UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

Glad your work is finished :)

I have been out for a ride on my new bike. It's pretty awesome - managed to cycle up hills I have never made it up on my old one and covered 16.8 miles :biggrin: Only bad thing was I must have cycled through a pile of dog poo at some point as it was all over my back wheel :angry: As I store my bike inside, I had to clean it all off :rolleyes: Other than that, it was a great ride out :)

Bruno kinda reminds me of Archie in looks - a much bigger version of Archie though! I get asked quite a lot if Archie is part Rottie because of his eyebrows. You've met him Sam and know he looks nowt like a Rottie. He's only ikkle as well. That's Archie in my avatar for anyone else that isn't familiar with him.

Ruby has elected to go with a company car for the first time. She's always taken the allowance but this year having done the figures it's better for her to accept a car. She loves her little Panda though and didn't want to get rid of it so I am taking it over :) I will have to see if the Fiat Garage will sell my current car for me that I got from them last year. I can't be done with the faff of advertising it and then dealing with people trying to get the price down.

Anyway they are delivering the company car here tomorrow so from Friday Poppy the Panda will be mine :)

• Like 1

Suzeanna, I am so relieved to hear your news.

Congratulations on new dog and new Panda, HLGS and Yantan.

Jazz, not good news about your hands, hope something can relieve the pain.

We are glad to be home. Wispa was very good, she is lovely with auntie. But the first thing she did when she got there and was let out in the garden was to fall in the pond. I hauled her straight out by her harness but not before she was soaked through. I have been on phone a lot of the morning chasing up social services and getting people to talk to each other, and got the care visits increased to 3 x day as of today, and an urgent assessment done. I have also got the number of the MacMillan nurse who is away until Friday, and hope she can help set up an assessment visit from the local home hospice team.

Thank you Blackmagic, yes that sounds like it could be part of it. We apparently live in a socially deprived area 😱. There is talk of us having locums until they can find proper replacement. Amazingly, aparf from a notice on their website there has been no communication from the surgery. We found out from our MP person who is obviously having to allay fears now...they must have handed their notice in, in June and this is the first we have heard about it!!

Good news suzeanna.

Poor Wispa. Hope your get the assessment and support needed Owl.

My head can't remember things, ooo new car and poorly hand. Congrats and hugs.

How are you griff?

Enjoy your leave Alex.

xxx

Murtle that's an appalling situation regarding your GP practice. I hope it gets sorted soon.

My work is getting picked up today and a new line is being dropped off. Apparently there are loads of component parts and will pretty much fill the dining room and kitchen. Gulp!

Archie has gone off for a walk with Esther. I can't call her our stand-in dog walker anymore as she is now our regular DW.

I was out front watering the plants early doors and the Police came and knocked on neighbour over the road's door. I said her car wasn't there so she was probably out. They asked questions such as did she live there, how old was she, did she have kids and how old were they. They said they were making an enquiry on behalf of another force. I hope she's okay and not in any trouble.

I've been moving furniture about and found some old photos in a drawer. Can't believe how skinny I was back in the day (and how big my hair was in the eighties) :laugh: Some fond memories though.

Edited by merledogs

I do Jazz. When I went to New England I was on the phone almost every night to my cat sitters asking them to put my babies on the phone whilst I talked to them. All I kept saying was "Oh I miss their little warm furry bodies". I've only spent an odd night here or there away from George (when he was still with us) and Archie and even then they have been home with Ruby. It was a big deal earlier this year when we both went to Monkey World and left Arch for the first time ever in home boarding with Esther. We kept talking about him all weekend though! He on the other hand didn't miss us one little bit. Little git.

I hope you get things sorted for your aunt, Owl. It must be a worry for you.

Well done with the bike riding Jayne, I wouldn't dare ride a bike round here, too many potholes and mad drivers!

I wish I could find a job I could do from home Yantan, we could really do with some extra cash. I imagine the job you do is local to you? We put our dogs in kennels if we go away and for the first couple of days we're enjoying not having to walk them etc..then the rest of time, we're wondering how they are and can't wait to get back to them!

I was looking forward to lewis coming back to the UK so he could live here while I go away for a few days, but always something comes up. now ill wait to move, but I don't mind.

I used to work from home when the boys were little, but none of that about these days

kin storm!

it started at 4am just as jerry lee went in the garden. so she went under the bed and got stuck, so pulled the boxes out, dropped one on my ankle, lovely instant bruise. after an hour we went back to bed ...

so she went back under the bed, got trapped by her neck and was gasping for air so had to pull all the boxes back out, drag her out and get her breathing, then put all the boxes back so she couldn't get back under

we haven't long got up