UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

Nice one Jayne. I like that idea of a work-cum-break in Tauton.

Our stand-in DW does home boarding for dogs but won't take a dog until he or she has completed a free test night to make sure they are a fit with her household. As we are going to Dorset next month for a few nights we want to leave Archie with her soooooooooooo...............she's picking him up at 10am tomorrow to spend the day with her, do his overnight and then be delivered back on Friday morning. It won't half be funny in the house without him. I couldn't tell you the last time we had a completely animal free home. So anyway can you all please think "settle down nicely and enjoy your break Archie" from tomorrow please. I'm running round getting his stuff packed. I am not looking forward to this.

• Like 1

Henry cat :wub: . We've got a grey tabby tom cat coming around for food, his owners have had a new baby and thrown the cat out as 'theres no room for him'. Hes very nervous but has started using our dog flap and sometimes pees..lovely!! However last night i left him in when i heard him as we had force 11 winds, severe flooding etc and i'm too soft to insist he went out lol. The idea is to establish a feeding routine then cat trap him.

Izzie cant do much these days, only nearly 6 and has arthritis in hips so too much exercise and shes in pain for days, we dont get to see her best friend Archie a giant schnauzer much as Iz cant cope with the rough play they love but i was shocked the other day to find Archie has advanced leukemia and only has 1 to 2 months left. Hes only the same age as Izzie :mecry:

Archie [Yantans boy] be good :)

Stay safe in this extreme weather, Fugees.

Big changes here. Mum has been so much happier and more lively in the care home that we decided she should stay there, and she is happy to do so. She has always flourished in company and likes having people around her, so I am not surprised. I feel as if I am skiving off, but will be spending time there with her every day. It's only half a mile away, and it is far better than any of the homes I used to work at. There is an activities organiser who comes every day, and mum has been playing dominoes and indoor bowls.

It was a big decision to make and I am hoping no one slates me for it. I haven't done it for me but for her. She really needs 24/7 care due to her occasional nocturnal wandering, and the falls she has had.

• Like 4

Such sad news about Archie Schnauzer :(

I certainly am not going to slate you Owl for moving your mum into a care home. It sounds like she is having a ball in there :flowers: you can sleep easy now, knowing that she is safe and secure in the home, and is not going to have a fall in the middle of the night :flowers:

Poor poorly doglets xxx

I am sure no one would slate you Owl, and sod 'em if they do. Your mom, your choice although it seems like your mom has made the choice. It sounds like a great place for her and provides her the care and fun she needs. Even if you don't go and see her every day I think you have done an amazing job looking after her. xxx

• Like 2

Why on earth would anyone with any sense slate you Owl? Your mum has company, care, a safe environment and is happy. Who would want to say any of that was wrong? It sounds as if you've found a lovely place for her, and it is just what she needs. I hope this means you can get your life back on track now, and have a permanent home of your own for you and Wispa.

I am starting to wobble rather about my appointment on Wednesday. :unsure: I phoned the breast clinic yesterday and said if the results were negative, could I be told by email, text or phone rather than having to come in? The nurse I spoke to said yes of course, I'll put you through to the breast clinic secretary to arrange things. I spoke to her and she said she'd ring me back as she couldn't find my details, but also sounded fine about it. When she did ring back she said she was sorry but I'd have to keep the appointment as the consultant had requested it. Now I don't know if she meant because the consultant requested the mammogram etc in the first place, or because of a more serious reason. I'm a nervous wreck already, how am I going to get through to Wednesday? :confused: