UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Japes

Jazz

Feeling very low. Woke up feeling rubbish so did all the usual things I do to beat depression e.G.gardening, taking Wispa for long walk in woods, and thought I was winning.

Then went on Facebook and there is an old school friend who I sometimes meet, and who always shares my missing dog posts. She has posted a picture of Enoch Powell forwarded from the BNP with the "rivers of blood" quote, and "share if you agree". I have many friends whose politics differ from mine. They are Conservative, Lib Dem, Plaid Cymru, Scot Nat, Green, UKIP and also Labour further left than me and further right than me. It is not a friendship issue. But BNP is a different matter entirely. I made no comment on Facebook though I was tempted to point out that my stepfather was an immigrant. Still reeling.

Little old spaniel near me is still on the run.

Owl :GroupHug:

I reunited with an old school friend after a gap of about 30 years. Although we lived at opposite ends of the country we did eventually manage to meet a few months after we started e-mailing - this was pre Facebook. I occasionally felt uncomfortable at a few things she said in some of the emails but when I met her O.M.G! She was nothing like the sweet, kind friend I had known so many years before. She was an out and out racist and such a bigot. I had a very uncomfortable time having lunch with her but stayed pleasant because she brought her parents along - who were lovely and looked uncomfortable themselves at some of the things she said! After that I was very distant with her if she emailed or phoned and did call her out on a couple of things she said but boy did she have a thick skin. Eventually the contact just frittered out. I dread to think what her FB page might look like!

I don't know the quote but was your friend aware it was a bnp post they were sharing, only asking as so many people get caught out by inspirational things not realising they are supporting a horribly vile party.

Jayne, I don't have problems with my knees, it's often the stabilising muscles for the kness that hurt rather than the knees. I have had two arthroscopys following a car accident years ago.

Ran over 19 miles today with a friend who is training for a marathon, she asked me yesterday for some company, so of course I said yes 😱 xx

wow you ran that far, well done!

I used to run for the school, I cant run to the door now lol

the girl on the end has just knocked to ask if she can walk my dogs. shes about 8, its about to rain, shes got her blind dog with her, and its nearly 9pm. hmmmm

Thanks Fugees. It was quite clear, no mistaking Enoch and his rivers of blood speech. Yantan, I see what you mean. It's just that I don't like verbal brawling on Facebook which makes me a coward. But you could be doing it all day and never win.

Funny thing is she was always nice to me at school and wasn't one of those who called me dirty smelly foreigner. By contrast, the one who was most insulting has turned into a lovely kind lady.

Facebook shows us the best and worst of people , it allows people that no one would listen to in "real life" a platform to vent , whinge , whine , moan. It also allows people and sadly organisations to portray themselves in a very different light and can create cult followings and blind faith, and people share things without giving it a moments thought !

Today I have packed and repacked 80kg of air luggage that Mark and I are bring and 150kg of sea fright luggage with another 100 kg of sea fright to do this week as an incoming shipment has been delayed . I am going home for a rest !!!!!

Jayne , let me know maximum weight and maximum size you can bring and I will arrange the items to be delivered direct to you :)

• Like 1

Just read the speech Owl, you could just ask when they are leaving the country. Very sad though.

I have a number of youngsters on my Facebook from the Youth leadership summits I volunteer at, try explaining to them in a gentle way that Britain First is not a great organisation to be supporting no matter what memes they post.

I can't sleep. I am so bored of being tired during the day and wide awake at night.

I ran past the woman's regatta in Henley today Sam!

That's a thought, Murtle. I don't think the Scandinavians would be overjoyed to have most of us eastern English turning up and saying that Britain has finally succeeded in kicking us out so here we are back home again. Not too bad for my sister, she could spend winter in Israel and summer in Denmark. Then all the folk who went to America from here so they could worship as they wished could come back and live in our houses.

If you take this far enough back, we would all end up in Africa!

Edited by owl

We have been granted probate at last, letters have arrived so am shortly off to bank and building society. And to ask some estate agents to come and value. Hate moving house but hopefully the next one will be permanent.

the send them back to where they belong parties are all deluded nutters

my parents are Irish , I was born in the UK and I am now a resident of Sri Lanka and have also lived and worked in Australia , where would they like me to go ? Ireland the only country I have not worked and paid any taxes to ( I don't personally pay taxes in Sri Lanka as I am unpaid but Dogstar pays taxes for the other staff )

Its total and utter nonsense and just does not hold up under any sort of rational examination , why should anyone in Ireland have to pay any thing for me or "take me back" I have spent under 6 months of my entire life there on various family holidays

silly silly people indeed but its very scary how quickly people share things like Britain First on Facebook