UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

Yantan, I hope the migraine is better today :GroupHug:

Good luck this afternoon suzeanna - will be thinking of you :flowers:

Griff, sorry you're still feeling rubbish :GroupHug:

We had a busy weekend. OHs parents came over to help with some DIY. I got quite a laugh watching our neighbour's antics out the window while I was stripping wall paper. There is a footpath that runs up the side of our garden, and then along the back of all the gardens in the street. On the other side of the path at the back, there is about 20ft of scrub and trees shielding us from the main road. Our neighbour across the road Frank came walking slowly up the path to the back, carrying a carrier bag stuffed full of what appeared to be leaves. He then peered sneakily around in both directions up the path, before taking a couple of steps into the scrub and then emptying his carrier bag of leaves into the undergrowth. He then hurried back to his house, before repeating the same process at least 5 more times :ph34r: :laughingsmiley: It made me laugh - we couldn't care less if he's dumping his garden waste back there, but its only £35 a year to have the council collect the garden waste bin every other week, and he was clearly on edge and nervous of his probably illegal waste dumping. As you can tell, its very exciting goings on in our close :laughingsmiley:

In other news, we picked up the new car - its lovely. Drives nicely, dogs are happy to have a proper boot to travel in, and I'm liking the heated seats :)

Sophie, heated seats are the best aren't they?? my dads sports car has them and the first thing i do is turn them up to three Lol... love having a warm bum! Lol@ your neighbour, we get people dumping stuff by the woods here and there really is no excuse as we get fortnightly collections for most of the year for garden waste (1 week paper and bottles next week garden waste) at least leaves degrade quite quickly, we tend to have branches and lumps of turf

if i go back to the drs i will be sent to the hospital to see my consultant and i really don't want to go in case they keep me in or put me on the chemo and steroid infusions again... i will leave that until i have absolutely no options left.

Poor little Kota has had a bath after her walk, she has a habit of jumping up to get the lead, as i went to pull the lead away she fell and splatted in a great pool of mud, all one side of her was covered in mud as is her coat, i took her onto the other field to get her to go through the deep puddles to wash some of it off... she does not like puddles. Fetched her home, got her upstairs and popped her in the bath and she tried to escape 3 times........ i ended up more wet than the puppy, she came downstairs and did a wall of death around the lounge, she reminded me of one of the gremlins! i will make a point of trying to pop her in the bath a little more so she eventually gets used to it.

Good luck today Suzeanna :flowers:

Hope you are ok Griff :GroupHug:

Marion - glad you are feeling better today. I can however guarantee that your GP will tell you go get an eye test done when you see her on Wednesday :)

Ted had to have 2 baths yesterday - he has had an upset tummy and was in a bit of a mess, so I bathed him in the morning, then he had to have another bath in the afternoon. He was most unimpressed :laugh:

Yes I am expecting that Jayne :) I am actually overdue for one. I did have my yearly diabetic eye check fairly recently and all was well with that. I do think that my eyes have changed and that I probably need a new prescription. I've had these glasses for 4 years. It's just a case of being able to afford new ones which is why I have been putting the eye test off.

All I can say is ouch..several times. :confused: I had the mammogram, then the lady who did that came back for me after about fifteen minutes and took me down to ultrasound, she stayed whilst the other one did that. Twenty uncomfortable minutes or so later, she said she needed to do a needle biopsy. Local first..that stung something awful..then not one but four biopsies. I was feeling a bit dizzy by the end of that lot. Anyway, I have to go back next Wednesday to get the result, she said she couldn't honestly say it looked ok or it didn't, the lab would have to check. The local is wearing off now and I have spectacular bruising and it hurts. I think a large glass of wine is in order. :confused02:

Positive thoughts for negative result (if you know what I mean) suzeanna :flowers:

Spoke to next door neighbour this evening and, as he is the Oracle for everything going on in the neighbourhood, I asked him if he knew of anybody who had a big blue and white cat. He says it may belong to people over the road a few doors down who rent so haven't been here long. They have two cats and two dogs (which may explain why he's not bothered overly by dogs). Apparently he has another 'home' he visits a few door further up. It would appear that Henry is a bit of a tart :wub: Don't understand why he's so very skinny if he's owned, unless he is ill. It definitely doesn't explain why his legs and paws are so filthy.

Suzeanna, everything crossed for negative results, do you have any witch hazel or arnica cream? don't put it near the wound sites but around should be o.k and help the bruising clear up quicker

Merledogs, hope Beau will be o.k and what a little devil henry is.... could you make him the little paper collar with your number on? hopefully someone would text and let you know he has a home

All I can say is ouch..several times. :confused: I had the mammogram, then the lady who did that came back for me after about fifteen minutes and took me down to ultrasound, she stayed whilst the other one did that. Twenty uncomfortable minutes or so later, she said she needed to do a needle biopsy. Local first..that stung something awful..then not one but four biopsies. I was feeling a bit dizzy by the end of that lot. Anyway, I have to go back next Wednesday to get the result, she said she couldn't honestly say it looked ok or it didn't, the lab would have to check. The local is wearing off now and I have spectacular bruising and it hurts. I think a large glass of wine is in order. :confused02:

That sounds what happened to me.

I don't remember getting a local but I didn't feel anything except the pressure when the gun went off to take the biopsies. I can't remember how many but there were several.

I was warned that I would have a spectacular bruise but I had none at all and no pain. Strange but I was not complaining.

Mine was done on a Monday and they arranged to phone on the Wednesday afternoon with the result Because we live 100 miles from the unit we do not have to travel back for the result. We get travelling expenses over £10 so it would cost them money.

Lots of good thoughts for the results. The waiting is hard.