UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

I've enjoyed the Scottish debate and I am very glad they chose to stay with the union. We border Scotland and when you are in Carlisle you hear as many Scottish accents as you do English as it's the nearest big city for many southern Scots. It always amuses me that when you are in Longtown on the English side of the border they talk with English accents yet you come to Gretna just a few miles away on tuther side and they all talk in broad Scottish accents.

Suzeanna yes the home working job is local to me. They only engage either former employees who worked in the factory or family members of current employees. I worked in the factory for 13 years and plus Ruby is a manager there. I am very lucky to have the work and though I twine about doing it sometimes I am still grateful for it.

Good luck with selling the car, what are you getting instead?

I had to smile rather wryly earlier, a Scottish ex colleague of my OH's has written a long tirade on FB about the cowards who voted No, and all the reasons they should have voted Yes and how awful everything is about the English. Funnily enough, he's lived in England for about the last twenty years! I wonder how many other Scots are living here and moaning about the way the vote went, but never bothered to actually go back to live there so they could vote?

Another gloomy day here, very overcast with a light drizzle. Where's the lovely sun we were promised at the beginning of the week? My daughter comes home from Greece a week today, she's certainly going to feel the difference.

We finally have a car and today I drove for the first time in 18 months and not just any driving it was on mad scary mental Sri Lankan roads , I was a bit worried I had forgotten how to drive but I hadn't

I am sure there are people very happy and totally gutted with the Scottish vote , my take on it is how lucky are people in the UK that they get to vote on such things in a fair way and the votes counted are a reflection of the votes cast . Next year is an election here and lets just say the results are already known !

the freedom to oppose a leader or political system is something you never value until its not available , the UK may be many things but you do get the politicians the majority in an area vote for !

• Like 1

Nice one Sam. What sort of car did ya get? I didn't drive when I was in Israel or for a while when I got home but it came right back to me. I guess it's much like never forgetting how to ride a bike.

My old car is now with the garage as they got in touch to say they would give it a thorough valeting so I needn't bother cleaning it. Thank feck for that because it's really hot outside. I ordered new waterproof rear seat covers for the Panda yesterday for Archie and they arrived today!

What side of the road do they drive on in Sri Lanka?

I always find it scary when I drive when I'm back in Canada, as that's on the other side of the road. But since it is where I grew up, and where I learned to drive, it comes back pretty quickly. I actually have more trouble adjusting to driving on the left when I come back to the UK, even though I'm normally only in Canada a couple of weeks, and I've lived here 14 years.

Macmillan nurse rang me yesterday afternoon. She is going to be kicking some serious backside on Monday. She says auntie needs NHS Continuing Care which means she does not have to pay for it and gets all the home nursing she needs. She is going to work with district nurse to get this sorted out.

• Like 1

Hope you get your aunt sorted Owl :flowers:

The new squirrel mobile sounds brill :)

Have had an ok day today, work was nice then I had my nails and eyebrows done. Whilst I was in there I mentioned in passing about how I had seen about nostril waxing online and how bizarre that is. She told me that she did it and how she would do mine for free if I wanted to try it. I was a brave girl and gave it a go. Not at all painful, I thought it would be horrendous, but tbh the pain from the eyebrows was worse!! When I got home I took my bike out for another ride to the ice cream factory on the canal and then cycled home and had a snooze! Woke up at 8pm, so must have needed it!!

I always find it scary when I drive when I'm back in Canada, as that's on the other side of the road. But since it is where I grew up, and where I learned to drive, it comes back pretty quickly. I actually have more trouble adjusting to driving on the left when I come back to the UK, even though I'm normally only in Canada a couple of weeks, and I've lived here 14 years.

I don't think I could drive on the other side of the road , your very brave

Have had an ok day today, work was nice then I had my nails and eyebrows done. Whilst I was in there I mentioned in passing about how I had seen about nostril waxing online and how bizarre that is. She told me that she did it and how she would do mine for free if I wanted to try it. I was a brave girl and gave it a go. Not at all painful, I thought it would be horrendous, but tbh the pain from the eyebrows was worse!! When I got home I took my bike out for another ride to the ice cream factory on the canal and then cycled home and had a snooze! Woke up at 8pm, so must have needed it!!

Sweet mother of god NOSTRIL WAXING , I think I need a lay down just thinking about it.......

I get my eyebrows threaded here , last time I went the woman asked me if I wanted my upper lip doing with a great confidence boost ( not )

I am buried with paperwork , I need a PA