UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

Good thoughts for Nog, and for Jazz.

Glad roundabout lady is unhurt.

Yes Gooster, I did find the thong because it was round my ankles, and chucked it in a dustbin in disgust. When I wear a skirt it is always a fairly long one, so I could continue my shopping without getting arrested or giving anyone a heart attack.

• Like 3

Nogs home and very quiet, he had a long drink when he came in and a wee but he's now gone to bed. We will hopefully have platelet and cell count test results back tomorrow and then we go from there about what happens next. The bill for today has already hit £317.30 kinda glad now I didnt switch the policy from m&s as I checked with them and they will treat this as a new condition so we have the full £7k available less £70 excess and 20% that we have to pay as Nogs an oldie.

• Like 1

very glad you have your boy home Snow

Owl, i nearly choked to death on my coffee reading that! you have given me a much needed laugh

my only underwear incident was when i was 16, i was working as a mechanic and the only female in the workshop, i was very slightly built and quite flat chested, it was when wonderbras had insertible pads, anyway i was working away on a range rover when i looked on the floor and to my horror saw one of the eclipse shaped pads out of my bra on the floor, i put my boot over it thinking the fella i was working with hadn't noticed, he had and promptly picked it up asking very loudly what was it....... there was no way i could say anything as the lads would have took the p*ss so i told him it must be some kind of new packing for the parts, he asked the other lads if they had seen the new packaging and all said no, i took it off him and chucked it in the bin... he then threw a cup of coffee on top and that was a £30 bra down the pan! he then went on and on about the new packaging to the boys in parts...... i swear i must have gone bright red every time it was mentioned, for about a month i was constantly looking on the floor living in fear of it happening again

• Like 2

Moaning :tired:

Positive thoughts for Nog that they can find out what's going on and it's the least serious option :GroupHug:

When I was about 12/13 I went to a disco and stuffed one of my sister's bras with toilet paper. I was dancing with a boy halfway through and then went to the toilet - when I looked in the mirror one half of the tissue had come out so I had a lump just above my waistband :laugh: :blush:

• Like 2

Nog is a very ill dog - last night he refused anything but water and I had a struggle getting the pill into him, he was really out of it but we thought that was probably the sedation he'd had, he also has an enormous bruise on his neck which she'd told me about and which was one of the things she was concerned about as thats a sign of his blood not being right. I didn't worry overly much about him not eating as he was drinking and probably wasn't feeling like eating with a sore tummy, however, this morning we awoke to find he's been sick overnight and brought up almost pure water with fresh red blood clots. Theres no froth or foam, just a dirty coloured pure liquid and clots one of which is the size of a 10p coin. Nog is still very very quiet and subdued but any sedation should have cleared his system by now. I'll be ringing the hospital vet as soon as they open and have taken photos of the clots so she can see them if she needs to, what concerns me most is that the medication he's on should be lining the stomach and preventing any pain plus there should be much reduced acid production so nothing should be inflaming his gut to make him vomit or cause the bleeding. If he cant keep water down though then we have more serious problems. Desperately worried now.

Just spoke to his vet - shes not overly worried about the blood he brought up overnight she said the medication hasn't had time to start working yet so its to be expected he will still be bleeding a bit, nor is him refusing food an issue as she said he needs to be starved for 3 days prior to the camera up his bum and gastric surgery anyway so 3 or 4 days without food isn't anything to be worried about, what is of concern is if he cant keep water down or refuses water as he will dehydrate, Nog has drunk a nice long drink of water this morning and is peeing so he's not dehydrated, if he can keep the water down this morning then fine, if however he vomits it back again then I will take him to the local surgery and he can have an anti emetic to stop him vomiting. She also isnt worried about how subdued and spaced out he is, she said he is obviously quite poorly and feeling sorry for himself and to let him rest as much as he wants. *phew* feel much more relaxed now.

Carpet is a flipping mess though but for now sod it, I've dabbed up as much as I can, have towels down and a heavy book on top and once Nogs better and stopped throwing up we'll hire a carpet cleaner.

• Like 1

well Dakota has had a busy morning... as have i! i have just taken her to the vets to get her weighed and she now weighs 6.95 kilos, she saw ashling (the vet who put diesel to sleep) and sat for a bit in the waiting room, she has been into the bank and on 2 buses, got home and popped her in her crate with her dinner and took laney out and we were gone 10 mins and she had been crying the whole time..... laney had been to the vet this morning for his checkup and since we were there last which is about 2 months he has put 3 kilos on... whoops, claws cut and back home on the bus, i am shattered and have to go to the drs tonight as my urine sample tested positive again for an infection despite a weeks worth of a full course antibiotic (i usually have 1 a day long term)