UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Suzeanna, tonnes of good thoughts winging there way to you!!!!!

sounds a terrible crash

Alex, could you attach one of those dome things on your feeder that stop the squirrels climbing up but turn it the wrong way up to catch the seed??? or attach a seed tray?

Gooster, enjoy your time off.... glad to get back to work, that is just wrong Lol

I am o.k today, still coughing up crap and feeling generally rough but i am still here, dropped kota off to be spayed and the girls were asking how i got on and i was nearly in tears, i really need to man up. i need to go and get another blood test done today but i need to wait for a call to collect the pup... i think the vet will hang onto her for me though

The earliest we pick up our dogs after an op is after 4pm.

If the op has been delayed until later in the day it may be after 5 or 6 until we can pick them up.

i have managed to get the blood test done and go and get some rice for pups dinner, i have to call at one so will probably get her at about 3... it was really quick for the blood today, only 15 people in front of me, usually i have to wait 30 minutes before i can go and jump the queue but didn't need to do it today (i don't like queue jumping anyway)

thanks for the good thoughts but really i do need to man up, feeling sorry for myself isn't going to get me anywhere, i shall have a word with myself!

we have absolutely glorious sunshine, dex has found the sunny spot in the garden and looks very happy about things.

went to the charity shop, and got risers for the sofa, over the moon! carried them back to the car, smacked myself in the face with them so got a fat lip now

then come home to a 2nd letter from the vet college saying I havent paid them! I let rip, so someone else is ringing me back. £1,000 isnt enough for excess on 3 ops, 2 of them failed so I lost her!

im not happy!

For goodness sake Griff, you spend 99.9% of the time not feeling sorry for yourself, you're allowed a wobble!

My appointment was 10.30, I was seen at just gone 11...not bad for our hospital. The good news was that he got the lump out with clear margins all round and there was no lymph node involvement, but it wasn't all plain sailing...the cells inside were an uncommon mix (why doesn't that surprise me?) and one sort are more inclined to be aggressive. She chatted happily about chemo, radiotherapy, then tamoxifen or herceptin. I listened politely, then reeled off all the reasons I don't want any more treatment. Give her her due, she said she did see my side of it, but she's still referring me to an oncologist (thought I was seeing one today, but no) and she'd like me to go through things in detail with him. Philip came with me and took me back home and he said he will back me in any decision if I stick to saying no more treatment, and he would do the same in my position. Chemo..radiotherapy..five years of tamoxifen and then three years of something beginning with L that I've forgotten..? No way Jose. I'll take my chances. She said on the Index for your survival chances I score 4, which is a good risk..not the best, but not the worst by a long way. I've got the dressings off now, so I can have a proper bath! The nurses were shocked at how bruised and swollen I am, and said it will probably take the best part of another month for the swelling to go.

Griff..just thought...can you have any sort of plastic sleepers for your CAT scan? if there is such a thing?

oh Suzeanna, i am so pleased you had clear margins.... you are right it is your choice and you are entitled to make whatever choice you like, just because you say no now doesn't mean you can't change your mind later does it? you might not have such good results but you could take treatment later if you felt you wanted to. thanks for the thought about the sleepers... i shall be off for a google!

Jazz, that really isn't on, i do hope you can get it sorted

Lol, Archie did have a good nibble didn't he??? awwww george. he was a cutie

i have had petplan on about the complaint i put in about dakota being excluded behaviour and third party liability, apparently a 10 week old pup that has snapped is a risk!!!!! i only swore the once which was good for me and told the woman to do one when she asked what i wanted to do next... i slammed the phone down, useless shower!

Edited by griff

ive just had a go at virgin. remember the fish died when the man unplugged the heater? they have written to say the heater was faulty before he came so its not their fault. what, the working heater before he came? so ive just rung and asked when my contracts run out, then ill be leaving

the vets havent rung back, bet they wont. think they will get away with harassing me?

ive just had a go at virgin. remember the fish died when the man unplugged the heater? they have written to say the heater was faulty before he came so its not their fault. what, the working heater before he came? so ive just rung and asked when my contracts run out, then ill be leaving

the vets havent rung back, bet they wont. think they will get away with harassing me?

Jazz, how do they know the heater was faulty beforehand?

Oh good Griff! Alex, is your head better now? Last time my OH went to the doctor about his migraines they gave him a new medication..well, new to him..but he hasn't had one since so not been able to try it. It's called Zolmitriptan.

Don't know about me being strong, I think I'm rapidly becoming alcohol dependant! My liver will probably give up before anything else...my son isn't helping, he was coming this weekend, then he said as my results were good, did I mind if he made it next weekend instead? I said no that's fine, phoned the restaurant we were all going to on Saturday to cancel...an hour later he texted again, his wife would rather he came this weekend as she's worried that if he leaves it later she might go into labour early. Arghh! Rang the place up, rebooked the table. If he changes his mind again, I'll murder him. He used to do this to me before he married, he was coming up, then he wasn't, then he was...he's been known to actually tell me when he's half an hour away!