UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Japes

Jazz

I sincerely hope I have fewer years ahead of me than behind me. Darned if I would want to live to 142 lol

This month I hope to get car serviced, some minor repairs and through MOT well in time. Mega clean of house, get agents to inspect, put on market. Should have probate finalised in a couple of weeks so can get mum's affairs wound up.

I have been tentatively checking property sites online. One end terrace house caught my eye, up for a very low price so I drove round and looked at the outside. Sadly it did not suit as there was a common driveway running along back of terrace dividing houses from gardens. But I could understand the other reason for low price. The whole of downstairs had been turned into a replica pub complete with full size bar, pub furniture and jukebox! Not even an old pub, more of an 80s style. It is maybe the most naff and disgusting piece of interior design in the East Midlands. I would not have minded the large open area with lino on floor and I could have turned bar into a library area. So its a pity the shared drive ruled it out, especially as the garden area was a mature orchard.

once the house is emptied, you can make it what you want. shame about the driveway

Ive got the assessor for the wetroom next Tuesday, just had the letter confirming it.

got a blood test at 12. Problem with going on the scooter, is the weather, I just don't know what its going to do, so will take waterproof jacket, normal jacket, then fry when the sun comes out lol

looking at the beige tiles in the kitchen, think ill get my builder friend to put white ones on

Owl I have a dog owning friend who has a garden separated from the house by a rear lane. She thought it would be OK but has lived to regret buying the house as it's turned out to be very inconvenient. So I think you are wise to pass on this one. LOL at the house interior. Oh boy! What some people like!

Weather here is funny. It's very grey but sunny at the same time and feels more than a little humid. Archie met a Staffie who wanted to eat him but his owner got him on the lead on first spying us and I did the same. She said she wish every dog owner would reciprocate like that as she feels it's pretty obvious why she puts her dog on a lead and stands back. I agree!

• Like 1

My neighbour used it on the 1950's tile fire surround she used to have. It looked OK but if you knocked it, which she did quite often with the poker, brush, shovel etc. it would scratch and peel. Oh and I just remembered we used tile paint in the utility room of our old house. Was not bad but you could tell we'd painted it. Mind you Jazz paint technology has probably moved on by now so you might get a better finish now.

The neighbour who kept coming in my garden and climbing over the wall to get into his house, and who I found sat on my shed roof last year, has now apparently fallen off a ladder and is in hospital his brother knocked on our door to ask if we knew what had happened which we didn't as we didn't even know he had fallen, he was telling me all about his brother climbing on the shed roof which of course we did know about and said he had recently bought a ruddy big electric hedge cutter and apparently he'd been planning to go on the roof to cut back the hedge behind his shed. Several of the other neighbours were out in the close earlier and they said they'd spoken to his sister and she'd told them he's broken his back and his neck, turns out he's 94. I have no idea whether its chinese whispers or if he really has hurt himself that seriously, but any fall from a height at his age probably won't have been minor.

Flipping heck! 94 is no age to be climbing up anywhere with a giant hedge cutter!!!!

Nearly didn't get up for work this morning - a certain black and white cat was giving the best cuddles in the world. I could have quite easily phoned in sick and spent all day there! Knowing my luck though, he'd have buggered off and started playing with his feather on a stick and left me alone! Does anyone else have a cat that brings their favourite toy up to bed with them? Walter loves his feather on a stick and brings it to bed every night :laugh: :wub:

• Like 1

Interesting on the 94 year old, I hope he recovers. Did anyone see the 92 year old that ran a marathon?

Yes, Jayne Cocoa brings us one of his mice and then cries (like he does with a real one). It is very cute, when you remember that it's a toy not a real mouse he has!

Can someone order summer please? It seems to be missing from my weather options...