and gazes at me, looking very sad. She doesn't want to play with her ball or dismantle her soft toys, she's even having to be coaxed to have her dinner, which is very unlike her. She's very eager to say hello to any and all dogs she meets out on her walks now, even the ones she would previously grumble at. What to do? Leave her and hope it wears off, whatever "it" is, or look for another dog to be her friend?

First I would get a vet check for any change in behaviour.

If all clear, then consider first do YOU want another dog and second will she accept another dog in the house.

When my retriever died my dalmatian lost his purpose in life.

He always acted like a big brother in her old age. He went out first to check there were no bogey men in the garden.

He always led the way when running offlead. They went their own ways but If Amber noticed she had gone ahead of hm she would stop dead - often nearly tripping us up by suddenly stopping in front of us- and wait for him to get ahead again. Then she would carry on.

Getting Murphy, a 12 week old pup, gave him a purpose again. As Hovis was reactive to other dogs but loved pups we knew it had to be a pup and fortunately found a super pup in rescue. They became great pals.

When the dalmatian died I thought Murphy would be happy as an only dog as he always seemed to live in the shadow of the stronger dalmatian character.

However, he had lost a playmate. He wasn't a dog that mixed with other dogs so now had no 'pal'.

Cleo, 2year old bitch, was accepted immediately and has been a great addition to our family although she has taught Murphy some bad habits.

Getting another dog doesn't always work as it is not the missed dog.

With my dogs it wasn't so much the dog that was missed as the companionship.

However, we did give consideration as to what type and age of dog would be the best companion.

are you allowed on forums on a plane?

shes here. merlin attacked her on sight, my friend picked her up (which id never do) and she bit her. great start. but she is on heat

but shes lovely. waits in line for treat and takes it nicely. ill try names on her tomorrow when shes more chilled