UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Japes

Jazz

We have a bird situation here too. Both of them hate with a passion the rooms that nest on the rooves here. With them and the seagulls the noise is deafening in the mornings. How I wish for the sounds of the blackbirds and sparrows I used to get.

Jayne you are sooooo going to love Sri Lanka - it is the most amazing place and my heart was left there. I would so love to be there helping as much as I could. At the moment my circumstances are that I cannot provide for me and my youngest in wales - but I hope to rectify that in the next few years and do what I can for the most dedicated people I know.

Not sure if Louise has been on here but she has lost Diesel Dawg very recently. Such an amazing dog, I met him and instantly loved him. My thoughts are with you Lou xxx

We have a bird situation here too. Both of them hate with a passion the rooks that nest on the rooves / roofs here. Between them and the seagulls the noise is deafening in the mornings. How I wish for the sounds of the blackbirds and sparrows I used to get.

Jayne you are sooooo going to love Sri Lanka - it is the most amazing place and my heart was left there. I would so love to be there helping as much as I could. At the moment my circumstances are that I cannot provide for me and my youngest in wales - but I hope to rectify that in the next few years and do what I can for the most dedicated people I know.

Not sure if Louise has been on here but she has lost Diesel Dawg very recently. Such an amazing dog, I met him and instantly loved him. My thoughts are with you Lou xxx

We have wild pheasnats who come and demand food. They look in the patio doors then toddle round to the back door. They hang off the wall at the back door, jump down onto the doorstep or fly onto the window sill to get our attention.

They come into the kitchen if the door is open.

When we go out into the garden they follow us and hang around our feet.

The two dogs totally ignore them, even running through them to fetch their toys.

Yesterday when I opened the back the dogs rushed out , as usual, scattering a pheasant that was waiting on the doorstep.

Murphy doesn't trust them not to steal his bone, though. He lifts it up and walks away from them looking back over his shoulder incase they mug him!

Cleo has no chase instinct at all but Murphy hunts out the voles in the garden , which make a tasty snack apparently, and rabbits have him squealing with excitement.

• Like 1

its mothers 4th anniversary today, and my daughter in laws birthday. shes not bothering with me,thanks.

at least she got to meet mouse who we had just got, and she loved Trudy. she will have Trudy under one arm and jade the yorkie under the other, chatting to them both, and being yorkies, they will be chatting back

I miss them :unsure:

Thanks Linda - am really looking forward to it! At the moment the fact I get to fly on the big Airbus is excitement enough for me - not even thought about the trip itself :laugh: :rolleyes: Am currently on the lookout for some cheap loose fitting light trousers/3 quarter length trousers. I am working next to a primark today, so am going to have a look there after work. I have one pair that I'm going to travel in, but I need some more really for the rest of the trip. Not quite sure my usual holiday wardrobe of short shorts and bikini tops will be suitable for Sri Lanka :laugh:

I am broken, Ben is more broken. We have laid the concrete base for the patio. I don't know why I thought us doing this was a good idea!! When the base dries its the sand or sand and cement mix next, then the slabs and grout. Then we'll have somewhere to sit outside again. It better be sunny from now on or I'll be sitting out there in the rain!

Sorry for lost dogs, it's a horrible feeling xxx

Murtle have you tried a relaxing hot bath just before bed? Also, and I appreciate this sounds daft but it used to work for me, pretend you are on sentry duty and you cannot close your eyes, you MUST stay awake but with nothing to do other than stare out into the dark. Concentrate on STAYING awake. You may just trick your brain into switching off and find yourself drifting off to sleep.

just had to fill a pot with spit for a survey of the primary biliary cirrhosis ive got. they need 4000 people with it to do these tests. hope it helps

also got the grant form for the wetroom, so things are moving