UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

Well there has been a slight improvement - I have to give Nog a capsule pill once a day its very important he has it the medicine is easy to give to him as he rather likes the taste and I just syringe it in, but the pill is another matter entirely, after 3 goes and 3 spittings out and his jaws clamping ever tighter we had a brainwave I went and smeared no more than a fingernails worth of marmite on my finger (didnt want to give him too much as its very rich) Rob popped the pill in and clamped his mouth then I smeared a teeny bit of marmite along his gum line - and quick as a flash the pill was gone and Nog was licking his chops asking for more lol So I let him lick my finger clean then he followed me into the kitchen and had a long drink of water and then of his own volition he helped himself to a piece of chicken that had been in his dish since this morning, I quickly swiped the rest as I didn't want him to have stale food and I grabbed the fresh chunky chicken from the fridge and offered him a slice, he ate it and another 8 pieces and would have taken more but I don't want to over do it so cut him off for now. Then he stood and really looked around and wagged his tail, so Rob asked if he wanted walkies - more tail wags, so he went and fetched his coat and lead and Nog trotted after him! They went out but were only gone 5 mins - apparently Nog went to the end of the drive and stopped he then stood nosing the boot of the car and wagging his tail LOL he wanted to go for a ride not a walk LOL anyway Rob let him have a good sniff of the air and then brought him back in. He's now curled up on his bed again but looking a lot more alert than he's been since Wednesday. Just hope he keeps the chicken down now.

• Like 3

All the talk of knicker incidents earlier kind of passed me by as I was so wibbly, I've now paid a bit more attention and can add my own knicker story....

Several years ago I was at an event where I (and others) were to be presented to The Princess Royal in the Town Hall - this was a BIG deal and there were lots of very important people there and a rather large police and security presence, along with TV cameras, photographers, national and local press. We all had to arrive long before Princess Anne and be briefed on etiquette and how things would be done etc. one of the things my boss at the time had insisted upon was that we for once wore dresses or skirts so I wore an ankle length full skirt and matching top with court shoes. We'd been waiting a while as she was running late and I really needed a wee so I asked if I could pop out to the loo the security people weren't terribly thrilled and I was given dire warnings that if she arrived whilst I was in the toilet I wouldn't be allowed back into the hall so I had to be quick! So off I went - now we had been positioned on the far side of the big ballroom which had highly polished wooden floors so it was a bit slippery and clip cloppy and I had to watch I didnt fall over plus we weren't allowed to cross through the middle which had to stay empty, anyway I made it to the loo and as I got there I heard the cheers from outside and knew she'd arrived but I figured I might just have enough time whilst she was being greeted by the Mayor and the Lord Lieutenant etc. so I rushed in, had my wee, and then hastily pulled up my knickers and scrambled to get back in before she did, however, as I came out of the loo I could see her ahead of me in the main doorway so I looked around in panic and spotted a side door guarded by a plain clothes security guy, he tsk tsked me but kindly stood aside to let me through and whispered for me to go straight across to my group as quickly as I could ....soooooo I went trip trip clop clop trip skiiiiiddddddd across the empty middle of the ballroom I wasn't really paying attention as I was trying so hard not to slip over but it gradually dawned on me that alot of people were staring at me in horror including all my colleagues, I just kept on going thinking it was because I'd cut across the centre instead of going around the outside, then one of my workmates dashed out of the group and spun me around and was tugging at my clothes ..... yup I had indeed tucked my skirt into the waistband of my knickers and had just flashed Princess Anne, The Lord Lieutenant of Wiltshire, various Lord and Lady Mayors and assorted town Councillors.

I was panicking all day that one of the photographers might have got a photo but if they did it wasn't ever published thank goodness - however not only did my colleagues NOT ever let me forget it, the flipping chair mentioned it in the annual report!

Lord knows what I'm likely to do if I am ever presented to the Queen LOL

• Like 3

:biglaugh: Snow :)

Am back in Manchester - super speedy flight home, we had major winds helping us, so instead of the 10 hours it took us to get there, it only took 7 and a half to get home. The pilot was mega excited and proud to tell us that our top speed was 752 miles an hour :laugh: (typical cruising speed for that plane is 520mph - I checked in the in flight mag :) ) Am now waiting for mum to pick me up :)