UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

Sophie I am sorry you are having a time of it :GroupHug:

My friend, who recently moved from here down to Bracknell, was so worried about her last remaining dog, an ancient Staffie x, pining for her lost companion decided she had to something about it. She had a good talk with her niece and they came up with a plan. My friend would approach a local rescue and see how they felt about her adopting a dog which would live with her and her ancient staffie but with the niece taking a very active part in the care. If anything was to happen to my friend (who is in her earlier 80's and not in the best of health) then the dog would go to live with the niece who is close to retirement and has other dogs.

Long story short a rescue agreed to this plan and my friend has adopted not one but TWO young JRT's. Her old dog has perked up and is enjoying living with the two little 'uns. They are also great company for my friend who having moved away from all her friends was feeling a bit low. It's given purpose to her day.

• Like 2

oh dear Sophie, how awful for you... it all seems to happen at once, now the sim thing, if you are staying permanantly on the network, call your provider and ask them to change the number over for you, it can usually be done it 24 hours... i got a new phone for xmas and it is a micro sim and my old phone was a normal sim so i had to do the transfer.

Yantan, sorry to hear your breathing is bad again, and how lovely for your friend to have 2 new furry pals

Sorry you aren't doing well off the steroids Yantan, could you have a longer session on a lower dose?

Sophie, that's quite enough bad luck for now, did the homechecker accept your apologies? Our late lamented dobe once bit the local vicar, but he said it was his own fault, he'd kept walking up our path when she was quite clearly telling him to stand still. I imagine he trusted in his God and was out of luck.

How are you feeling now, Griff? Has the soreness subsided? You must be very relieved that the outcome was no tumour though.

Alex..hope you are ok.

My daughter had a bad start to the day, she dropped her OH off at his work and was driving to hers, when a woman came shooting out of a side turning and straight into her car! Thank the gods she is ok, but the passenger side of the car isn't well at all. The good thing is it was her OH's Alto and not her precious MX5, I think she'd have murdered the other driver.

I'm trying to stay relaxed about my breast clinic appointment tomorrow but I must confess I'm starting to get a bit wibbly. :unsure: Keep fingers crossed for me at 1.30 please folks!

Suzeanna, i am still very sore and still peeing blood, my urine sample on friday showed blood and protein so i guess it is another infection! hopefully it will clear up. Sorry to hear about your daughter but glad to read she is o.k, a piece of metal can be replaced but your daughter is not replaceable. Good luck for tomorrow, i hope it turns out to be a harmless cyst

Thats great news for your friend Yantan :) There are some good rescues round here who take individual circumstances into account, which is nice.

:GroupHug: for your daughter suzeanna - how scary. Glad to hear its just the car that is damaged.

And another :GroupHug: for you suzeanne - I hope it goes well tomorrow.

Griff, sorry to hear you're still suffering with the infection - I hope it clears up soon.

:GroupHug: :grouphug: to Alex, Griff, Sophie, Suzeanna and anyone else I have missed (am not used to having to catch up several days at a time :unsure: )

Weather here is still shite, has been raining and cloudy since Thursday. They still took us out on a jet ski, which I am sure would be great fun in the sunshine, but was downright miserable in the heavy rain :( There is nothing to do here when it rains, so am pretty bored right now. I can't even go to the gym as my trainers got trashed on the 4x4 trip in the mud and rain :(

Alex :GroupHug:

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you tomorrow Suzeanna :GroupHug:

Archie went off with Ian, Evie and Sadie over 2 hours ago. I guess they are all having a nice walk. Hope I have time to get the fleece covers back on the sofas before The Archibald comes home to save them being covered in black hair :rolleyes_anim:

My daughter had a bad start to the day, she dropped her OH off at his work and was driving to hers, when a woman came shooting out of a side turning and straight into her car! Thank the gods she is ok, but the passenger side of the car isn't well at all. The good thing is it was her OH's Alto and not her precious MX5, I think she'd have murdered the other driver.

I'm trying to stay relaxed about my breast clinic appointment tomorrow but I must confess I'm starting to get a bit wibbly. :unsure: Keep fingers crossed for me at 1.30 please folks!

Glad your daughter is okay but I am sure it was a shocking way to start the day

A friend of mine had a similar issue to you last year and it turned out to be a cyst , I have everything crossed that it will be the same for you

Vet appointment is at 5. Was fretting so much I was making myself feel sick so I came home from work.

I know its hard but try not to fret , everyone here is supportive of you and you are doing a good and kind thing even though it hurts.

Suzeanna, i am still very sore and still peeing blood, my urine sample on friday showed blood and protein so i guess it is another infection! hopefully it will clear up.

oh dear you are really are having a bad run of it , have you tired accupunture ? some people ( me included ) have found it very helpful for raising your overall immune system.

Weather here is still shite, has been raining and cloudy since Thursday. They still took us out on a jet ski, which I am sure would be great fun in the sunshine, but was downright miserable in the heavy rain :( There is nothing to do here when it rains, so am pretty bored right now. I can't even go to the gym as my trainers got trashed on the 4x4 trip in the mud and rain :(

do you have any books or a kindle with you ?

Merledogs, i am thinking of you both

Gooster, sorry to hear the weather is ruining your holiday, hope you get another couple of good days before you come back

Yantan, your Archie has a lovely life doesn't he? i am thinking of booking doggy daycare for the pup, we don't seem to see many dogs here when we are out and i think it would be good for laney too so me and him can have some time together.... need to save some money up first though!

i don't have an immune system Sam.... not allowed to have one as it is killing me, that's why i am on long term chemotherapy and steroids, i think the water infections are just part and parcel of my disease and not sure if they will ever go but as long as i can stop them before they get going properly i will be o.k

i don't have an immune system Sam.... not allowed to have one as it is killing me, that's why i am on long term chemotherapy and steroids, i think the water infections are just part and parcel of my disease and not sure if they will ever go but as long as i can stop them before they get going properly i will be o.k

Is there any type of alternative therapy you would be allowed to have ? or even a nice massage or something to give you a boost without causing you more medical issues