UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

All power to your elbow Owl :flowers:

What is it about me and car batteries? I loaded Archie in the car to go & pick Sadie up and then onwards for a walk and the bloody battery was flat :banghead: I got a bemused Archie out of the car and changed his harness and went on foot to collect Sadie at the shop. When I got there Cara offered to take them both if I minded the shop so as my breathing was a bit troublesome I was rather glad to agree.

Then I had the most uncomfortable walk home as just after I had exited the shop my knickers started travelling south. I had trousers and waterproof over-trousers on with a zipped up jacket over the top of them. I would have had to hitch the jacket up and rummage around in my trousers to pull the bloody things up - on the main street with quite a few shoppers around. So I left them. Bunched up. :grrr:

• Like 1

Afternoon and thanks for the birthday wishes :flowers:

I told my boss this week about a medical condition/disability I have. Have wanted to tell him since I started but didn't know how it would be taken. He's told his boss, who will tell our director, who will then undoubtedly tell HR. Hope I haven't set anything negative in motion. Will wait and see how they handle it but must admit I am a bit nervous.

All power to your elbow Owl :flowers:

What is it about me and car batteries? I loaded Archie in the car to go & pick Sadie up and then onwards for a walk and the bloody battery was flat :banghead: I got a bemused Archie out of the car and changed his harness and went on foot to collect Sadie at the shop. When I got there Cara offered to take them both if I minded the shop so as my breathing was a bit troublesome I was rather glad to agree.

Then I had the most uncomfortable walk home as just after I had exited the shop my knickers started travelling south. I had trousers and waterproof over-trousers on with a zipped up jacket over the top of them. I would have had to hitch the jacket up and rummage around in my trousers to pull the bloody things up - on the main street with quite a few shoppers around. So I left them. Bunched up. :grrr:

A work colleague had a rather embarrassing experience when she was walking up the local high street and her knickers landed at her ankles. :blush:

She nonchalantly stepped put of them, put them in her pocket and carried on walking.

Sorry Yantan but had to laugh at the thought of you fighting with your underwear in the street! Hope the breathing is easier now.

Alex..it would be discrimatory if they suddenly decided that they didn't need you, or you didn't suit that position. From what you've said your work is excellent, I wouldn't worry yourself about it.

Sam, I'm at a loss as to why people would attack you and Dogstar online...there are some very weird people in the world. Luckily for animals, there are also some like you and Mark, and others who run similar things in other countries (this is relating to something you put on somewhere else, in case people are thinking what?!)

I'm sure my daughter didn't mean to scare me, but when I told her that I hadn't had a mammogram but the registrar who examined me is sending me for one, with all the extras, she said oh dear, that's more worrying isn't it? Erm...I hadn't thought about it but yes, it is. Thanks darling! :confused: My neighbour over the road has been diagnosed with a rare type of lymphoma and he's been admitted for chemo. Poor bloke..he's in his late fifties and never had a day off work sick in his life, then he gets walloped with this, I feel so sorry for him.

Sam, I'm at a loss as to why people would attack you and Dogstar online...there are some very weird people in the world. Luckily for animals, there are also some like you and Mark, and others who run similar things in other countries (this is relating to something you put on somewhere else, in case people are thinking what?!)

Thank you , I am sure he has mental health issues or is just a really angry person

for those who don't follow Dogstar on facebook this refers to someone who was posting on our youtube channel regards a dog that Mark and I treated last year for mange , in short the poster was less than friendly about Mark and I and suggested that we and the dog be hung and our bodies burnt afterwards !

Its ranking up there with the man who accused me of Genocide and said I was as bad as Hitler because we sterilise dogs and the woman that accused me of supporting child abuse because we work at Temples with young monks

I said what I had to say as kindly as possible, after the lady concerned told me someone else had a go at her about exactly the things which concern me. I said I agreed with this person. And now I am paid back as she has gone on Facebook and complained how unhappy she is about people having a go at her when all she tries to do is keep everyone happy. At least she didn't name and shame. So everyone has told her how wonderful she is. I could have risen to the bait and started a row but what is the point? I have had my say, she can take or leave it. Friends who tell you something you don't want to hear are not necessarily bad friends. Sometimes they are valuable.

Anyone can indeed be brave behind a keyboard, and accuse anyone of anything, Sam. I speak as a man, an upper class snob, a right wing extremist, a left wing extremist, and a supporter of al Quaeda. Very versatile, me! You have met me and can judge for yourself the accuracy of those statements made by various keyboard warriors.

On the plus side, I managed to sort out a horrible misunderstanding today, and prevent a bad situation from escalating. So at least a good day in one respect. And the bug is no worse, been treating with elderberry syrup etc.

Hope everyone is ok :flowers:

The weather here today has been a bit better - it rained and went miserable at about 1pm, but the sun reappeared at about 2.30, so it's not been too bad. Have had so many Cuban guys hitting on me though - they all tell me I'm beautiful and have a perfect body :laugh: :rolleyes: Wish I had that kind of success at home - maybe I should walk around in a bikini at home :unsure:

• Like 1

Had a palavar last night trying to get Nog to take his zetac and eat, finally got him to take it before bed so was patting ourselves on the back - unfortunately though when we got up this morning Nog has been sick and it contains fresh bright red blood, he's been out in the garden and was again sick but brought up nothing but fresh blood and flem - unlike previously he's not at all distressed and shaky nor is he uncomfortable but he is quiet I've already phoned into work and told them I won't be in today and I am going to make an appointment to see his vet as soon as they open this morning. Positive thoughts needed that this is "merely" ulcers rather than anything unthinkable. Took lots of photos of the blood etc. so I can show the vet, sods law that yesterday I went and got a months supply of zetac & tramadol from them and was telling the vet Nog had been doing fine on them *sigh* next time I will keep my gob shut.

I hope hes ok

we had a crap night, these were in and out of the garden, so had 3 hours sleep.

im not here, im getting ready to go for CT scans so will be at the hospital all morning. Im due out the door in half hour and not even fed the dogs yet

love you all

*poof!* gone!

Hope nog is feeling better.

Owl, did you find your thong or just the shop commando?

A lady drove across the roundabout on my way to the station this morning. She destroyed a few sign posts and stopped resting on top of some that are taller than me. I have often wondered how people so it, but eventhough we were the first car opposite her on the roundabout I still can't work out how she is it. Thankfully she was ok and jumped out of her car and lots of people stopped to help her.