UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

Hope all those with insurance woes get them sorted :flowers:

Have handed my notice in at my Friday practice today - I didn't like what she was doing to the clinic and I am not willing to compromise my sight test or record keeping just to keep her happy. So my last day will be on the 28th Feb :) I'll be sad to go as I have made some good friends there, both patients and colleagues, but it's time to move on :(

Moaning :tired:

New beginnings Jayne :flowers:

Henry came in last night when I was calling Kinky and has kipped here. His stomach wasn't distended when he came so it must have been due to the fact he'd stuffed his face, plus the contrast is more noticeable due to the skinniness of the rest of his body. He doesn't appear to eat between visits because he's always really hungry. I did try to sex him this morning when we were having a stroke but it's so fluffy I couldn't see.

Gooster, well done for sticking with your principals and i hope you find something else to fill your friday slot.

Merledogs, it doesn't sound like Henry has other homes to me... not if he is hungry all the time or if he does they don't feed him. Hope you manage to find out if he is henry or henrietta

Went to dog training last night and when i got home my mum had called the emergency vet who said tey had claimed everything possible...they were going to email the invoices over when lo and behold a follow up phonecall.... sorry we have just found your invoice and we will fax it over now with a covering letter....funny, thats what they told me weeks ago.

one of the ladies from training brought me home last night, she lives not fair away and has said she will pick me up and drop me off if i want to carry on going, i thought that was lovely of her, we have our bronze test next week.... i think i will let Dakota down despite my best efforts

• Like 1

I hope Snow is ok...last night she said the wind was awful round their house and the fence sounded as if it was going to blow away!

Griff, of course you won't let Dakota down, you'll both do your best and she'll learn eventually even if she doesn't get it now.

I've got a very impressive bruise on the side of my boob, and I hadn't realised it was still bleeding a bit so I've now got a blood stained white bra...drat :mad: . Is it cold water and salt to get blood out, or hot water?

Thanks Suezanna we're still here - just! Somehow the fence is still up though amongst all the scariness last night there was some hilarity when the head of the hammer Rob was using to try and force a wedge between the post and the wall to try and stop the fence moving flew off and disappeared into the blackness next door - presumably they are going have a surprise when they go out this morning and find it on their path or drive. We were out there with torches trying to figure out where some of the more ominous noises were coming from as we'd never heard those kinds of sounds before, it sounded like shale on a beach and as we're not right on the shore then I just for the life of me couldn't figure it out, I thought maybe it was our slate chippings which make up part of our patio being blown about but this morning now its light I thiiink it was a neighbours bags of gravel & sand which he's got on his drive they are made of heavy plastic and theres been hail so maybe thats it - our patios seem intact so it wasn't that.

The fact the fence is moving - and it is moving - might be whats saved it (so far) one of the posts is wobbling which I think is down to so much water in the ground by there its always a bit boggy even after a light rain, so we've tied it to the bush thats in front of it as best we can, but the fence is moving back and forth with each gust but maybe thats better than it being solid as theres less resistance to the wind.

Glad you survived snow, i can never sleep properly when there is wind about, it goes back to when the fascia boards blew off! we had new upvc boards put up and they had only been up 6 weeks gust of wind came, there was a massive creaking and a bang and i looked out the window to see the boards off down the street! got my parents up and at 5am in the wind and piddling down rain we were going round picking up bits of plastic so nobodys car got damaged and no ones dogs hurt their paws

Suzeanna, i think you do you put salt on blood. hope you stop bleeding soon.... should it still be bleeding now? hope your bruise vanishes quickly

Jazz, hope the plans for the wet room go well

need to practice things for training.... kota is a sweet little thing really who does try her best to please you but she just gets soooooooooooooo excited, everyone and everything is just fun Lol..... puppies are mental

saw my mate last night, haven't seen him for nearly a year, he went to greece to work and we have missed running into each other since he came back but finally caught up with him last night, he does kick boxing and is very very good and he is fighting again in april so may venture to his bout if i am up to it, he was asking after diez and he had me in tears when i was explaining what had gone on... i blame the beer for that!

George? Thought he was Henry? or am I getting confuddled?

Griff, I tend to bleed for a while, and bruise easily, because of the meds I take to reduce the platelets in my blood. Too many platelets = blood clots and possible stroke or heart attack, less platelets=bleed like a stuck pig and bruise if you hit me with a feather! Well, that's an exaggeration, but I do bruise very easily and since Dylan is very good at stretching his legs out and kicking me on the settee or banging into my legs under the table, I invariably have a nice collection.

Griff - you won't let Dakota down! She is still a pup - Ted was nearly 2 before he did his bronze (and even then had to do his stay on a stay mat as he didn't like his precious little bottom on the floor!).

I thought he was called Henry too Alex (unless you have taken in 2 strays??)

Pants weather here today - really cold and windy :( I was going to ride Blue today, but there is no way I am riding in this :rolleyes: Think it's going to be an afternoon cleaning, ironing and sofa surfing :laugh:

Griff Archie was the nortiest and most excitable pup on the planet and there were times we thought we'd never train him properly but we did what you are doing and took him to training classes and he turned out a good 'un. I am sure little Dakota will too.

We had high winds too last night. Since we had our chimney stack crash down and go through into next door's bathroom one stormy night a few years back I am always nervous now when I hear a hooley blowing outside

I am back from doc's and feel much better for having seen my own regular doctor. It is my asthma that's troubling me and I now have an extra steroidal inhaler and a spacer inhaler to use with both my inhalers which will ensure I get the full dose. The other doctor (I think she was still in training or only newly qualified) gave me antibiotics for nothing. I hate taking them at the best of times but to find out I really didn't need them --- grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

glad you feel happier having seen your own doctor Yantan, lets hope the new gear works for you

Gooster, weather is awful here too, i took the dogs for a walk and don't much fancy going out again! i will have to though

I really would like dakota to get her certificate but it isn't the be all and end all, i trained two other dogs so i am sure i will manage... need to decide if i am well enough to continue taking her to training classes or not.