UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

Owl :GroupHug: sometimes people are just rubbish. Glad you managed to sort out the other situation before it escalated :flowers:

Good luck today Jazz.

Snow and Nog :GroupHug: I hope it turns out to be nothing to worry out. Its hopefully a good sign that he seems happy in himself.

I'm off work this morning as I woke up with a migraine. I've also had a horrid cold since Sunday, so was feeling pretty rubbish. Head is quite a bit better now, so I'm just testing out how I do at the computer before deciding whether or not to go in to work this afternoon.

Positive thoughts being sent for Nog :GroupHug:

The lady going straight over at the roundabout made me think of the college friend I had back in the 70's. She was learning to drive and when her instructor told her "straight over at the roundabout" she did - literately! During her test a motorist waved her on and she just sat where she was waving back thinking it was someone she knew.

Good luck today Alicia :flowers:

Nog saw his own vet at 9:40 however when the vet attempted to feel his abdomen Nog reacted instantly, he was not at all happy to be examined - this more than anything shows me he must be very sore. Vet suspects ulcers or pancreatitis I have had to take Nog to the Hospital and he's there now whilst they run bloods and depending upon what the blood show he will also be having either an ultrasound or endoscopy to try and find out whats going on. I need to ring them later and see what the results are, I'm back home and eating cream eggs & smoking fags like they were going out of fashion.

Nog saw his own vet at 9:40 however when the vet attempted to feel his abdomen Nog reacted instantly, he was not at all happy to be examined - this more than anything shows me he must be very sore. Vet suspects ulcers or pancreatitis I have had to take Nog to the Hospital and he's there now whilst they run bloods and depending upon what the blood show he will also be having either an ultrasound or endoscopy to try and find out whats going on. I need to ring them later and see what the results are, I'm back home and eating cream eggs & smoking fags like they were going out of fashion.

everything crossed for a good outcome for Nog.

Pets really know how to worry us.

I hope Nog's problems get sorted quickly Snow, before you develop lung cancer or make yourself sick with cream eggs! A friend of mine's little cav had bad colitis and was losing weight badly and it turns out she has pancreatitis, she's on medication now and putting weight back on and a happy girl again, hopefully Nog will be mended as successfully.

Hope all went well for Jazz at the hospital.

Feck it - vet just rang me, they dont think at this stage with the scan and bloods its either ulcers or pancreatitis though shes going to do another test specifically for pancreitits just to be sure, shes also going to test for lung worm not because she thinks he has it but to rule one more thing out just in case, his white blood count is raised and his platlets are quite low which shows something is wrong. Theres no visible mass in his intestine however there is a fair bit of thickening which could be of concern. I've been given quite a few different options to think about ranging from non invasive to all guns blazing get in there and see whats happening for certain. Having just spoken to Rob my instinct says to opt for the surgery and try and get a firm diagnosis rather than treat it as this and try that and if that doesnt work then we'll do this that and t'other, its not fair on Nog. The 3 things I've been told it "might" be are on a bit of a spectrum - all of which (asside from ulcers) are on a scale of how bad it could be ranging from manageable to life threatening *sighs* the vet was very very happy to chat to me and explain and discuss every option which is great though its left me feeling rather shaken and mind racing etc. He'll have the rest of the tests this afternoon and then I can bring him home if we are going for the surgical option then he has to be starved for 3 days beforehand.

The thing worrying me most is cancer of some form, up to now only Rob and I between us privately have even mentioned it, today the vet told me it is one of the things she would be looking for - granted the fact that his lymphnodes (apart from 1) are all normal sized and theres no visible mass etc is a good sign there could still be something tumory lurking in the thickened gastro intestinal wall - but equally it could also still be an ulcer (though she does think thats unlikely) or it could be IBD/colitis. We feel the same blackmagic - we want to know, its better for Nog if we catch whatever it is early rather than keep this dragging on.

i agree with you Snow, you need to find what the problem is, i had diesel xrayed, a needle popped into her abdomen to check for free blood and then a scan, had the scan not picked up the mass in her abdomen then i would have had her scoped as for my peace of mind i needed to know i had done my very best for her, i do hope Nog will be o.k he seems a real character, we will send good thoughts his way and your way too