UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

Marion - it could be a retinal detachment. It's probably a migraine, but get it checked out by an optometrist or go to the hospital ASAP.

Umm I was going to say the same as Jayne and she's the optician - thats one of the things I have to watch for with my bad eye, the earlier its checked the better Marion particularly if you havent got a migraine at the moment.

Friend of mine had a retinal detachment that was picked up a regular check up and she had no prior symptoms at all , within 30 minutes she was at the hospital and had surgery within 48 hours !

always worth getting a check up just to rule stuff out

Well, this afternoon I definitely have a mammogram and ultrasound, and the letter to confirm it. Think of me at 3.20 and send "nothing wrong" thoughts please!

I hope your less achey and bruised now and your test results come back quickly and negatively

Today is the 66th anniversary of Sri Lankan independence from the UK so its a huge public holiday , this year the parade has been in my local Town we have many nice young men with guns patrolling the local area . Today I sat at my desk writing grant applications for our sterilisation program as they are a bugger to fund by donations so fingers crossed they are successful .

If anyone wants to run a stand/stall or car boot sale for us please let know , I often get invited by groups to have a stand at UK events but we do not have a single volunteer to do them so I always have to turn them down :(

• Like 1

I hope you can get some grants HLGS, will send a donation when i have a bit of cash to my name... bit of a sore point with me at the moment...rant coming up!!!!!

I had to have diesel PTS 23/12/13, my vets have claimed every penny they can from petplan, the useless bloody emergency vets only claimed for one part of diesels treatment leaving me short by £170, i called them up 2 weeks ago and explained to be greeted with basically they didn't know what i was on about... after 10 minutes of trying to get them to understand they found my outstanding amount and i was told they would get the vet to write a covering note and fax it to petplan explaining what had happened and arrange payment... today the postman came and nothing so i called petplan just to see if they had got the fax...nope, nothing received, i have been told to go back to the emergency vets with another claim form for a continuation claim.... i will then have to pay them £12 for an admin fee just to get them to fill the form in, even though it is their error and no doubt i will be told over and over again that they can't find what i am trying to claim back, i am so pissed off as i never want to set foot in that place after the suffering diesel went through let alone have to try and argue for what is rightfully mine, i shouldn't be having to try and fight for money that should have been claimed back 6 weeks ago and having to relive what happened to diesel over and over again.... i am now sat here crying my eyes out as once again i have had to go through the whole bloody thing again, i have lost my best mate and the eejits that should have put her to sleep the first time they saw her but took me for £700 and allowed her to suffer are giving me the run around.... if it was £30 i would let it go but £170 i can't write that amount of money off....... vets now are absolute nobs!

I feel your pain hun xxx

my vet put their claims in very late, so went over to the next policy year, so have to pay another excess, so trudys excess bill is now £1,100

ill just pluck it all off the magic tree ......

*sob*

Jazz any treatment before the policy year ended should be paid out of that year, not the next.

It shouldn't matter that the claim went in after the year ended. Your vet should split the costs if they overlap

i would challenge them about it and if they insist them write a letter of complaint.

Edited by blackmagic

that isn't on Jazz, i would get in touch with the vet and tell them what has happened and how much it is going to cost you...they should reduce their bill accordingly, i am lucky that my mum and dad lend me the money and they have told me not to worry about the last £170 but i don't feel right about it especially as it is owed back to me

Suzeanna, my mum spoke to one of the directors or vets now the other week...connected to my mums job and the womans response was"oh dear" ! i guess it would be the association of vets, i am sure my vets will be able to help me out with who to contact

just been doing some training in the garden beings as it is not raining... for now Lol laney still remembers his target mat training from 4 years ago! kota is having a bash, we are doing hand targeting but finding people to practice on is hard as we don't really see people out and about and most of the people are dog owners so are happy to have a dog jump up at them.... i don't want her jumping up but people won't be told!

Blimey thats not on griff ((hugs)) have to say though that it was a Vets Now who Nog was seen by - though they had previously been Great Western Referrals when they dealt with him for his bad leg and as you know I have nothing but praise for the Swindon branch presumably it's down to the admin staff in each branch. I had the statement through for Nog's treatment this morning *sigh* £677 in total but that includes the cremation fee of £142 and apparently thats not covered by the insurance so we have to pay the excess of £80 plus 20% of the treatment & euthanasia costs and then the £142 on top, I've yet to find out what I need to pay to cover the 20% bit of the bill from my local vet but the costs there were around the £400 - £500 mark before the referral.

Jazz - Nogs treatment often over ran policy years I was lucky that our vets always gave a printout with the bill which had dates of treatment on it so M&S were able to work it out themselves which bit fell in which year and apply the excess properly. It doesn't take much for them to just do a quick print out - I'd be chasing them for that in your shoes.