UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

I used to work with a girl who had a parrot. What a character he was. He'd lived with her for a number of years whilst she was a single girl and then she got a partner. Well the parrot, Hector, did not like the new partner and every time the guy would put his arm around Hector's mum Hector would have a hissy fit. His mum had taught him a number of phrases plus he'd picked others up of the TV so he'd shout "You're nasty", "I'm gonna scweam and scweam until I'm thick", "dead men tell no tales" a lot when the boyfriend was about.

At night time he would sometimes play his mum up and refuse to go into his cage for the night and he'd squawk "I'm watching telly". She used to have to resort to bribing him so would offer his favourite treat if he went to bed. Well then he couldn't get in the cage fast enough and would pause to pull the door closed behind him which was something he hadn't been taught.

She'd say "n'night Hector see you in the morning" to which he'd sometimes reply "not if I see you first". I don't know if they are just literally parroting what they have been taught but Hector's phrases did seem to be used at appropriate times on many an occasion. She used to come to work and have me in creases over Hector.

• Like 1

Nog is losing weight and condition quite rapidly, he now has saggy skin and I can feel every bone when I stroke him yesterday he ate nothing other than 380 gms of chicken across the whole of the day. Blood tests this morning - I've emailed work and told them I'm not willing to go to an all day meeting tomorrow 2 hours drive in each direction away from home.

Keeping everything crossed that Nog is feeling better soon :flowers:

6.45 spin class was a good idea - the traffic was horrendous this morning, so the fact I left the gym earlier than I usually leave home (and the gym is closer to the motorway than home), meant that I got to work on time :)

I have been out for a walk with Archie and Sadie. As there were no other cars in the car park when we got to our little woodland walk I let Sadie off her lead so she could at least have a run for half of the walk. She was a good girl and came back to me when called. Recall has previously been a big issue with her - here's was non-existent but when she got together with Archie she saw him return every time he was called and decided if he was doing it so would she :)

Back on lead for the second part of the walk just in case other dog walkers had arrived and we were doing OK until my breathing became a problem. Fortunately I was close to the only seat in the wood so sat there whilst I used my inhaler and waited until my breathing settled. Then I noticed something wasn't right with Sadie. She was lying under the bench, salivating and her eyes were rolling in her head. I couldn't coax her out so had to pull her out and preparing myself for possibly getting bitten I checked her mouth. She had a piece of stick stuck across the roof of her mouth. I couldn't see anything else down her throat so after applying some considerable pressure I got the stick out and watched to see if she returned to normal - and she did! :) She was so good and so trusting to let me open her mouth and fish around in there even though she was in a panic. Cara is going to check to make sure all is OK in her mouth in case the skin got broken.

And now I can relax!

Blimey Marion what a walk, glad shes ok now.

I have to say that with all this worrying over Nog I really did need a laugh and a half - and clicking a link on facebook has given me one - I have had to take a break from reading as my eyes are blurred from all the tears, my mouth and sides are hurting, and I need more tissues - I give you Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummy-Candy-Sugarless-5-Pound/dp/B000EVQWKC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Fair warning, go to the loo before starting to read the reviews, have tissues handy and if reading in a public place expect to have to explain your hysteria to others ....

• Like 1

hahahaha brilliant.... i do love to read the amazon reviews, i am quite sad and bookmark them too!

i hope Nog is feeling a bit better soon

Yantan, how scary, my dogs have rubber sticks now as i read of some awful things and my vet told me he quite often sees dogs in with mouth injuries from sticks

eugghhhhh i feel rough, i have a cough, my joints ache and are stiff and i just feel poorly.... i have a very very nasty suspicion my wegeners is flaring up... i may disappear for a while if they admit me to hospital... i am not surprised given the last 5 weeks have been horrible for me and the insurance has just been the last straw