UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

Moaning :tired:

Blwyddyn newydd dda to all partyblower.gif Hope 2014 is fabulous for all of you.

Fireworks can't have been too bad last night - I'm a light sleeper and the fireworks woke me up but not fully. I was aware of them but went back to sleep quickly so they can't have been too bad.

Now that's out of the way I can start looking forward to spring flowerpink.gif

RMF : Normally Taffy sprawls over half the bed but I woke up this morning to find him sleeping on the new dog sofa - he absolutely loves it :wub:

• Like 2

Morning,

Thanks for the new thread!!

You know new year is exciting when reading war and peace makes it interesting (my downloaded copy of 1984 is missing a chapter...)!

Looking forward to coming home and starting work, this part of the holiday has gone on too long.

We had an awful volley of fireworks around 10pm which actually shook the house! For a moment memories of being flung flat on my back in London in 1983 by a bomb blast came back and I really thought a bomb had detonated. Midnight came with just a few somewhat muffled fireworks going off and Archie and I got off to sleep soon after without further problem :)

Well the first day of 2014 is off to a good start - it's pizzing down :rolleyes:

It's a 100 years in August since WW1 kicked off. I remember talking to my great, great uncle Vivian about his war experiences in the trenches. He was missing two fingers and told me that after a particularly nasty bombardment he got fed up and stuck two fingers up at enemy lines and promptly got them shot off. I was totally taken in by this and was rather disappointed to find out years later that he was just pulling my leg. Still it's amazing to think in this centenary year that I actually got the chance to sit with a veteran and listen to his tales of the war - even if some of them weren't true!

A GUID NEW YEAR TO ONE AND AL l AND MANY MORE TO COME.

We had a party in our local hall in the strath but no fireworks. A jolly good time was had by all. We got home at 2am so have not been up for long.

We have blue skies and sunshine to herald 2014. I hope it is a good omen.

Still can't decide which ruddy bed to buy. I thought I'd decided on a wooden/rattan one, but the ones I liked were way above my price range (they were between £1,500 and £2,000!). Then I saw an iron one which I like so was going to buy that, but then started Googling and saw a few others from the Original Bedstead Company which are rather fabulous. I am torn between the Ardmore and the Camolin. The Ardmore is only available in pewter/brass colour but the Camolin is also available in bronze/brass. Can't decide which one to get and then if I decide on the Camolin which colour option do I go for? I think I've just been looking that long now that what little decision making abilities I had have deserted me :rolleyes:

Ardmore (cheaper option)

ardmore-4.gif

Camolin

camolin-2.gif

camolin_brass_800x800%5B1%5D.jpg

Help me decide please!!!

I like the first two but not the third Alex.

Mmmmmmm, just had another look and I am definitely favouring the second one. I think it may be because the contrast between the two metals stands out more but I might feel differently if I was looking at the actual beds rather than photos. Not much help am I :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I prefer the first one, however I have to point out that reading in bed with a metal bedstead is most uncomfortable! I much prefer a solid headboard - you don't lose your pillows down the gaps!

Good point! I agree with you Jayne. I have partially overcome this by using a V shaped pillow over the top of my normal pillows but it's not infallible.

• Like 1