UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

People are angry and want to vent, it's just anger, a feeling of helplessness and horror at what he's done. I don't for a moment think 99.99% of the people would do anything about it. Let's just hope the criminal justice system does its job and doesn't let him off with a slap on the wrist. They tend to take arson seriously so hopefully they will. Others may be involved so let's hope they are all caught and suitably punished. I wonder if he failed to anticipate the consequences of his actions, or maybe just didn't care. That's if it was him - he's not been proven guilty yet.

I've been to Asda and cleared the shelves of tinned Chappie, then went to Costco and bought 10 15kg sacks of food and some boxes of pigs ears. I don't have room for it in the house so it's on the drive behind the gates until Monday. Need to sort out some blankets/throws and leads, toys, etc as well.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

I read yesterday that the boys family had to be relocated for their safety, which is sad. Also that he'd recently been hospitalised following a dog attack :( This is the story I read. Very sad all round, but hopefully the justice system will be allowed to do its job, and will do it well.

Today hasn't quite gone to plan. I was meant to be cleaning and tidying the house. But I kept getting distracted. Changing the bed led to me deciding I needed to sew a pillow case back together. Which led to me deciding to clean and oil the sewing machine. Then Kia started chewing at her bandage, and I saw some blood on it, so off to the vet for a check as I'm paranoid about pressure sores. She's now bandage-less, but needs a boot for going outside, so I traipsed round several pet shops before finding one. Its actually too big (but the smallest they had), so its probably a good thing I sorted the sewing machine out. I've finally got round to hoovering the bedroom, but am way behind on the list of things to do! Ah well, the mess will still be here tomorrow.

People are amazing. This is the latest tweet from Manchester Dog Home

We've gridlocked the M6 & Warrington can donations now be done next w/end police concerned with H&S wow, we've stopped the M6

Re: Sam's comment. I agree with Alex. I think in the main people are just expressing their frustration and rage and if it came down to it they really wouldn't go to such extremes. I think if you couldn't bring yourself to harm an animal then the same applies to humans (at least I hope so!)

another twist in the story

A boy suspected of torching of Manchester Dogs’ Home was at the scene of the fire when police arrived - and directed officers to the seat of the blaze.

Officers believe he may have been playing at being a Good Samaritan and getting a thrill out of watching firefighters arrive at the scene as the tragedy unfolded.

The youngster had vanished by the time an officer emerged from the burning building in Harpurhey but is believed he returned about 40 minutes later.

I get people wanting to vent but isn't venting " I hope they throw the book at him" or " I hope he is locked up " rather than numerous comments I have read which specifically mentioning hurting , beating , whipping , torturing , burning and killing the boy

I find it deeply disturbing I really really really do , I am not for one minute defending what he did which I equally find disturbing but really is this kind of language appropriate ?

• Like 1

I just hope that the justice system can be left to do it's job (and does it properly this time). Let's hope he gets a dog loving judge who will give him a custodial sentence instead of a rap on the knuckles. This won't happen if his name is plastered all over the papers/internet.

Had to have a 2 hour sleep after work this afternoon (I have nicknamed them Nana Naps), thankfully I was only working till 12.30, but work was mad busy so felt wiped out by the time I got home! I was woken up by a neighbour drilling and hammering something :rolleyes:

HLGS I share your concerns. There seems to be a simmering layer of violence which keeps bubbling up to the surface, and it is not only about animals. Much of it comes from keyboard warriors, but they are the ones who inspire others who may put things into action.

Morning.

Archie and Ruby were out exploring yesterday and their walk included a ride on a minature steam train - a first for Archie and he was non too keen. The train took them into a quarry tho and he had a good old runabout there and gained a little confidence for getting back on the train. He sat on the floor instead of squashing himself on Ruby's knee! All in all they were out for 6 hours. The train was their only sit down and Ruby was buggered last night. She went to get up after some tv last night and could hardly move!

I am shocked by some of the comments, and death threats aren't ever necessary.

One thing I am confused about, why are people offering to rebuild for free? Surely some if not all should initially be covered by insurance? Maybe they'll do the nice to haves that the insurance company won't pay for?!

I ran, I am broken, hopefully some nice warning food will make me feel better!

It was a very generous offer from the builders and I bet the insurance will only go up to a certain limit. I'm sure they will put the builders offer to good use (and the donations), possibly upgrading existing kennels or building a new block. Don't think the money will last years but should allow them some breathing space for a while.