UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

Started the day with an adrenaline rush! Neighbour opposite rang me to say she had just seen my dog running down the road. I was upstairs, Wispa had been downstairs 5 mins before. Rushed down, no sign of her. All doors shut. Went otu teh front and blew whistle like made, and she came galloping up the crescent. Then she thought it was a nice game, and instead of coming to me she wanted me to play at running about in the road. I got the engine running in the car and she came to me, so I popped her in her crate in the car. The problem is, we cant' find how she got out. Front and side doors locked. Only possibility is that she went out the back door which was left open into garden, it shut on her and she escaped from the garden to try to get back in round the front. But not only is our garden well fenced and walled, but the adjacent ones are too. Now she can't be in the garden unsupervised. No idea how she did it. She is a reasonable but not a great jumper. I was worried sick, not that she would run off and get lost, but that she would run round the crescent looking for trouble to be in e.g. cats, cyclists, joggers, other dogs. So thankful for the whistle training.

• Like 1

im so glad you got her back quick, and well done to the neighbour telling you x

my friend is collecting things for the homeless with dogs. I have cleared the place out thoroughly, so how have I already got 2 carrier bags and a black sack for her? I haven't been back through the drawers yet lol

Looks a good sturdy motor Sam. I personally prefer the 2nd photo because the dog stands out more and also I like the action of the breaking waves.

Norty Wispa taking herself off for a jog. Glad all turned out well.

I am pooped from working so have jacked in for the day so I at least get a little bit of weekend rest and recuperation in!

I prefer the second pic too Sam :) Nice car - how much is fuel over there?

I get my tache waxed too as well as my eyebrows and now my nose.... I wish I wasn't so hairy! :laugh: :rolleyes:

Had another diva strop today at work, I was on a 15 min kids clinic and loads of patients arrived really late (totally missed their appointment), but were still arrived and sent through to me. I said to the pre screener that if they were any more than 10 mins late; they would have to re book. You would have thought I was asking for something totally unreasonable!!

After getting over the panic, I looked for pawprints in flower beds. None in neighbours' gardens at the back. Found them in our front garden, leading into neighbour's gardens. She left an unwelcome present on the lawn next door but one! As there were 2 locked doors at front of house, the only conclusion is that I failed to pull the side door Yale lock back on to its catch, and a through draught blew it open a bit, Wispa nipped out and it then slammed shut. The side door leads into a covered passge between house and garage, with door to back at the other end and kitchen door half way along. It does get affected by draughts.

Feeling relieved to have a rational explanation as the idea of Wispa being able to teleport, levitate or walk through solid walls is too awful to contemplate.

Moaning :tired:

Lovely pics sam :flowers:

Glad wispa is safely home :flowers:

I've done my shoulder in again. I did it months and months ago and it took such a long time to heal. I was only thinking last week that it felt normal for the first time in ages, now it's gone again. I'm going to have to go back to the doctor to get referred to a physio.

My new Laura Ashley furniture is being delivered today :pinkie: I have decided that I am sooo not doing flat pack any more after my most recent escapade when I put a larder unit together and it collapsed when I stood it up :rolleyes: Solid furniture is more expensive (although not as much as you'd expect), but it's classic and lasts a very long time so I'll never have to buy again in my lifetime - and if I get bored and fancy a change, LA furniture keeps its value quite well so can flog on ebay.

It's worrying how much strength and stamina I've lost in the past couple of years, I really need to get fit or end up not being able to do any sort of DIY. I find exerting myself for any length of time pretty much impossible these days, not helped by aforementioned dodgy shoulder.